PDA

View Full Version : California Bound

Edwina's Secretary
09-29-2004, 01:09 PM
The day has arrived. My DSL service has been turned off...:( and the movers are busily packing up my house.

We will leave when they are done....Friday afternoon we hope. Then we will head out....Edwina, Eddie, and the Harley with us.

I will try and get photos of the E's in route. Should be interesting. I have managed to get some Valium in Eddie and he is sleeping blissfully. Edwina has figured out all my tricks and refused turkey and Catsip -- laced with valium....:rolleyes: so she is being a pain.

I'll pop by when I can and plan on being back up by the end of next week.

"I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep...and miles to go before I sleep." Robert Frost.

Logan
09-29-2004, 01:11 PM
Good luck and best wishes, Sara. I had no idea you were leaving so soon!!! Can't wait to hear from you, Don and the E's when you are safely in California (can't pronounce it the way that Ah-nold does). :)

Safe traveling!

Logan

popcornbird
09-29-2004, 01:15 PM
Have a safe journey Sara, and let us know when you arrive!!! Hope Edwina and Eddie enjoy the long drive through the country. ;)

ramanth
09-29-2004, 01:17 PM
Have a safe trip Sara! Hugs to you and the E's. :)

I'd be lying if I said you won't be missed out here in the Midwest. :(

gini
09-29-2004, 01:33 PM
Sara, I hope you, Don and the E's have a very safe - pleasant and uneventful trip to California!

It is a beautiful fall day here and the leaves on my maple tree are starting to drop ever so slowly.

Poor Edwina, she has always been a tad too smart for her own good!

Tell her she gets a whole new California wardrobe when she arrives, IF she behaves on the way out.

BCBlondie
09-29-2004, 01:53 PM
Where in Calee-FOH-nee-ya are you moving to? :D

Have a safe trip!! :) Good luck!

lovemyshiba
09-29-2004, 02:11 PM
Have a safe trip!!!
:)

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-29-2004, 02:19 PM
Have a safe Trip Sara.

Killearn Kitties
09-29-2004, 02:30 PM
Fingers crossed that everythings goes well on that long trip west. I'll be thinking of you all. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
09-29-2004, 02:32 PM
Safe trip to you all! Keep Eddie's harness on TIGHT during potty stops! I don't envy you the trip with those two! :D

Cinder & Smoke
09-29-2004, 02:36 PM
:cool:

Bye-Bye Chicago... :(

:)
HELL-Ooooo, Cal-ee-forn-ya!! :D

**SAFE** Trip to y'all!!

HAPPIE Trails & Tails to the E's!!

Hope yur *STUFF* finds it's way to the New Howze
about the same time YOU Guys get there! :p

{{{HUGS}}}

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-29-2004, 02:54 PM
:(

Hope you have a safe trip and the E's behave themselves.

Bye Eddie. :(

Bye Edwina. :(

Bye Sara and Don. :( :(

smokey the elder
09-29-2004, 02:55 PM
Have a safe trip. E's you behave yourselves!

slick
09-29-2004, 02:55 PM
Sara, I'm praying the the move goes smoothly and you have a safe trip. Enjoy the beautiful LA weather and see you next July.

Felicia's Mom
09-29-2004, 03:05 PM
Have a safe trip, all of you!:D

Randi
09-29-2004, 03:11 PM
Oh Sara, it's time to go - I know you'll miss Chigaco, but I also know the sun will be shining for you in LA. :D

I wish you, Don, Edwina and Eddie a safe and pleasant trip - and as Gini says .... uneventful. ;) I hope you get to relax in nice places on your way, and that the E's will handle the trip well. Give them kisses from us.

Hugs and happy vibes for your big move! :)

love,
Fister, John and Randi

lizbud
09-29-2004, 03:29 PM
Hey, best of luck with the move. Hope all goes well. Pictures
of the fabulous E's "on the road" would be great.:D :D

catland
09-29-2004, 03:38 PM
gosh - I knew you liked the BBQ - I didn't know you liked it enough to move out there:eek: .

take care and we'll talk again once you're a member of our timezone.:D

RICHARD
09-29-2004, 04:01 PM
California
by Wave

On a lonely day I look out on the freeway
I can fantasize 'bout the car I drive
Don't need the light on I can find my way
It's been so long now I have to say

I'm going to California
I'm gonna live the life
Sipping on tequilla
Night after night
Dreaming of the moment
When everything is right
A little bit of love goes a long way tonight

I'm on my way (I'm on my way)
Heading for the sun
That's where I'll stay (That's where I'll stay)
I'm never going back home
Do you ever feel like you need a change?
Hang out where no one knows your name

I'm going to California
I'm gonna live the life
Sipping on tequilla
Night after night
Dreaming of the moment
When everything looks right

Would you like to meet me there?
We'll be dancing on the sand
These days will never end
No they will go on and on and on

On a lonely day I look out on the freeway
I can fantasize about the car I drive
Don't need the light on I can find my way

I'm going to California
I'm gonna live the life
Sipping on tequilla
Night after night
Dreaming of the moment

I'm going to California
I'm gonna live the life
Sipping on tequilla
Night after night
Dreaming of the moment

A little bit of love, A little bit of love
Oh yeah on my way

Edwina's Secretary
09-29-2004, 04:27 PM
gosh - I knew you liked the BBQ - I didn't know you liked it enough to move out there

LOL! We were there on a househunting trip the weekend of the BBQ!

My husband has been living there since May. So it is time I go too.

We will be living in Southern California.... about half way between LA and San Diego.

Now Edwina has settled down for a nap...and Eddie is up and about! Will the whole time be like this....:eek: :eek:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-29-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Now Edwina has settled down for a nap...and Eddie is up and about! Will the whole time be like this....:eek: :eek:

Hopefully! Better than having them both up and about at the same time. ;)

chrissycat21
09-29-2004, 04:37 PM
Good luck with the moving!

Lucky you, get to move from Chicago to California! My mom wants to move there, so do I, but it would be too far from the rest of her family (pretty much all of us live in Chicago. I have to wonder why, IT IS SO COLD!)

Enjoy the warm weather, and where your headed is beautiful! (Went on vacation around there, drove to San Diego and LA a lot)

Will you miss the snow at all? lol

Miss Meow
09-29-2004, 04:42 PM
Safe trip to you all :)

What, Edwina being a pain - NEVER!

Can't wait to hear that you've arrived safely and are all settled in.

gini
09-29-2004, 04:50 PM
Sara, did you know that it is quite possible (however, a little crazy) that you could have breakfast on the beach and go for a little swim. Then you could change your clothing, jump in the car, go skiing in the afternoon.

After that, you could change clothing again and say go to the desert for a nice relaxing dinner.......and still have time to drive home well before midnight. You would have to change clothing, because you would look silly in your ski clothes when the temperature outside could be close to 100 degrees.

California has it all...............(and some of it we would love to give away!)

jazzcat
09-29-2004, 05:04 PM
I hope you have a very safe move/trip. I look forward to hearing all bout the E's adventure to CA.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-29-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by chrissycat21
Will you miss the snow at all? lol

I don't know when Sara will be able to get back on, so I'll take the liberty of answering for her....

Yes, she's going to miss the snow terribly! If she would have her druthers, she'd druther stay here.;) She loves Chicago and all it has to offer, including the weather. The good news is she has decided to give California a try. May turn out she loves it out there and gets her snow fix in the mountains like Gini says, or she might be back in a few years. ;) Either way I know it will be an adventure and she'll do just fine. I think once it really hits home that she can sit in the back yard, with the E's on their harnesses, sipping a glass of local wine, reading a good book....in the middle of January, she may just change her mind about it all. ;)

BCBlondie
09-29-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
We will be living in Southern California.... about half way between LA and San Diego.
I was just down there (in Temecula, which is also about half way between LA and SD) for my birthday!! :D

slick
09-29-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by gini
You would have to change clothing, because you would look silly in your ski clothes when the temperature outside could be close to 100 degrees.
From my experience, LA doesn't care what you wear......or how silly you look ;) :D

BCBlondie
09-29-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by slick
From my experience, LA doesn't care what you wear......or how silly you look ;) :D
I don't think anyone in California cares. Wait till you visit Berkeley or SF! :eek: Once I saw a guy in SF walking around in a pink tutu :eek: LOL!!
My city is also a little crazy. There's a reason Berkeley is known as Bezerkly! ;) :p

Karen
09-29-2004, 05:30 PM
Label everything - we ate off "clear cutlery" for 3 months after our last move because I was SO sure I knew which box I had put the silverware in ... So will you be near Escondido? The San Diego Wild Animal Park? Anyway, the weather is theoretically always lovely, and the California coastline is lovely to drive down - not at all built up (and then over) like East Coast coastlines!

popcornbird
09-29-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by gini
Sara, did you know that it is quite possible (however, a little crazy) that you could have breakfast on the beach and go for a little swim. Then you could change your clothing, jump in the car, go skiing in the afternoon.

After that, you could change clothing again and say go to the desert for a nice relaxing dinner.......and still have time to drive home well before midnight. You would have to change clothing, because you would look silly in your ski clothes when the temperature outside could be close to 100 degrees.

California has it all...............(and some of it we would love to give away!)

That is so true Gini. :p We have forests and deserts, beaches and rivers, mountains and snow, warm areas and cold areas, and the world's most perfect weather year-round, through most of the state. We also have LOTS of PT'ers, and quite a few earthquakes too. ;) I'm sure Sara will come to love California...at least I hope she will.

lizzielou742
09-29-2004, 06:55 PM
Be careful on your trip! :D Have fun! :)

NoahsMommy
09-29-2004, 07:53 PM
Sara,

I know how hard this move is for you. Not just the hassle of it all, but I know you really loved where you are until Friday.

I hope CA wears on you soon enough. There are lots and lots of different areas, and the people are different too. We seem to have both ends of the spectrum in relation to everything.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I hope you'll find your happiness here too.

Safe journey!

Love,
Kelly and the furkids

Barbara
09-30-2004, 04:23 AM
Oh Sara, now you go adding another 5 hours to our time difference. From my point of view you are definitely moving in the wrong direction:(

Wish you a safe and -yes- uneventful trip.

{{{{Hugs}}}} and scritchies to the Es:)

Lillycat
09-30-2004, 06:47 PM
bye sara, bye don, bye e"s..........have a safe and fun trip.....sara, i really feel you will have a ball......really ....and love it in cali.......i would love the experience and i feel you will too. hope to hear from you soon......lilly