PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a nice singing voice?

micki76
10-01-2004, 10:11 AM
I recently discovered that we have a VERY vocally talented member here at PT (I've heard her recordings and WOW!) and wondered if anyone else sings?

I'm totally jealous of anyone who can sing well. I sing often and loud (usually in the car, so I'm sure I look moronic), but I sound like I'm in pain. But I love to do it, so I'll continue.

So do you sing? Are you good or do you just enjoy it, like me?

Barbara
10-01-2004, 10:17 AM
I used to sing not too bad when I was much younger. Actually my ex-husband and me in the mid of the seventies used to sing at parties, all that Joan Baez, Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen stuff:o :o :o plus French chansons. He played the guitar and I was singing:o

My voice is no longer very good but I still like to sing:)

pitc9
10-01-2004, 10:27 AM
Yes, I sing!
I sang all through high school.
I just sang When You Say Nothing at All, by Alison Krause at my friend's wedding in July. She had it copied on to a DVD for me!

I sing kareokee (that word may be spelled wrong, I am sorry) at bars all the time. I have everyone telling me I should be doing something with my voice. But I just don't have the "image" or the confidence. I sing to myself in the car all the time. I don't listen to the radio or anything... I just sing!

I sing to my hubby when ever we are slow dancing... he loves it!
:o

lizzielou742
10-01-2004, 11:31 AM
HECK NO - I'm awful at singing! But I still belt it out in my car. ;) :D

I've always said, if I could be anyone for a day, I'd be either Martina McBride or Alison Krauss. I'm so jealous.

Samantha Puppy
10-01-2004, 11:53 AM
I love to sing. I was in chorus all through school, and auditioned for (and was accepted into) a select singing group in high school called The Madrigals. My voice isn't as strong as I'd like but I've been told it is pretty...

Tonya
10-01-2004, 11:55 AM
I have a horrible voice. And I am not just saying it to be modest. When I sing to my son, he says "Mommy, please stop, you're ruining the song!" One time, I was singing to my old roomate's cat, and it put it's ears back and started yowling and hissing at me. My roomate had tears in her eyes she was laughing so hard.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-01-2004, 12:02 PM
I love to sing. I used to sing with my guitar at church but haven't for a long time. Mostly, because I can't play my guitar because of arthritis. I'm not sure I was all that good but no one ran from the room screaming.:D

jlnacnud
10-01-2004, 12:16 PM
I love to sing sometimes I talk to all my friends in song. I wish I could try out for American Idol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

primabella
10-01-2004, 01:18 PM
My voice is pretty awful, lol. But that doesn't stop me from belting out a song whenever I want. :p

wolfsoul
10-01-2004, 01:34 PM
I LOVE to sing, and I'm a good singer but only with country music. Of course I do sing other kinds of songs besides country, but I have a nasal country voice.

I sing lots of kareoke (my grandpa owns a kereoke machine), so I have quite alot of fun. I've always wanted to record myself singing on the internet. :)

Uabassoon
10-01-2004, 01:50 PM
I'm a horrible singer, but that doesn't stop me from singing karaokee! No matter how bad I am, I know there are lots of people worse than me!

RobiLee
10-01-2004, 02:04 PM
I can not sing at all. I love to sing though and wish that I could sing AND dance...hehehe.

I love to sing in my car when I am all alone and can really belt it out and I don't care who sees me or how weird I look...lol.

Robin :)

slick
10-01-2004, 02:35 PM
:D :D :D LOL LOL I think so when I'm driving and all the windows are rolled up.
I tried singing at home once.....the cats hid!!:eek:

snappy
10-01-2004, 02:38 PM
Well - I sing - with a couple of local bands here in the Columbus area - and people pay me for it! I went to school and ended up with a degree in Musical/Theater. The bands I sing with are a Big Band - old standards, really great to 'swing dance', a two-some that is part recorded music part live male/female songs, and a cover band with another girl singer. It is fun with the cover band - we sing alike and family members cannot always tell by the recording who is singing lead vs back up. I love to sing so much that I am also singing with a church group for Christmas, a local singing group for the area of town I live in and other Christmas type events. I used to sing at nursing homes as well, but I started to get really depressed with that one.

If you want - check out www.radiosurfers.net to hear/see the cover band.

Karen
10-01-2004, 02:54 PM
I sing. As does pretty much anyone to whom I am genetically connected! ;) My family is all musicians, we always sang the blessing, in parts, in many generations, at Thanksgiving when I was a kid. My mother taught piano and woodwinds, as does my sister now, and my sister was kind enough to marry a tenor in so we can sing 4-part stuff without having to torture a bass or arm-twist an alto. I sing in church every week either in the choir or as a soloist, and have since I was 9, pretty much. I can sing soprano or alto and even tenor in a stretch, depending how low it goes. I sing whenever I get the chance, and sing quietly to my little bunny, too.

When I was a kid, I thought everyone could sing if they just tried, but I now know that, sadly, is not true.

dogs_4_me
10-01-2004, 02:56 PM
I really wish I had a nice voice, but i dont!!! I used to be in a choir..haha that did not last long!:D

BitsyNaceyDog
10-01-2004, 03:14 PM
I have a wretched voice.:( I love to sing in the car, though. There are only 2 people I will sing in front of and that is my husband and my sister.

Shelteez2
10-01-2004, 05:43 PM
I can't sing. But I too do it anyways. I like to turn a song up nice and loud and then sing just under the music, LOL
I also belt out songs while in my car. It got me through a 16 hour drive to Wyoming ;)

I've also sang karaoke once before. You know how they say it doesn't matter as someone is always worse than you? I am that "worse". LOL Oh well I don't think I will do that again, but I do love going to listen to karaoke.

Even better than going to listen to karaoke though is going to a bar that has duelling pianos. It is the most fun you will ever have. To quote my boss "I love going to a place where they encourage you to sing as loudly as you can". LOL

DJFyrewolf36
10-01-2004, 05:48 PM
I've been told I have a good voice for some types of music. (Gothic stuff mostly, so what does that tell you lol). A friend of mine said Id be a great female cover for Green Day (WTH does that mean, really? lol) Im kind of in a band right now, so I guess SOMEONE thinks I have talent

I sang in Choir in junior high, I dropped out because I felt embarassed singing such stupid songs (we sang songs from Disney movies once...I felt so lame lol)

ComedyDevil
10-01-2004, 05:50 PM
Ummm? No comment :o :p

I'm sure everyone here can sing really :p

binka_nugget
10-01-2004, 05:51 PM
I sing with the school choir but I'm dropping out next week LOL. I love singing (and I guess I'm okay at it) but I can't stand the class. I may *possibly* sing at our grad this year.. depending on what songs they pick.

chrissycat21
10-01-2004, 08:53 PM
I guess I have a good voice. Everyone tells me I do....I'm in chorus at school. I can sing good if I try but if I'm just singing loud to myself its not all that great! lol

sirrahved
10-01-2004, 09:02 PM
Marshmallow thinks I have a good singing voice... she comes to me and snuggles when I sing.

I've performed at a couple of weddings, in church and in musicals... but for some reason, nearly every musical I was in required me to sing poorly! (Smee in Peter Pan, Lucy in You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown, and a peacock in The Emperor and the Nightingale) People try to assure me that this is simply because of my comidic ability and NOT because of any lack of singing ability, but after a while it's hard to believe them!

My father has a beautiful singing voice, and my father and I are both known for singing at my home church. Someone asked my father if my brother sings like the rest of us... and dad couldn't help but chuckle a little bit! My brother sings like a frog looking for a mate!

Amber
10-01-2004, 10:02 PM
I love to sing, I've been in choir for almost 2 years, love it! oh, and I think I have a pretty good voice.

carole
10-02-2004, 12:17 AM
I enjoy singing, and I have been told by several people I have a good voice, (mind you so did some of those on IDOL he he), I have heard my own voice on Karaoke playback, and I feel its pretty ok , I would love voice training to get high notes, and learn to breathe correctly, but I have never bothered, as I am far to shy to sing publicly, I can only sing certain kind of songs, atomic kitten's Eternal Flame I am not too bad at, but I Need help with those high notes., its all fun and something I enjoy.

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-02-2004, 03:35 AM
I can't carry a tune in a bucket, but that does not stop me from singing all the time. Especially in the car - when I can play the music I like as loud as I like (at home no-one likes my music, so all my favourite CDs are in the car):o

davidpizzica
10-02-2004, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
I love to sing. I used to sing with my guitar at church but haven't for a long time. Mostly, because I can't play my guitar because of arthritis. I'm not sure I was all that good but no one ran from the room screaming.:D Connie, I'm a tenor in my church choir(only tenor in my church choir!) I usually get drafted to do the high note in "Oh Holy Night" I like to sing especically with Christmas coming up.

davidpizzica
10-02-2004, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
I love to sing. I used to sing with my guitar at church but haven't for a long time. Mostly, because I can't play my guitar because of arthritis. I'm not sure I was all that good but no one ran from the room screaming.:D Connie, I'm a tenor in my church choir(only tenor in the church choir!) Which is wqhy I usually get drafted to sing the high note in "Oh Holy Night"! I enjoy singing especially with Christmas coming up.

Tina
10-02-2004, 09:47 AM
Not really! But that doesn't stop me from singing though.:p

slleipnir
10-02-2004, 10:28 AM
I'm a horrible singer, butI love to anyway XD I just won't sing in front of anyone.