PDA

View Full Version : Hi! I'm new here!

lady_zana
09-29-2004, 05:45 PM
I posted in Cat Rescus because my sister just took in a new kitten but I want to meet new people and tell everyone about our fur-babies so I'll copy and paste my post here. If you read it in the other forum, let me say sorry for the repeat! Thanks, Zana

I have a long haired orange beauty named Weezie and a large-butted diluted tortie named Grey Girl. Grey Girl loves to kneed me and suck on my blankets. Weezie loves to talk! If you pet her all the way down her spine, she'll howl and it sounds like she's saying "Noooo!" I love to pet her and ask, "Weezie, are you pretty?" so she'll go, "Nooo!" I hope to have some pictures of them up soon. Weezie was adopted as kitten from a "Free Kittens" announcement and Grey Girl was adopted from a shelter when she was about 1 or 1 1/2 years old.

My sister just took in a new kitten, Oliver, the point of this post! I haven't gotten to see him yet but I hope to this weekend. She said he is solid black except for a spot of white on his belly.

She also has:
Precious - a torbie Julia (my sister) adopted from a shelter wheshe was a kitten.
Little Sam - a beautiful calico with special needs. Little Sam is a little slow but that doesn't mean she can't give all the love she needs! She was adopted from the shelter when she was about three or four months old.
Shadow - Shadow is Julia's big boy. He is a huge cat, solid black. He was adopted when he was eight years old and he's about ten now. He was free from the shelter because he had already been declawed and netured. The family that adopted him had to take him back because he was so large, he scared their children. It's hard to imagine, though, this big sweetie scaring anyone. He's a gentle soul. (He's the only cat of our that is declawed; we don't really believe in it.)
Mudpie - He was stray that Julie took in. He's white with black spots. He's probably three years old or so. It didn't take him long to learn laps are warm! We're saving to get him netured but don't worry! - we keep him up and know let any little 'Mudpies' be formed in the meantime.
Muffin - Muffin is a stray that Mudpie brought to Julia's house. Muffin and Mudpie love each other! They are married. They share food and snugged each other at night. She is a tortie and very tiny. Sometimes Mudpie and Muffin will groom each other.
Oliver - the new boy! Can't say much about him because I've not seen him yet!

lady_zana
09-29-2004, 05:46 PM
I'm trying to post some pictures of my cats. Hang on and I'll see if I can't get this right.

This is Eepie. You may have seen her picture on the other forum.

lady_zana
09-29-2004, 05:48 PM
My mum has four cats and all four are torties! Two were strays she took in, one was saved from a shelter and one was adopted from a pet shop. They're names are Pittypat, Smokey (she's a diluted tortie), Tippy, and Scarlett.

This is a picture of PittyPat.

lady_zana
09-29-2004, 05:49 PM
And this is a picture of Shadow, my sister's black cat. I always tell people, he's not a large cat, he's a small panther!

I'll show pictures of the rest of the fur-babies when I get them!

ActionCat007
09-29-2004, 05:52 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk lady_zana, Weezie,Grey Girl and Eepie!:)

lady_zana
09-29-2004, 05:57 PM
I forgot to metion Eepie, my calico! I posted a picture of her but forgot to mention her. No cat kisses for me tonight, I guess.

Anyway, Eepie is my calico who I think might actually be a cow in cat's clothing. She loves to lay completely still and when I look at her and say, "Eeeepieeee," one little ear will turn to the sound and that's all. She's a crazy silly girl.

catnapper
09-29-2004, 06:10 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! I see you have an oranige girl... they are very special indeed! :)

I have two cats, named Pouncer and Allen, as seen in my signature below. I also currently have two foster kittens (one more coming in a few days... who will hopefully become afulltime member of my kitty family) and a large dog named Nicki who is not happy about all the felines runnign the house.

Tina
09-29-2004, 06:21 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk!:D

NoahsMommy
09-29-2004, 08:13 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! :)

All the kitties in your family sound and look really cute. Its nice to meet you all.

We have 8 cats of our own and are fostering another. We also are "owned" by two birds and two fish. You can see them all in my signature. :)

catlady1945
09-29-2004, 08:48 PM
Pretty cats! Eepie looks like my Ginger.

Uabassoon
09-29-2004, 08:53 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! All of your cats are beautiful! I look forward to seeing more picture and hearing more about them.

I am owned by two cats. Corkscrew is a three year old orange tabby, I got him from someone I knew that no longer wanted him. Tibby is a two year old siamese mix, she is the sweetest and most relaxed cat ever. I got her from a shelter.

jazzcat
09-29-2004, 09:20 PM
Welcome to PT!!! Sounds like your family really love kitties. The ones in the pictures are very pretty.

I have three cats and a dog as you can see in my signature below.

I look forward to hearing and seeing more of your furkids.

leslie
09-29-2004, 10:07 PM
Welcome to pet talk! this is a great place to share stories, antics, ask for advice, give your experienced advice, etc! We welcome you! I'd show you pics of my nine but I don't have a digital camera! They are: (in top cat order) Tuva, Shy, Scamp, Cookie, Pixie, Dorian, Mose, Cricket, Dandilion! (And then me I guess!)

trayi52
09-29-2004, 10:20 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! I am owned by two cats, Stubby a black bobtail, and Grover, a tortie bobtail.

Your cats are just beautiful!

Willie:)

Tonya
09-29-2004, 10:27 PM
Hello, Zana! Welcome to pettalk. It sounds like you have a lovely family! I'm Tonya, my pets are in my sig. :)

kimlovescats
09-29-2004, 10:34 PM
Welcome to PT! Your kitties are very pretty, and I loved all of the wonderful stories of yours and your family's pets! I hope to hear more in the near future, and of course, see lots of pics!;)

catmandu
09-30-2004, 08:51 AM
My Companions and I would like,to welcome You,to Pet Talk,with a Mighty Found Cat MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW,an d You do have Cosmic Cats!