PDA

View Full Version : Do you wear sunglasses while driving?

Tina
09-30-2004, 05:28 PM
Ok, just another dumb thought came across my mind. I know a couple years ago when I first started driving I didn't really care to wear sunglasses. But now when I drive I seem have to have them on. I wear them either if it is a sunny day or not.

I just feel lost without them if I don't wear them. Even when I'm riding in a car with someone I wear them.

So who wears sunglasses while driving or just riding with someone else?

KYS
09-30-2004, 05:33 PM
Unless it is cloudy or dark I always wear my sunglasses
when driving. :)

Shelteez2
09-30-2004, 05:45 PM
If it's sunny or bright out and I have my contacts in then I wear my sunglasses. If it's sunny and bright out and I have my regular glasses on then I just have to squint and bear it since I don't have prescription sunglasses yet. :)

popcornbird
09-30-2004, 05:50 PM
I don't wear sunglasses when I'm driving, but I do keep them in the car in case I need them. The sun can get REALLY annoying when driving before sunset. It makes it hard to drive. I wear them if I'm driving at a time when the sun is coming in my eyes, but otherwise, I never wear sunglasses while driving.

BCBlondie
09-30-2004, 06:22 PM
If it's early in the morning, when the sun is setting, or when it's really bright out, I wear sunglasses.

prechrswife
09-30-2004, 09:30 PM
All the time. I have a pair in my car and one in my husband's truck. I even wear them when it's partly cloudy because of the glare.

lovemyshiba
09-30-2004, 09:34 PM
Yep, unless it's raining out:)

cocker_luva
09-30-2004, 09:34 PM
i sorta have sunglasses. they are like regular frames, they just have a darker tint fading from top to bottom. like a windshield on a car. they just help with the glare. :D

Joannie
09-30-2004, 09:35 PM
I wear them all the time when I'm driving, mine are perscription so sometimes when I am lazy I keep them on when I am in the store shopping. Joannie

Uabassoon
10-01-2004, 03:07 AM
I wish I did. I can't drive west in the late afternoon because the sun blinds me and I can't see very well. The problem is that I wear glasses and I don't have prescription sunglasses. Right now I'm saving up so that the next time I get an eye exam I can get a pair.

Joannie
10-01-2004, 07:09 AM
I got mine at Wal-Mart, when I got them you could get 2 for one, so my second pair was sunglasses, and at Wal-Mart the price was right. Joannie

Pam
10-01-2004, 07:14 AM
I always wear sunglasses when it is sunny outside. I keep them in my car because my pocketbook is not big enough to add one more thing. :rolleyes: There are medical reasons to consider wearing sunglasses as well. I work for an ophthalmologist and there is reason to believe that ultraviolet light can contribute to the forming of cataracts. Their progression can be slowed by wearing glasses that block UV light. Of course if we all live long enough we will develop cataracts but why hurry up the process. :)

Pam
10-01-2004, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
I wish I did. I can't drive west in the late afternoon because the sun blinds me and I can't see very well. The problem is that I wear glasses and I don't have prescription sunglasses. Right now I'm saving up so that the next time I get an eye exam I can get a pair.

You will probably laugh at this, but if you stop at your eye doctor's office and ask for a pair of the "drop-ins" that are routinely given out after a dilated exam they will gladly give them to you. They are little tinted shields that sit behind your regular glasses. Of course they are a little silly looking but it's better than not being able to see if you have to drive with the direct sun hitting you straight on. :)

catnapper
10-01-2004, 07:30 AM
Oh, just try to get me to drive without the sunglasses. I actually prefer my prescription sunglasses over my regular glasses. They are polarized, and something about them makes everything extra crisp and slear.

catnapper
10-01-2004, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
Could you get one of those clip ons? I bought a pair a few years ago that perfectly aligned with my regular glasses, and nobody knew they were clipons if I didn't tell them. They were cheap (relatively - less than $40. and so worth it.)

dukedogsmom
10-01-2004, 07:57 AM
I don't have any prescription sunglasses either. I envy those of you with no eyesight problems. Next year, going to try to get that Lasik done. Then I can buy lots of sunglasses. I love them.

Logan
10-01-2004, 08:15 AM
Always!!!!! :) As long as I can find them!!! :o

nibblets
10-01-2004, 08:38 AM
I have the magnetic clip-on shades for my glasses and I'd be lost without them. They came with my glasses and match the shape and size perfectly. They make driving so much more pleasant!:cool:

Tonya
10-01-2004, 09:23 AM
I always wear my sunglasses when I am outside. I'm blinded otherwise. Besides, that's how you get those squinty wrinkles from not wearing sunglasses.

Karen
10-01-2004, 09:52 AM
I wear them outside whenever it's sunny out, driving, riding, or just walking. As Pam said, there's no reason NOT to, it's better for your eyes, and no one wants cataract surgery before they HAVE to have it.

I have prescription sunglasses - I got them when some place was doing a 2-for-1 deal, as my lenses are expensive, but I love them.

Uabassoon
10-01-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
Could you get one of those clip ons? I bought a pair a few years ago that perfectly aligned with my regular glasses, and nobody knew they were clipons if I didn't tell them. They were cheap (relatively - less than $40. and so worth it.)

I've tried finding clip ons but the shape of my glasses is strange and they are also thick plastic so I haven't been able to find anything that even close enough.

Pam I might go and ask for a pair of those "drop ins" and just leave them in my car in case I ever need them. Right now I keep a really big pair of sunglasses in my car and if it's so sunny that I can't see I put them on over my glasses, but I really feel like a weirdo doing that!

BitsyNaceyDog
10-01-2004, 03:27 PM
I too always wear my sunglasses while outside. I would be lost without them. In fact today I was driving and didn't have them, I left them in Justin's truck by accident. I hated not having them, uh it was so annoying.

snappy
10-01-2004, 03:35 PM
I never used to wear them - but then I worked in an area that was below ground and never saw the sun during the day :(

After that - I became like a mole and MUST have them on to drive unless it is really stormy/cloudy out.

Besides - squinting is so bad for your face and causes lines around the eyes... ;)