PDA

View Full Version : Mishka and his little brother!!!

aguu
09-29-2004, 12:29 PM
I am back from my mini-holidays with an uppy-date for you guys….
I picked up little Bean (that’s what I have been calling him because he is so small and also he looks like he’s wearing a little beanie on his head) on Friday evening and brought him home. What a sweet laid back character this one is!! He just hung out in his cage without a peep!
So I brought him in and put him on the floor in his cage.
Mishka inched slowly toward the cage to check it out. It was the funniest thing to watch!!
Little Bean did not look in the least stressed or concerned. In fact I think he was totally ignoring Mishka. After about an hour of just letting them sniff each other through the cage things looked not nearly as bad as I expected!! Not one hiss or spit!!
I had the bathroom all set up for Beanie. But I decided to open the cage and see what happens. Little Bean walked right out and started exploring. This little guy is full of confidence – not an ounce of fear!! Mishka watched stooped from behind the corner…
Every time Bean walked by Mishka – Mishka let out a big hiss – Bean COMPLETELY ignored him – like he wasn’t even there (of course I was watching like a hawk).
Then Mr. Bean promptly climbed up the cat tree and took Mishka spot at the top, curled up and went to sleep.
Mishka could not believe this!! He just sat there and stared up. Then he came over to me and cuddled up with me….
SO , to shorten this story little Bean never made it to the bathroom. By the end of Friday night Mishka and him were buddies – they touched noses, Mishka cleaned his ears and they have been frolicking since. They have been making lots of noise at night – like a herd of buffaloes running through the apartment!!!
I just can’t believe how cute they are and how fast they are getting along!!
Mind you – this is my first day back to work and them being alone…….so I am praying that I don’t come home to bloodshed!!
I have some picture, which I will hopefully be able to post tomorrow.
YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! I love my little Beanie!!!

aly
09-29-2004, 01:49 PM
What wonderful news! It sounds like the transition was about as smooth as it could get! Congrats :D :D Can't wait for the pictures!

Vio&Juni
09-29-2004, 02:17 PM
Awww, I can't wait for the pictures!

prechrswife
09-29-2004, 04:12 PM
Wonderful news! It sounds like our transition when Samson moved in. It was way too easy.

QueenScoopalot
09-29-2004, 04:38 PM
That's great news....pictures please? :D

Barbara
09-30-2004, 06:42 AM
Very good news:)

Can't wait to see the pictures.

LOL @the herd of buffalos:) Noone could believe, velvet paws cats could go like that but yes! They do!:D

catmandu
09-30-2004, 08:36 AM
Most Cats,I find,given a chnace,willwelcome,a New Pal,as noone,especially Cats,want to be alone! Concatulations,on Another Pet Talk Dynamic Duo!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-30-2004, 08:57 AM
Wow, what an easy introduction! Can't wait for pics. :D

smokey the elder
09-30-2004, 10:31 AM
I think Mishka wanted a little brother.