PDA

View Full Version : Do your cats jump on you?

Palomino21
09-29-2004, 02:14 AM
Do your cats jump on you. I had a cat once, named Tigger and he could jump in your arms for a treat. He was so funny because he'd want a treat and then jump on you when you weren't ready.

Annie

catmandu
09-29-2004, 09:08 AM
The Found Cats,know that I ,because of my diabetes,am not a trampoline,but occasionally,in the heat,of the chase,I am a Drive Through!

kimlovescats
09-29-2004, 09:25 AM
Oh yes, my kitties jump, climb and leap onto my back! :eek:
Baby Tabitha especially likes to come out of nowhere and jump onto your shoulder to latch on to your earlobe for her 'nursing'!:D

DJFyrewolf36
09-29-2004, 10:34 AM
Remus likes to jump onto me when Im in bed...I have to keep reminding the boy to jump with claws IN lol

nibblets
09-29-2004, 11:44 AM
Julie jumps on me in bed. When I am at the computer she merely taps me on the back or arm.
She does like to jump on the dog for some reason, sort of in a drive by fashion. Poor Buddy doesn't know what hit him sometimes.

kitten645
09-29-2004, 02:30 PM
Calvin LOVES to jump into my arms. ALWAYS when I don't expect it or have my arms full of laundry/groceries etc :rolleyes: We usually end up bonking heads! But when I'm ready for him and he does his amazing sitting still to jumping four times his height, I catch him as gently as I can (afraid of squishing his ribbies!) and give him lots of snuggles and we walk around the house a bit.
Claudia

Jods
09-29-2004, 02:42 PM
Pixie does... In the morning when I'm getting ready for school I'm her cat tree lol... She climbs up my legs and hangs on to my back for a ride... I couldn't believe it the first time she did it she climbed straight up me with her nails lol... This morning I was wearing jeans and I felt her picking my leg so I looked down and she was actually using my leg as a scratching post bad gurl

BCBlondie
09-29-2004, 03:30 PM
Ilio's always trying to get on my shoulder. :) He loves to lie across my shoulders and purr while I walk around the house.

Lali's always been food crazy. If you're eating, she'll jump on your lap and act all innocent. When she was a kitten, I couldn't eat in the same room as her, as she would try anything to get to my food. One time, while I was standing in the middle of the room (I didn't think she could get to my food if I was standing), she climbed up my leg as if she was a monkey, got on my shoulder, and tried to reach for my food! :eek: Another time, she leaped from my lap on the couch to my sister who was walking by with a plate of pancakes. :eek: She's the most food crazy cat I've ever met! :D LOL

prechrswife
09-29-2004, 04:05 PM
Chloe is our jumper. She will jump into our arms if we hold them out for her. She also jumps on us when we aren't paying attention. That's really nice when she jumps on your back while you are bending over.:rolleyes: She has also jumped on a man who was giving us an estimate for a moving company and at least one cable guy.;)

kt_luvs_kitties
09-29-2004, 04:45 PM
All of my kitties are jumpers. Esp. Hannah in the mornings saying "momma wake up wake up wake up its time for a pettin" I just love it. (and I have the drive by kitties happen almost everynight right before the lights get turned out) :D

joanofark
09-29-2004, 04:53 PM
Kally likes to ride on my head while I walk around the house. She always enjoys not having to do any thing but lay down and enjoy the veiw.:)

Felicia's Mom
09-29-2004, 08:20 PM
Beau usually jumps on my back; when I am bent over and not expecting it.

PJSZOO
09-29-2004, 10:58 PM
We have a kitten named Morgan, who we found in the road. We originally though someone had hit her, she had blood coming out of her nose. We rushed her to the nighttime emergency vet which is about an hour away, praying she would be ok. Thankfully she wasn't hit by a car, but had a severe upper respiratory infection and mites in her ears which she scratched and ended up with an abscess that ruptured. The only thing we could guess was that someone threw her out of a vehicle right before we came through, because she was laying out in the road, thankfully I saw her eyes shining in the headlights and swerved to miss her. She has been the clingiest kitty we've had. She was on antibiotics for a good while, but is doing well. She has to be on my lap whenever I sit down. If I'm standing at the bathroom sink, she will jump and crawl up my back (not the most comfortable for me) and look over my shoulder. She is always the first to greet me at the door, or if I'm outside, she hangs on the inside of our wooden door to look out. We love her dearly and I think she's happy she found a forever home!

MULTICATMOM
09-30-2004, 12:59 AM
MY FAT CAT, DOM, JUMPS RIGHT ON MY CHEST!! USUALLY WHEN HE WANTS ME TO WAKE & FEED HIS FAT CAT BODY....:rolleyes:
NOSEY JUMPS ON MY BELLY(LIYING DOWN) IN MY LAP OR ON MY WHEELCHAIR BACK... MOSTLY TO HUG MY NECK:D OCCASIONALLY, TO GET MY FOOD!:eek: I'M GUILTY, I SHARE!!

PJ-SOUNDS TO ME LIKE LITTLE MORGAN'S LUCKY...

PJSZOO
10-04-2004, 12:44 AM
MCM, I know what you mean about the jumping (or running across ) your chest. One of our biggest gals,Twister, likes to jump on my chest when I'm laying down and then lay there-I always tell her that I'm not ready for chest compressions just yet! I guess because I'm the biggest, most comfortable thing to lay on! I also have to plead guilty to sharing-my guys will pretty much eat anything I do (unbelievable sometimes), except chocolate, etc... that they aren't allowed to have.

drewhexsa
10-04-2004, 04:40 AM
Ilyria is a percher, and if she gets scared she will climb up my pants and sit on my shoulder. She also uses me as a means to get to higher places, which is funny to me, but sometimes painful, :P That's how i know when it's time to trim her claws.