PDA

View Full Version : Going to the Dentist tomorrow....eek..

carole
09-29-2004, 04:32 PM
Yes I am looking for empathy,sympathy, I HATE the dentist, I am such a big baby when it comes to getting anything done there, its not a big deal really, just a filling that fell out, well only part of it, I was hoping to have the new painless dentistry water laser treatment, but she tells me it cannot be done on the old amalg. fillings, only after its removed, I don't mind injections in my arm , but my mouth I REALLY DO!!! I always feel so yuck afterwards.

I am still recovering from Bronchitis, and I am not looking forward to it, hope I don't have one of my coughing fits lol, I will have to warn her., please keep fingers crossed its not as bad as I think.:)

joanofark
09-29-2004, 04:36 PM
I hate the dentist too. Ever since the put a spacer bar in my mouth and nearly choked me! :eek:
I'm going to the dentist not tomarow but the next day!
*Crosses fingers for you*:)

chrissycat21
09-29-2004, 04:39 PM
Oh good luck! I hate all doctors, the dentist, orthodontist. Never liked any of them! I hate getting my teeth cleaned! (Think of what I'd be like if I needed a filling or something!)

Good luck!

carole
09-29-2004, 11:08 PM
Yes well I had my teeth cleaned a few months ago there, and to be honest it was uncomfortable, so I am not looking forward to any procedure being done, when I had the fillings done which was over 15 yrs ago, I had intravenous sedation, which was brilliant, I had quite a few done at once, no pain whatso-ever but I can hardly get that for one little filling, well I hope its only little, Good luck to you to Joanofark, fingers crossed for you too.

captain
09-30-2004, 12:09 AM
You have emphathy, sympathy .......... a whole lot of it!!

I HATE the dentist, so much so that I get knocked out when I go, so he can do everything without me knowing :rolleyes:

davidpizzica
09-30-2004, 05:30 AM
Carole, welcome to the big baby club!! I'm a charter member. I never like to go to the dentist unless it's an emergency. So, Carole good luck and I hope it won't be too bad.

davidpizzica
09-30-2004, 05:56 AM
First of all, Carole you have my sympathy! Second, a new wrinkle has been added to when I have to go to the dentist Because of my new knee, I have to take antiboitics befoe I would go. To prevent infection.

ramanth
09-30-2004, 08:46 AM
All will be okay! I was just at the dentist this past Tuesday. The last time I'd seen the dentist was in 1999!!! :eek: :o

Miraculously, I have no cavities. :D :cool:

*HUGS*

RobiLee
09-30-2004, 09:30 AM
{{Hugs}} for you Carole. Its going to be alright.

Robin :)

lizzielou742
09-30-2004, 09:57 AM
Aw, that sucks! :( I haven't ever had a filling or anything, but I can imagine it would not be fun. I get anxious about stuff like that too. I had all my wisdom teeth out two years ago, and I made them put me completely under for it. In fact, I was so nervous, they even prescribed me a Xanax to take beforehand for anxiety. :eek: :D It was awesome! By the time I got there I was higher than a kite. :D Last thing I remember was checking in at the front desk. I woke up at home, in bed (thanks Mom!!). :D

Tonya
09-30-2004, 10:12 AM
I didn't get my first cavity until I was 25. For years and years, I'd think "What wimps! How can they hate the dentist...it's no big deal!" Well, 3 cavities later, I freakin' hate the dentist too!!!! Now I see why you all complained for so many years. This last time I went, I made the decision that I would never go there "sober" again. lol. I'm going to ask the doctor to prescribe me Xanics next time I go. I don't envy you! I am soooo sorry!

carole
09-30-2004, 08:08 PM
Thanks all, yes they rang me today to remind me of my appointment, as if I could forget!!!!
I am glad there are some other members of the BIG BABY CLUB here too, makes me feel not so silly.
I am hoping its no big deal, its not a big part of the filling that has fallen out, but you never know with dentists, probably decide to take the whole lot out and replace it, it kinda fills almost the whole tooth, so that concerns me just a tad

Take note all you lucky people with no fillings, I needed treatment to my teeth, but could not afford it at the time, and not long after was pregnant with my first child, you guessed it, after that I lost some of my teeth, luckily where no one can see and needed extensive treatment, i then had them all fixed all at once under the intravenous sedation , as I mentioned before , so it was a piece of cake, and nothing to be scared of, I also had an oral surgeon fix the rest.

I really take care of my teeth, but wear and tear is inevitable, actually I blame the darn dentist a bit, she told me to start flossing, so I did and it kept getting caught in this particular tooth, and I believe it has slowly but surely dislodged that part of the filling.

I shall probably have nightmares tonight about going, I am still scared.:eek:

carole
10-02-2004, 12:34 AM
Well its all over now PHEW, cannot say it was pleasant, but not too bad, the injection was a piece of cake, (the bit i was most scared about) found out my tooth had some decay in it, that was a shock and really fustrates me, as I take such good care of my teeth, I now have that awful amalg. filling out, if only I could afford to get the rest taken out.
The worst part of the ordeal was when I went I had a really sore back, and when they put me in the chair i was at an awkward angle, your head is so far down, it put so much strain on my already painful back, that after 15 mins I was in agony, I had to tell her to sit me up and burst into tears as the pain was by now excruiciating, once I sat up it was not near as bad, I had not taken pain relief beforehand as I was not sure what she would be using on me,and I could not take my vioxx anymore.

All in all it wasn't too bad, but not one I care to repeat in a hurry, not to mention the 236 dollar bill as well, she put a cavity pulp on it, which was 99 dollars but said that i should have no pain afterwards, so far so good.

Did you know in NZ that they still fill childrens teeth with Amalgamen, this is disgusting, but our government will only fund for that as it is cheaper, I am going to see my local MP about this, and see if I can get a petition started to change this, I told my daughter if you visit the school therapist and ever need a filling , tell her your mother said NO, I will take her at my own expense to our dentist and have a white filling done, she is never having that poison in her body, so far she has no fillings,fingers crossed.

Tonya
10-02-2004, 12:38 AM
I am glad that you survived the dentist! :D

carole
10-02-2004, 04:29 AM
Yep Tonya even a member of the BIG BABY CLUB can do it.lol:D

Uabassoon
10-02-2004, 04:41 AM
What is Amalgamen? I looked it up online and all I found was a bunch of websites in some language that I don't understand!

Uabassoon
10-02-2004, 04:43 AM
Nevermind I figured it out the spelling is amalgam. I had no idea it had mercury, I wonder if I have any of those fillings. Did they ever use them in the US?

carole
10-02-2004, 04:54 AM
oops maybe I got the spelling wrong, we do spell things differently here, but I must admit I was not sure on it, yes it is mercury, I would imagine it was used in US too, when I was a child, the dental nurses had a quota to fill and can you believe this they drilled our teeth and filled them with mercury when they did not even need it, and this is a fact, we should be suing them for this,for all I know my health problems could be down to this, alot of people have had their mercury fillings removed and have had improved health since, its just a poison.

P.S if your'e fillings a black I would imagine they are amalgam.