PDA

View Full Version : I'm happy!

davidpizzica
09-30-2004, 06:12 AM
Everyone! I am really happy! For the first time in over a year, I am walking without a limp! My knee is sitll stiff, but I don't walk like Igor in Frankenstein any more!!

Karen
09-30-2004, 07:36 AM
Congratulations! ;) Though remember that Frankenstein limp for Halloween!

Rachel
09-30-2004, 07:46 AM
David, I can't tell you how pleased I am that your surgery was successful. All that anxiety was worth it for the relief you are experiencing. You have a reason to be happy and we are happy for you. Hip, hip, hooray!

RobiLee
09-30-2004, 09:36 AM
:D I'm so happy for you, David! Yay!!! :D

Robin :)

dogs_4_me
09-30-2004, 09:36 AM
YAY! Thats great news:D

robinh
09-30-2004, 10:41 AM
That is so wonderful! Another success story.

Can't wait until Dick (SO) has it done. His knees are so bad.

smokey the elder
09-30-2004, 10:44 AM
Good for you!

davidpizzica
09-30-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by robinh
That is so wonderful! Another success story.

Can't wait until Dick (SO) has it done. His knees are so bad. Tell him it's worth it from a guy that has gone through it!

trayi52
09-30-2004, 12:01 PM
David, I am so happy to hear your surgery was such a success! Its wonderful to hear. How about the pain, are you feeling any now?

Willie:)

Logan
09-30-2004, 12:26 PM
Oh, David, what a great title, and how exciting for you!!! :) I'm so happy that you are getting better and better every day, and that you are HAPPY!!!!! :) I love happy people!!!!

Randi
09-30-2004, 12:33 PM
David, it was worth it wasn't it! :D I'm so glad your operation was a complete succes! :)

momoffuzzyfaces
09-30-2004, 12:49 PM
*SIGH* It must be WONDERFUL!
I'm so happy for you!:D

lynnestankard
09-30-2004, 01:51 PM
The news we've been waiting for David. Shame Igor is relegated to under the stairs!!! :D :D

Lynne

davidpizzica
09-30-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
*SIGH* It must be WONDERFUL!
I'm so happy for you!:D Connie, I am SO glad that I don't walk like Igor in Frankenstein anymore! I still have some stiffness and still hang onto the cane, but it's getting more normal every day!

davidpizzica
09-30-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
The news we've been waiting for David. Shame Igor is relegated to under the stairs!!! :D :D

Lynne Lynne, He's only coming out on halloween!! My goal is to bowl again.

Corinna
09-30-2004, 11:34 PM
Hey great are we going to have a dance at dicks next thursday?

slick
10-01-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Corinna
Hey great are we going to have a dance at dicks next thursday?
Well Corinna, I'm #4 on his dance card so you can have slot #1, #2, or #3 if it's not filled.. :D :D

I'm so happy for you David. :) :)

KYS
10-01-2004, 02:19 AM
Congratulations, I am glad your surgery
was a sucess.

[

DJFyrewolf36
10-01-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by david p
Lynne, He's only coming out on halloween!! My goal is to bowl again.

Yay! Too bad you don't live out here, we need a fourth bowler lol!

ramanth
10-01-2004, 11:00 AM
Great news! :)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-01-2004, 11:58 AM
Connie, I am SO glad that I don't walk like Igor in Frankenstein anymore! I still have some stiffness and still hang onto the cane, but it's getting more normal every day! I bet you'll be back at the lanes in no time!

I see the girls are lining up to fill your Thursdays dance card up. Rest UP!!!! Oh, and put me down for a dance too!:D

davidpizzica
10-01-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
Yay! Too bad you don't live out here, we need a fourth bowler lol! DJF, it is SO GREAT not to be walking like Igor in Frankenstein! Even at therapy, one of the therapists said "You are walking around like you didn't have a new knee!" BTW, starting in november, I can start BOWLING AGAIN! Yes, it sort of a long commute just to bowl. I would like to see Nevada someday though.

davidpizzica
10-01-2004, 02:56 PM
I bet you'll be back at the lanes in no time!

I see the girls are lining up to fill your Thursdays dance card up. Rest UP!!!! Oh, and put me down for a dance too!:D Connie, you're right! I better rest up for next thursday! I'll be danced out dancing with all of you lovely ladies!

DJFyrewolf36
10-01-2004, 03:12 PM
DJF, it is SO GREAT not to be walking like Igor in Frankenstein! Even at therapy, one of the therapists said "You are walking around like you didn't have a new knee!" BTW, starting in november, I can start BOWLING AGAIN! Yes, it sort of a long commute just to bowl. I would like to see Nevada someday though.

It IS a pretty place I'll give you that...the people are kind of rude though (some of em, just need to know the places to avoid lol)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-01-2004, 03:13 PM
Connie, you're right! I better rest up for next thursday! I'll be danced out dancing with all of you lovely ladies!
Believe it or not, when I was a young pup, I could dance like Ginger. I taught myself how to dance watching the old Fred and Ginger movies. Now I tend to stay in one place and just move my feet ! It's easier on my old arthritic bod! :D

I'm sure the others will give you quite a workout though!:D

slick
10-01-2004, 03:48 PM
Well, I'm starting to get geared up for Halloween so I think we should all learn how to do the Monster Mash! :D :eek:

DJFyrewolf36
10-01-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by slick
Well, I'm starting to get geared up for Halloween so I think we should all learn how to do the Monster Mash! :D :eek:

Im a fan of the Time Warp myself :D

davidpizzica
10-01-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
Im a fan of the Time Warp myself :D I love the time warp! Makes me want to dig out the Rocky Horror Picture Show tape. Problem is, I couldn't do the time warp even if I had two good knees!!

Corinna
10-01-2004, 07:51 PM
My hubby says I look more like the funky chicken . I don't care I love to dance he doesn't so gear up buddy there is going to be some serius dancing to happen Thursday.:)

davidpizzica
10-01-2004, 11:31 PM
Corinna, are you going to road test my new knee? Give it all you got!

Corinna
10-01-2004, 11:42 PM
David I promise to be gentle. :D :D :D

davidpizzica
10-01-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
David I promise to be gentle. :D :D :D It's a deal!!:D :D

carole
10-01-2004, 11:54 PM
Great News David, keep up the good work and pat yourself on the back mate, you did your therapy and now you are reaping the rewards.:)

davidpizzica
10-02-2004, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by carole
Great News David, keep up the good work and pat yourself on the back mate, you did your therapy and now you are reaping the rewards.:) Carole, I'm not quite pain free yet, But at least I can walk somewhat normally, something I haven't done in over a year!! MY IT FEELS GOOD!!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-02-2004, 12:44 PM
Corinna, are you going to road test my new knee? Give it all you got! Yep, work all the bugs out while it's still under warrenty!:D

davidpizzica
10-02-2004, 04:13 PM
Yep, work all the bugs out while it's still under warrenty!:D Connie, maybe I should have asked for parts and labor!!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-02-2004, 05:02 PM
Connie, maybe I should have asked for parts and labor!! :D
Do you have to have a 3,000 mile check up?

davidpizzica
10-02-2004, 05:06 PM
:D
Do you have to have a 3,000 mile check up? No, but I might need the oil changed about then!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-02-2004, 05:11 PM
No, but I might need the oil changed about then!
LOL!
Don't forget to send in the little card for the warrenty if you got one. I always forget so half my electronics (which are all old now anyway) were never covered.

They should cover the cost for maintenance for a year or two, I would think; including oil changes!:D

davidpizzica
10-02-2004, 05:17 PM
LOL!
Don't forget to send in the little card for the warrenty if you got one. I always forget so half my electronics (which are all old now anyway) were never covered.

They should cover the cost for maintenance for a year or two, I would think; including oil changes!:D Jeesh! I forgot to ask the doctor for one! Are your electronics old in you or your car?

momoffuzzyfaces
10-02-2004, 05:51 PM
Jeesh! I forgot to ask the doctor for one! Are your electronics old in you or your car? :D I have none in me and the only electonics in my car is the radio! Well, power windows but they came with the car. I meant the ones in the house: the vacuum cleaner, the stereo (which has a *gasp* turn table not a cd player), my tv and yes, vcr not dvd player; that sort of thing. I guess my electronics and I are all old!;) :D

Corinna
10-02-2004, 06:01 PM
Thats funny I was clenng up today and found my Beta player warrenty.(yes I still use it we are putting them on to dvd before I have to have it rebuilt again$400.00)