PDA

View Full Version : For those who wear makeup...

carole
09-29-2004, 11:37 PM
Just wanted to tell my fellow make-up wearers about my new find, a new product here, but may have been around in the US for a while now, but if you are on the lookout for a new foundation, then stop and buy MAX FACTORS colour adapt, it is simply brilliant, it feels wonderful to wear , so light, makes your skin feel smooth and look great.

I have a pale complexion and it has been hard to match one with my fair skin, some are too white, some too dark, the creamy ivory is perfect for my skin tone, and at first it looks rather white and ghostly, but it does what it says, it changes , it really does give my old lifeless skin a glow and a porcelain look, I am quite excited about finding this product so good, it is also five dollars cheaper than my usual Revlon age defying product., so at $36.95 a bottle that good value for money.

Ten out of Ten Max factor, your advert influenced my buy, and you did not lie, it does indeed to the trick., and I feel at least five years younger lol.;)P.S it also gives good coverage, hiding flaws and my sprinkle of freckles.;)

kimlovescats
09-29-2004, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the info ... always looking for the perfect make=up to hide my awful complexion!!!;)

shais_mom
09-29-2004, 11:45 PM
Thanks Carole! I may have to look for that!

Samantha Puppy
09-30-2004, 08:57 AM
$36.95 a bottle? :eek: :eek: :eek:

lizzielou742
09-30-2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
$36.95 a bottle? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ditto!:eek:

shais_mom
09-30-2004, 03:31 PM
I may be way off on this but Carole is from New Zealand and is it possible that it is their price? Not sure if there is an exchange rate or what? I just assumed that it was $36.95 New Zealand rate?
I bought a bottle at Walmart today and it was around $10.50 or so.

lizzielou742
09-30-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by shais_mom
I may be way off on this but Carole is from New Zealand and is it possible that it is their price? Not sure if there is an exchange rate or what? I just assumed that it was $36.95 New Zealand rate?
I bought a bottle at Walmart today and it was around $10.50 or so.

Oh yeah *duh* :D :D

Samantha Puppy
09-30-2004, 05:03 PM
Even so... being American, seeing $36.95 on a bottle of make-up would make me pass out right then and there.

Just did a currency converter... at the current exchange rate, $36.95 New Zealand dollars equals $24.74 US dollars. That's still a big ol' OUCH in my book!

I maintain my previous :eek:! ;)

Miss Meow
09-30-2004, 07:00 PM
You would have a fit if you saw how much makeup costs in this part of the world.

It's cheaper for me to buy US brands via a little service called Shop the States and have them mail it to me. I wish Sephora mailed direct to Australia - that is my dream :D

carole
09-30-2004, 07:48 PM
Yes guys that is NZ Dollars, so are you saying that is expensive? jeepers and I thought that was quite reasonable, there are cheaper brands out there, but I stand by getting a decent foundation, especially as I am in the mature age group, my revlon was costing me 40 to 45 NZ dollars, now that is a tad too expensive, I hope some of you try this foundation, Kim you will be amazed, it is worth every single cent.cheers.

P.s Staci do you like the product?

micki76
09-30-2004, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the tip, Carole. I'm going to buy some this weekend and see if it will work for me. I'm sickly pale, but I have freckles and a ruddy complexion. :mad: Needless to say, I have a hard time finding the correct foundation. I've yet to find one that looks normal on me.

shais_mom
10-01-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by carole

P.s Staci do you like the product?

I really like it - it goes on very smooth. :)
Like I said it was a little over $10.00 here. :) so reasonable to me compared to my Clinique

carole
10-01-2004, 11:49 PM
Yes Staci that is what I found too, it goes on so smoothly compared with others and it is light and not thick, it covers better than my revlon did, I have broken veins on my chin, and some adult acne scars and it covers those pretty good in comparison to my other foundations, at the start the creamy ivory is very pale on me and looks ghostly, but it changes and blends in with my skin tone so well, I JUST LOVE IT!!!

lizzielou742
10-02-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
I wish Sephora mailed direct to Australia - that is my dream :D

I LOVE Sephora! Too bad they don't mail there... :(

micki76
10-04-2004, 08:15 PM
Carole, if you can wear the creamy ivory, you're not pale! I'm pale; even that shade is too dark on me! :o

carole
10-05-2004, 06:31 PM
WOW really, that shade is too pale for you, geez then you are a paleface for sure, I guess a better way of putting my skin tone, is fair then., I am pale in comparison to many people, but Micki you beat me hands down.:) Gosh you will have trouble getting one then, perhaps the REVLON Ivory would suit you, that is paler than the max factor one, I used to wear it, but it is too pale for me now. Good luck hope you find one soon.
You must be of Irish or Scottish decent? are you?

micki76
10-06-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by carole
You must be of Irish or Scottish decent? are you?

Irish on both sides. My great grandmother was Native American, but I got nothing from her. My Dad did though, and had a Native nose and a very red complexion. I do have some of that red complexion, in that I don't really tan, but rather I look sunburned all the time if I get any sun.

carole
10-06-2004, 04:14 PM
Don't worry Micki I don't really tan either, if I do get some , it ends up in freckles, funny thing is the skin on my legs never gets freckles, I am proud not to bear a tan, even though at times I wish I had one, I would rather be white and cancer free, I am too high a risk, as you would be too, I also don't fancy getting any more wrinkles than I already have, I have noticed the skin that is exposed to the sun, e.g my hands, are very old looking for my age, so that tells me something, KEEP OUT of the sun, or my face would be looking the same LOL, some of us were mean't to be tanned , some of us weren't either way, be proud of what you have got.;)