PDA

View Full Version : What is the update on the Deaf cat about to be PTS

Palomino21
09-29-2004, 02:07 AM
What is the update on the cat that is deaf? The date on the post said August. Did any one adopt the cat?

Also, are there any no kill animal shelters in Dallas? There is a couple here in my state.

That is just so sad about putting a cat to sleep just because it is deaf. It makes me so upset. Animals deserve to live as much as we do.

Annie

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-29-2004, 02:44 AM
I have asked for an update from the rescue worker who originally requested assistance.

I THINK that the original goal was to get the kittie out of the kill-shelter, and into foster care. This has been done, however the cat is not getting on with the other cats in the foster home. Around 50 requests were received when the appeal first went out, bu tno-one has actually submitted an application for adoption.

I am waiting for Cary to clarify that the cat is definately now available for permanent adoption (although preferably in a cat-free home - which excludes most of us ;)) and then we can try to see what we can do!

catmandu
09-29-2004, 09:05 AM
That is shocking,as we had a Wonderful Cat,Missy,when I was young,and she was born deaf! But she has a Great Life,as My Dear Mother loved her,so very much, Being deaf,should hardly,be a Death Sentence,for A CAT!