PDA

View Full Version : Hazel Goes For Surgery

K & L
09-28-2004, 08:49 PM
Hazel goes in Thursday morning for surgery. There are no guarantees at this point in time. We opted to go with the surgery since Hazel is not getting any better. She's losing weight and just can't continue like this. We're all so stressed and do not feel good about this.

Logan
09-28-2004, 08:54 PM
Good luck, Hazel!!!!! Get well for your meowmie, please. She is so worried.

We're praying HARD!!!!!! :)

catcrazylady
09-28-2004, 08:59 PM
I don't blame you for being so stressed and upset. I would be worried sick too. We are praying hard for Hazel and you guys too. Keep us posted.

K & L
09-28-2004, 09:02 PM
I just hope we've made the right decision here. I keep questioning myself.

kimlovescats
09-28-2004, 09:10 PM
Lisa ... I cannot imagine the agony you are feeling at this moment. I am sure you went by the advice of your veterinarian, and that is all you can do. Please try and find peace in knowing you are doing everything medically possible for dear Hazel, and the rest is God's will for her. ;)

((((HUGS))))
Kim

rg_girlca
09-28-2004, 09:33 PM
Sending Prayers and positive thoughts your way.

kt_luvs_kitties
09-28-2004, 09:58 PM
I am also praying for your poor sweet baby. I hope all goes well and she has many more years to come. Please take care of yourself and know that we all will bethinking about you here @ PT. *Hugs*

AbbyMom
09-28-2004, 10:10 PM
Prayers and good thoughts! My little RB tiger had one kidney her whole life and she did OK! Here's hoping for the best for Hazel.

K & L
09-28-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by AbbyMom
Prayers and good thoughts! My little RB tiger had one kidney her whole life and she did OK! Here's hoping for the best for Hazel.

This is promising news! They know one kidney is bad, but not sure about the other one until the surgery. One thing Hazel has against her is her age.

I don't imagine I'll be getting much sleep tonight, and tomorrow I'm suppose to be training someone on doing my "old" job. Not what I exactly need right now.

kuhio98
09-28-2004, 10:29 PM
Prayers from Alaska to you and Hazel. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

catmandu
09-29-2004, 09:20 AM
Please let Hazel,get well,Lord,The Found Cats,are praying,for thier Pal!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-29-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by K & L
I just hope we've made the right decision here. I keep questioning myself.

Nothing to question, Lisa. You said yourself she is losing weight and vomiting blood. How long do you think she would last if you didn't do something? This way at least she has a chance at a good life whereas if you did nothing, she would just keep going downhill with a deteriorating quality of life. You're doing the best thing possible for her, just don't ever forget that, no matter what the outcome!

Is she home now until tomorrow morning? If so, please give her hugs and smoochies from me and let her know that all of PT is praying for her. PT prayers have done miracles before, and hopefully they'll come through again.

Vio&Juni
09-29-2004, 10:30 AM
We will keep our paws and fingers crossed for Hazel :)

DJFyrewolf36
09-29-2004, 10:36 AM
Paws and fingers crossed for Hazel, get better soon little one!

K & L
09-29-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Nothing to question, Lisa. You said yourself she is losing weight and vomiting blood. How long do you think she would last if you didn't do something? This way at least she has a chance at a good life whereas if you did nothing, she would just keep going downhill with a deteriorating quality of life. You're doing the best thing possible for her, just don't ever forget that, no matter what the outcome!

Is she home now until tomorrow morning? If so, please give her hugs and smoochies from me and let her know that all of PT is praying for her. PT prayers have done miracles before, and hopefully they'll come through again.

Thank you for your wonderful words of wisdom. It's hard to not question whether this is the right thing since one day she'll seem just fine, and the next it's awful. I sure appreciate this input! It does make me feel better with the decision.

Yes, she is home right now. They offered to let her stay until tomorrow morning at no charge, but we wanted her with us. It could be our last special moments if this isn't successful. We're both very scared and pessimistic right now. Let's pray her other kidney is functioning and all will be well. Hazel sure touched our hearts in a HUGE way.

rosethecopycat
09-29-2004, 11:45 AM
Siamese singing for Hazel.

dukedogsmom
09-29-2004, 12:07 PM
Good luck, Hazel! Duke will have his paws crossed for you.

Killearn Kitties
09-29-2004, 12:43 PM
Good luck tomorrow Hazel!! Please get better for meowmie, she's doing everything she can do to help you, beautiful girl!

prechrswife
09-29-2004, 04:20 PM
I hope everything goes smoothly for Hazel.

jenluckenbach
09-29-2004, 05:38 PM
Holding my breath AND praying for Hazel. I wish you ALL the best, you deserve it.

lizzielou742
09-29-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

I agree 100%.

I'll be keeping you and Hazel in my thoughts.

K & L
09-29-2004, 06:36 PM
Thank you all so much. Luckily I was so busy today that I didn't have a lot of time to dwell on this. Tomorrow's the rough part. The Dr. said someone has to be waiting at the phone at all times until after surgery. This way if he needs our input, we'll be there. Let's hope the input isn't to not wake her up. I told Kevin it has to be him, I can't deal with this part of it. I came home and just held her. I have to think she was brought into our lives for a reason, whether it be to make her better, or help her not suffer. I just hope she has been comfortable and not in a lot of pain. I will post the outcome when I know. Thank you again for all your support here!

Barbara
09-30-2004, 10:59 AM
All the best wishes for Hazel girl and for you! Another miracle is needed, for sure.

krazyaboutkatz
09-30-2004, 11:19 AM
I'm just now reading this thread. Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care.

QueenScoopalot
09-30-2004, 11:42 AM
Sending purrayers for Hazel, and hoping she gets through this with flying colors. Poor girl has been through so much, and I too feel it's the very special heart-touching ones, that need every chance possible to live a full life. I know you'll keep us all posted. GO HAZEL! ;)

jenluckenbach
09-30-2004, 03:40 PM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59981