PDA

View Full Version : Another question about eyes.

catnapper
09-29-2004, 05:17 PM
First off, I'm havng a VERY hard time reading, so typos will be everywhere. I'm sorry for this.

I've been having vision problems (nighttime and long distance, not reading) and have had a battery of tests with my doctor ot determine if there's anything healthwise causing my vision problems. The good news is that I'm in perfect health (outside a slightly elevated cholseterol level) The bad news is I still have no reason why my vision keeps changing every two or threemonths on me. So today I mysnd myself at the Optometrist gfetting a FOUR hour series of tests done.

They still didn;t see anything, so tomorrow I'm returning for another tests. Anyhoooo... my question is simple: how long do the dialating drops last? I had them put in around 11:00 and still now at 6:15 my eyes are fully dialated. I slpet all afternoon (why not because I couldn't see anything anyway) and when I woke up, I expected to be normal again.

Thanks!

jenluckenbach
09-29-2004, 05:30 PM
I have never timed it, but for me it seems to take forever for my eyes to get back to normal.

I hope you get an answer SOON !

jazzcat
09-29-2004, 05:42 PM
I took my dad to in for pre-surgery tests for cataract surgery last week and they dilated his eyes around 4 pm and he wasn't back to normal until he woke up the next day. Probably going to be an overnight thing for you.

Hope they can figure out what is going on with your eyes. A friend of mine is an optometrist who specializes in low vision. Next time we go to dinner with him and his wife I'll quiz him about it.