PDA

View Full Version : What exotic vacations have you been on??

sammy101
09-28-2004, 06:42 PM
I've been too

Dominican Republic-
Which i HIGHLY recommend going there

Trinidad & Tibago(spll??)-
it was good too,my dad had an apartment there,so we were in the city.

thats all for me:p

Uabassoon
09-28-2004, 06:44 PM
That's cool that you've been to Trinidad! I've gone a few times to play steel drums for the panorama festival during carnival. I always have to much fun when I go there, I usually stay in Port of Spain which is the capitol. Other than that I really haven't been to too many exotic places. I went to San Carlos Mexico once and stayed at a resort. It was on my way home from an orchestra tour in Mexico. I had a lot of fun being on a beach resort.

Here's a picture of me and my friend Megan right outside of Caracas beach in Trinidad.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/uabassoon/Beach.jpg

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-28-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by sammy101
I've been too
Dominican Republic-

The only places I've ever been is a little town in Saskatchewan and I go to Kelowna, British Columbia usually every summer. I've never been on an exotic vacation.

My uncle went to the Dominican Republic and said he had a great time except the last 2 nights somebody robbed him. But he was there for 6 weeks and said it was great except for those 2 nights.

micki76
09-28-2004, 08:36 PM
I've only been to Cancun. :( It was nice, though.

lizzielou742
09-28-2004, 08:43 PM
Nowhere outside the US except Ontario, Canada. :(

Tonya
09-28-2004, 09:28 PM
Just Cancun once and Hawaii twice.
One of the coolest vacations that I've been on is way up in Canada at my grandmother's ranch. It is huge and it used to be a Dude Ranch for tourists before she bought it. Words can't describe how cool it is.

Tonya
09-28-2004, 09:29 PM
Oh, and I don't consider it exotic, but some people do...Rosarita, Mexico. I think it sucked and I was expecting much more.

PJ's Mom
09-28-2004, 10:05 PM
Exotic? Does Vegas count? :D

teenster3
09-28-2004, 10:15 PM
EXOTIC? What does that mean?
I NEVER get out of Wisconsin!:p
Matthew & I haven't had a honeymoon yet, but we'll only be married for a year in October. So, I guess we still have time to plan one!!!!!

kuhio98
09-28-2004, 10:17 PM
Hawaii - great!
Aruba - yuck! (It's a desert island -- cactus and burros)
Australia - loved it so much, we went twice
New Zealand - great!
Hong Kong - hated it
Taiwan - loved it
Japan - loved it
Puerto Rico - loved it
Scotland - loved it

christa
09-29-2004, 07:12 AM
Cancun & Maya Riviera, Mexico

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-29-2004, 07:29 AM
My favourite holidays are CRUISES!!!

1999: Florida (got married in Miami) - went on a cruise from there around the Bahamas), then toured Florida and the Everglades afterwards, plus Orlando etc

2002: Started off the holiday in SF, then flew up to Seattle, for a 8 day cruise around Alaska and Canada, then Scotland for Golf and Edinburgh Tattoo

2003: 12 day cruise around Europe, then Scotland for Golf!

I've also been to:
MIDDLE EAST:
Saudi (NOT exotic)
Dubai
Qatar
Oman (amazing)

UK/EUROPE:
Scotland
Ireland
England
France
Austria
Netherlands
Belgium
Spain
Switzerland

AFRICA:
Various places around South Africa
Zimbabwe

Christiansmommy
09-29-2004, 07:44 AM
Just Cancun and Bahamas here.

Samantha Puppy
09-29-2004, 07:51 AM
Prince Edward Island (not exotic, but still beautiful)
Montreal (very different!)
Florida (most recently for my honeymoon to Sanibel Island)
Scotland, England, Northern Ireland - LOVED England and Scotland... Northern Ireland, not so much...

Tonya
09-29-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
My favourite holidays are CRUISES!!!

1999: Florida (got married in Miami) - went on a cruise from there around the Bahamas), then toured Florida and the Everglades afterwards, plus Orlando etc

2002: Started off the holiday in SF, then flew up to Seattle, for a 8 day cruise around Alaska and Canada, then Scotland for Golf and Edinburgh Tattoo

2003: 12 day cruise around Europe, then Scotland for Golf!

I've also been to:
MIDDLE EAST:
Saudi (NOT exotic)
Dubai
Qatar
Oman (amazing)

UK/EUROPE:
Scotland
Ireland
England
France
Austria
Netherlands
Belgium
Spain
Switzerland

AFRICA:
Various places around South Africa
Zimbabwe

Wow, Julie! You've been to alot of places! :eek:

Tonya
09-29-2004, 08:09 AM
I want to go to Australia and Okinawa, Japan. My husband was stationed in Okinawa...We were supposed to go there this summer to see his ex-gf's wedding, but I got prego. So, now...those trips are probably postponed for many many years. It's to hard to travel with a baby.

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-29-2004, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Tonya
Wow, Julie! You've been to alot of places! :eek:

LOL Tonya - I suppose I have - but I really want to re-locate to either the USA or Australia, if I don't go back to South Africa!

chrissycat21
09-29-2004, 04:29 PM
I've been to Mexico, US Virgin Islands, and the Bahamas. My family and I might go back to the Bahamas for spring break. :)

Cincy'sMom
09-29-2004, 04:30 PM
We went to Cozumel for our our homeymoon. It was gorgeous and lot of fun!!

cali
09-29-2004, 04:45 PM
nowhere. lol I mean I have been all over Canada, but just to visit relatives, and I went to Finland for a familiy reuniun when I was like 2 years old lol I have been to marin land, and to see niagra falls, but that was just a day trip with my grandparents when I was visiting them. but we honestly connot afford to even come close to going somewhere exotic, plus we cant travel much with so many animals, not a whole lot of people are willing to look after so many animals lol

BCBlondie
09-29-2004, 05:16 PM
I was born in Latvia... wouldn't describe it as an exotic place though! No jungles there!! :D hehe
I went back to visit Latvia when I was 9.

I've been in Finland for like 3 hours. (transferring planes)

I've been to Hawaii.

That's about it..

My parents have been to Mexico twice, and once to Venezuela. They always leave me at home. :(

LorraineO
09-29-2004, 05:32 PM
I lived in Europe for 5 yrs,, I pretty much saw 90% of it!!!

Karen
09-29-2004, 05:38 PM
Beijing, China and Badaling (for the Great Wall)
Hawaii - the Big Island

are probably the most "exotic" places I've been by most people's standards. But I've also visited London and the wilds of Glasgow, Scotland, and lotsa places on the mainland US as well.

I will admit to stopping by likely-looking swamps in Florida and calling for alligators, but I never got to see one, despite driving places where people assured me "they lay right across the road there, it's a real nuisance."

MariaM
09-29-2004, 08:20 PM
Toller-Orangutango, whatever ;) What was the little town called? I live in a little town in Saskatchewan!

cocker_luva
09-29-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by sammy101
I've been too

Dominican Republic-

same here! i highly recommend it, except when they arent at civil war. :rolleyes: :D

RobiLee
09-29-2004, 09:50 PM
I guess the most "exotic" place I have been to is Cancun. I love it there and would love to go back again. We went snorkeling and saw beautiful coral and fish where I also had a barracuda swim past me and then saw a beautiful stingray gliding by. While we were there we went to Chichen Itza and it was awesome and I climbed up all those stairs to the top of one of those beautiful structures and was too afraid to make my way back down....LOL. I needed alot of coaxing.

Robin :)

carole
09-29-2004, 11:28 PM
NONE, I am still dreaming about it, I think I would love to visit the carribean, I also have always wanted to go to New Calendonia, Vanuatu, and The Jersey Islands, not exactly exotic the last one, but that and some of the Scottish Islands would be great.

lute
09-29-2004, 11:45 PM
i've never been on an exotic vacation,but i want to go to New Zeland and Austrailia someday. i love those countries.:D

kingrattus
09-30-2004, 01:50 AM
Rob, Tom & Myself cannot afford to go on REAL vacations yet. So we go on fun little ones.

First we drive to the Ogdendberg/NY/USA border & get our usually strip search by the american border rent a-cops. Its fun bugging them. We'll put a used target in the trunk of the car to make things abit more interesting :D

Then we drive into Ogdenberg & have Burger King. After we eat we head back to the Canadian border & go home.
-------

2ed type of Vacation.

We'll do the same thing at the usa border like above. Then we'll drive to Syracuse/NY/USA & go to the Carsol Mall, to walk around for about 20 mins & then head home. Our first trip I took the camera & took pics of all kinds of things. It was my first time there. We bought some cool looking Pepsi (don't have that bottle in Canada), it was in a stubby bottle. Then we all took one sip & tossed them out. We forgot it was American Pepsi, & to us it tastes like swamp water... yuck...

The map
http://jess.iahu.ca/albums/album262/map.gif

http://jess.iahu.ca/albums/album262/april_25_2004_006.sized.jpg

A cool turck
http://jess.iahu.ca/albums/album262/april_25_2004_017.sized.jpg

We all LOL when we saw this sign
http://jess.iahu.ca/albums/album262/april_25_2004_040.sized.jpg

kingrattus
09-30-2004, 01:50 AM
The Mall
http://jess.iahu.ca/albums/album262/april_25_2004_043.sized.jpg

water on truck
http://jess.iahu.ca/albums/album262/april_25_2004_056.sized.jpg

http://jess.iahu.ca/albums/album262/april_25_2004_062.sized.jpg

Our buddies the Canadian border rent a-cops, NOT these guys r super mean 1/3 of the time.
http://jess.iahu.ca/albums/album262/april_25_2004_094.sized.jpg