PDA

View Full Version : Are huskies escape artists?

Tonya
09-29-2004, 08:25 AM
Well, my dogs have two sections to their dog runs. The gate somehow closed on one of the sections, so they were stuck on the "undesirable" side. (The undesirable side is whatever side they are on; it constantly changes. :rolleyes: ) Well, I woke up to some commotion. So I quietly looked out my window to see what they were doing. Roxy was pushing our garbage can across the yard. (It's on wheels.) I was wondering what in the heck she was doing, so I continued watching. She pushed it all the way across to the gate, jumped up on top of it, and then jumped on over to the other side of the fence, where the latch is. She was then, trying to hit the latch to let Dusty in. Of course, Dusty is always just the cheerleader. He just yaps and yaps and eggs Roxy on.

I was just telling Tina in her thread to make sure to have the gate latch on the opposite side so that her dogs don't try to open it....ummm, I guess I also have to add, make sure there isn't a way for them to get to that other side. lol.

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-29-2004, 08:41 AM
Wow! Roxy is very smart. Sounds like a scene out of a dog movie!

anna_66
09-29-2004, 09:26 AM
Those huskies, sometimes they are too smart for their own good;)

LorraineO
09-29-2004, 09:33 AM
whoa,,, now thats a smart puppers!!!!!

lute
09-29-2004, 09:38 AM
Wow! Roxy is very smart. Sounds like a scene out of a dog movie!
that's what i was thinkin!:D

Glacier
09-29-2004, 10:25 AM
It's amazing the ways a husky can find to escape! It's a constant battle to keep them confined.

When we lived in the city, Muskwa once pushed a lawn chair over to the fence and climbed onto the roof of our neighbor's tool shed. Of course, he picked the neighbor who hated us! It was lots of fun trying to get him to come down without waking the nasty neighbor!

LorraineO
09-29-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Glacier
It's amazing the ways a husky can find to escape! It's a constant battle to keep them confined.

When we lived in the city, Muskwa once pushed a lawn chair over to the fence and climbed onto the roof of our neighbor's tool shed. Of course, he picked the neighbor who hated us! It was lots of fun trying to get him to come down without waking the nasty neighbor!

Drat,., I would have PAID money to see that one!!! :D :D

Glacier
09-29-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by LorraineO
Drat,., I would have PAID money to see that one!!! :D :D

LOL! And we were so worried about getting him down that we didn't even take pictures!

LorraineO
09-29-2004, 11:03 AM
Even better,,,,,, hehehehehehehehehehehehehe.....

dukedogsmom
09-29-2004, 11:29 AM
I think I'm going to change my mind about wanting a Husky. Sounds like they're smarter than me!

Christiansmommy
09-29-2004, 11:32 AM
Wow, what a smart pup!! You have to be proud of her!! Would have been very fun to watch!! :)

Robyn

Tonya
09-29-2004, 02:16 PM
You know, she's intelligent in some ways...like escaping...but in other ways, she is a total ditz. She bumps into things, tries to jump in the truck when the door is closed, tries to jump into moving vehicles, etc...

tatsxxx11
09-29-2004, 02:55 PM
My Husky x Cody has twice "escaped," jumping through the window screen into the backyard then climbing over the wood pile and scaling the 6ft. high stockade fence!!!:eek: Thankfully, she was waiting for me in the driveway when I got home! At the kennel I used to work at, one Husky flipped the latch on her kennel, scaled 2 7ft. high chain link fences, flipped another latch and was gone! The family was visiting Cape Cod from Ohio and were devastated. The entire Cape was looking for her! The Husky was finally found 3 days later, about 40 miles down Cape from where she escaped. Aside from a couple bloody paws, she was fine!

sammy101
09-29-2004, 03:26 PM
We had to put a latch on the other side of ALL our gates so Kodie cant escape:rolleyes: i hear lots of Huskys escaping.

My godparents have a Husky/Malamute mix,and this boy is huge!! im not kidding,but has a huge fenced backyard,and he never escapes,and he's not even 2 yet.But he ad his girlfriend Keesha,a chow mix,go out running on the beach and they always come back to your calls,so this Husky mix is very trustworthy.

Roxy is very smart:p lol she pushed the garbage can to escape?? thats to funny,i agree with LorraineO,i would of paid to see that,lol:p

wolf_Q
09-29-2004, 08:36 PM
LOL funny story!

Nebo hasn't been much of one so far...we have a 6 ft fence, he's never tried to jump it or dig under it. He will, however, bolt out the door at any given chance. He's also very talented at escaping his crate, I had to get a bunch of clips to put all over it so he couldn't get out.