PDA

View Full Version : stray kitties?

ashleycat
09-30-2004, 03:20 PM
there have been some kitten lookin kitties eating our trash.. lately i have been putting some food out.. and by morning its gone... i have seen atleast 2, but there could be more..what should i do? should i trap them and take their freedom away atleast they would be healthy, and ..,, or just keep feeding them?
they run everytime i walk outside..

are they stray or are they someones kitties?

jazzcat
09-30-2004, 03:24 PM
I'd say it's a good guess that they are strays and not someone's pet if they are eating out of your trash.

I think the best thing would be to trap them and take them to a no-kill shelter or get them in a rescue. I bet a rescue group could help you trap them.

There are several trapping experts on here who I sure can give you much better advice on how to do it.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-30-2004, 04:50 PM
I would say that if you can trap them - do it and if you can't keep them take them to a shelter. If they are kittens they can still be tamed and adopted.

Thanks for caring! :)

Palomino21
09-30-2004, 06:24 PM
In my state we have a few organizations, they feed the strays and get them spayed and neutered, and shots, then set them back. This helps with the population of cats as well as not taking their freedom. In some cases, they are given to foster care, and then adopted out.

My experience has been, I have fed the cats, then slowly gained their trust, and then they've become my loyal pets.

What I would do, is call around or search online for websites for organizations to help cats, or like a few posts have said, search for a no kill animal shelter.

Annie

catmandu
10-01-2004, 09:04 AM
Sadly,there are Strays,outside,The Found Cat Hotel,and when you feed them,you get the neighbors Cats,that are neglected,and then there are,at least 6 Cats,who come for EATS!