PDA

View Full Version : Thursdays-closed 09/30

RICHARD
09-28-2004, 05:38 PM
Hi everyone.
After runnning it thru my head - and the seeking the wisdom of a
a Yogi - I have decided to close Thursdays for this week in honor of Laurie's mom who has followed life's path to the Rainbow Bridge.

There are no words we can say to her to help her get over her loss and it wouldn't seem right to carry on when one of our own is hurting in this way.

I know there is a thread where we can leave Laurie a message-
so maybe we can use this thread to maybe leave some thoughts about our own losses.

This is not a morbid thread or a thread to make us cry or be upset........so, if you would like to post a little story, toss out a prayer or maybe just name a person near and dear to your heart....

I know that there are a few of the PT family members that have lost a loved member of their family in the recent past-this Thursday is dedicated to all of you!

Thanks alot!

----------------------------------

Jess and Pat-

My dad and girlfriend- lost them within six months of each other.....I know that someday I'll see them both again....
But in the mean time I know that they are sharing their love of the outdoors...Sitting around a campfire, sharing a pot of coffee and just taking the whole scene in....Just the way I remember seeing them as I walked back to the campsite the last time we all went camping together. :)

Cinder & Smoke
09-28-2004, 06:32 PM
TO: GranMom
FRUM: Yur GranFurrKidz

HI, GranMom ~

Sorrie we missed *yappin* atcha,
but God sed you an Karen's Mom wuz ober atta Bridge
to meet Laurie's Mom - dat wuz reel Nice of you!

We tell'd Dad you baked sum Chawklit Chippie Cookies to
welcome her Home -
Dad sed "Nutz! Sure do miss Mom's CC Cookies! :( "

Dad wuz wunderin iffin you mite invite Laurie's Mom to wunna
your Bridge (Kard) Gamez?
Dad sez you wuz *Quite da Kard Shark* down here!
Maybe you kuld get Karen's and Laurie's Moms an Zipp's GranMom
all tagether fur a game or two?

Dad sez HIS Dad - you call him "Skipper" -
(frum when you had da Sailin Boatz) -
iz prolly out *phisshin* inna boat unner da Bridge an wuld
like sumbuddie else ta be da "Fourth".

Jest wanted ta say HI, GranMom.
Ya KNOW we *miss* ya!!

An Dad sendz his Luv!!

{{{HUGGS}}} an *Slurrpie Kissez*

/s/ Yur GranFurrKidz

micki76
09-28-2004, 07:12 PM
Both of my parents are gone. Dad died one year ago tomorrow. It's going to be a VERY hard day. Oh, and I also have jury duty tomorrow. :(

zippy-kat
09-28-2004, 07:13 PM
I can't read past these three and it hurts too bad to write what I'm feeling.

To Wendy & Travis who left this earth one year ago Sunday (Oct 3rd, 2003)...

To Miz Sophie Marie, Princess of Parsley, who entered sweet rest on Oct. 19th, 2002...

robinh
09-28-2004, 07:56 PM
To my dad who died in December 1974, just short of my 21st birthday and seven months before my son was born; to my mom who died in December 1989; to my beloved step-dad who die in July 2001; and to our furkids who have passed; Blue, Amber, Chester, Star and Peaches.

I am blessed to have had them in my life and to this day I miss them all dearly.

gini
09-28-2004, 08:04 PM
Here is to my own Mom who passed away when I was only ten months old. Maybe my Mom could visit Laurie's Mom and they can share a laugh over the two crazy daughters they have.

Crossing the bridge myself one day and finding my Mom on the other side waiting for me is a painful and pleasant dream that I have.

And here is to my Dad - who played the role of both Mom and Dad very well. He passed away on Thanksgiving morning in 1988.

Thanks, Dad, for my sense of humor.......I didn't fall far from the tree.

And my love for you both never ceases.

dukedogsmom
09-28-2004, 08:48 PM
I am fortunate to still have both parents. This is for my Grandmaw, who I couldn't get myself to visit while she was dying in the hospital. It was just too much for me. I dreamed of her in a beautiful, colorful flowered dress. The colors were so vibrant. I told her that the dress looked much better than a hospital gown. I don't know whether it was a visit from her or a dream but it made me feel better.
Also, to my dog Kammisar, who died when I was a teen. I am so sad because I really didn't realise how special he was. I was a cat person back then. I did raise him from a very tiny pup. Long story but because of a hateful neighbor, he hung himself when he jumped through the garage door window. I hope so much to see him again and let him know how special he is. He was the Duke of my teens. I hope no one thinks I'm silly for mentioning a dog when all the other comments have been about people.

slick
09-28-2004, 11:05 PM
The problem with being "mature" is that all your aunts, uncles and parents are nearing the end of their journey here on earth while you enjoy the last half of your life. I've lost so many members of my family. Some I've been close to, others not. A few that stand out:

Dear Dad: I'm so sorry that you had to die alone in the hospital. I was on my way there but missed you by 15 min. and I still beat myself up for that. My compassion for others comes from you. When I observe the beauty in the trees, flowers or even the full moon I think of you because you taught me to appreciate nature. When I share a joke with others, you are on my mind because I inherited your sense of humour and like you, I believe that without good health, friends and family, you have nothing. I salute you Dad and can hardly wait to see you again.

Dear Grams: Your passing was very peaceful and joyous because you were 99 and had enough of this life. You were ready for the next RIDE. I was so happy to be able to say good-bye and be with you at that time. I cut off a lock of your snow-white curly hair and I keep it tucked away in a special box. From you I inherited your love to partee and sharing a drink with friends. My love of laughter also come from you. Grams, you would have had a great time at Gini's and I just know that you would have fit right in. You had such a hard life with unhappy marriages and yet you always had a smile on your face and a big hug for me. I look forward to returning that hug when I get there.

Dear cousin Jeanne: Your passing was very recent and I'm sorry I never got the chance to tell you how much I loved you. I hope you can hear me now. Thank you for the wonderful summers at your camp, thank you for teaching me how to waterski, and thank you for looking after me when I was 10 and Mom was in the hospital for so long. I just know that you and Dad are sharing stories and laughter.

Big {{{HUGS}}} to all the Pet Talkers. May this family continue to laugh together, cry together and enjoy a toast together. My wish is that when I'm gone, the partee will live on.

jazzcat
09-28-2004, 11:17 PM
Thank you Richard for this memorial thread.

To my mother who passed on May 1st of this year. I miss you.

captain
09-28-2004, 11:52 PM
Richard,

This is a beautiful thread you started .......

To my Dad's parents - Gran and Grandpa - I never really got to know you like all my other cousins did, because I lived overseas, but I do think of you often.

To my Mum's Dad - who passed away before I was born. I know you are with me always. Thank you so much ....

To my darling spotty boy Leroy - we only had you a short while, but you are on my mind always.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-29-2004, 10:36 AM
Richard, I'm glad you started this thread and I'm glad it's not a usual Thursday.

I still have both my parents and all my aunts and uncles and all relatives that I'm close with - I'm very lucky.

One of the few people who I was close to who died was Peanut's first mom. Her name was Liz. She was one of my best friends. She was a loving, caring compassionate young woman, who had a bit of a wild streak in her. She so wanted to meet the right guy and start a family, but it just wasn't meant to be. She was hit and killed by a drunk driver on Mother's day 1989 when she was about 25 years old. The only way her only sister could be consoled was knowing that Liz was finally reunited with their mother who had passed away a few years earlier. She was a dear dear friend and I still miss her terribly. I've since lost touch with her sister, but I want to find her - soon - because I want to share Peanut with her before Peanut's time is up. I know her sister would appreciate knowing that Liz's adorable little kitten has led such a wonderful long life.

Another friend who died way before she should have is my best friend's sister. She was only 31 when she suffered a brain aneurisym (sp?) and didn't pull through. There are 3 sisters in this family and they were always very close. The death of the middle sister devastated the whole family. New life was celebrated though because the youngest sister had a baby a few months before. I still think about Marsha often and wish she was still here. Even though her sister was my best friend, Marsha was still a good friend to me also, and we shared so much as we were growing up. I still can't comprehend that she's gone.

And on a final note. Even though I still have both my parents, it is exactly 5 years ago today that I almost lost both of them in a horrible car accident. Actually they say my dad did die about 3 times, but they were able to bring him back. I will never forget the sinking feeling in my stomach as I listened to my Aunt on the phone, and the horrible feeling when I called my Dad's hospital(they were taken to separate hospitals) to find out how he was doing and they couldn't tell me whether he'd make it through the night or not. They have now recovered for the most part, but the accident is still a part of all of our lives. I thank God everyday that they both survived.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-29-2004, 11:36 AM
To Mom: it's been 40 years since you left for the Rainbow Bridge but it still feels like yesterday to me.

Dad it's been 5 years since you made the journey. I know you are fishin all the best fishin holes in heaven with your best pals, my uncles who are there. I bet you and Mom and the entire family are having lots of campouts.

I am sending all my love to you both and all the family who are there. Please, hug, cuddle, and kiss all my animals that are there with you but don't spoil them TOO much, ok? I want to do that when I get there!

Love forever!

davidpizzica
09-29-2004, 11:41 AM
Richard, I join the others in saying that I thank you for starting this thread, I lost both of my parents: mom in 1997, and dad in 2000. I am still sad when I think of them. But Laurie, rest assured that your mom and my parents are looking down on us. Big {{{{HUGS}}}} to you, Laurie! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Killearn Kitties
09-29-2004, 12:03 PM
Our family have had two very sad losses within the last year. My cousin's wife died of breast cancer at 49. Very, very sad. I think it was the first time I had to attend a funeral where the person's parents were also there. Funerals are never happy occasions, but it must be terrible to attend your child's funeral. Although there is absolutely no reason why it can't happen, we always seem to feel that it is somehow unnatural, that the older people should go first, but that is not always the way it is.

Also last year, another of my cousins lost her five year old son. It completely devastated the rest of us, so I can't begin to imagine how that feels for his mother. Matthew was born with a heart condition and was going to have to undergo various operations as he grew, he had already had two operations in his lifetime. He was small for his age, but he was happy, lively and playful. He has left a gap in his family out of all proportion to his size.

It's not always morbid to talk about those we loved and are missing; sometimes it also helps us to remember just how lucky we are.

Logan
09-29-2004, 12:06 PM
Thank you, Richard, for your decision this week.

I am fortunate that I have both of my parents, still with me. They are so special, wonderful grandparents to my children. My mother in law (who is a very special lady, too), plus my father in law and his wife, are all with us too. I'm so glad that our children can know their grandparents. :)

So, in a way, I'm rejoicing today, but also praying with all of those who have lost so many. My last grandparent, my sweet grandmother, Alma, left us almost 4 years ago, at age 93. The others died in 1967 (my Daddy Joe, Alma's husband), and 1990 (my "Nannie" and "Papa", who were my dad's parents). I just wish that they could have all known my husband and children. :( They were such an important part of my life. At least "GG" (Alma) did get to know Helen, Joe and Emily (my child and my sister's children).

Laurie, my thoughts and prayers are with you, my friend.

Logan

lizzielou742
09-29-2004, 12:28 PM
To all of you - I'm so sorry for your losses.

DJFyrewolf36
09-29-2004, 12:35 PM
Great Thread Richard!

Here's to you, Grandpa who passed three days after Christmas (almost two years ago now). You were a kind man forced to work really hard all your life. I'm glad I got the chance to tell you that I loved you. Im sorry you didn't see me get married, I know you always wanted to be a part of that. Don't work at the Bridge, Grandpa, you did enough of that here! Go out and fish, like you always said you did with your friends when you were younger.

I know this is kind of supposed to be about people but...

Here's to my RB pup Bandit a wolf/GSD cross. He passed when I was six because some one left open the gate and he got hit by a car. He let me ride him and was the most protective, loving dog I have ever seen. He never left my side from the time I was born. Play hard at the bridge Bandit, there have been a lot of pups sent your way lately. Make sure you show them around!

lynnestankard
09-29-2004, 01:51 PM
Thanks Richard - this is a lovely idea - I've just lit a candle and send more {{{{Hugs}}}} to Laurie - and to everyone else who's rememberance is here.

In memory of my dear Dad who died December 24th 1980 - and left a huge hole in our lives. Still missing you Dad - I hope you can watch over the girls.

In memory of my dear Mum who died August 24th 2001 - we were with you Mum, but you didn't know it. Hoping you got to the Bridge and didn't detour on the way!

Lastly - to dear nephew David - you broke all our hearts sweetheart when you went on November 2nd 1990 - we were all looking forward to your wedding to Heather and the rest of your life. It wasn't to be.
I loved you from the day you were born until the day you died - and always. Love from Aunty Lynne xxx

lovemyshiba
09-29-2004, 02:05 PM
To my grandfather:
I can hardly believe 10 years has gone by since I saw you. I can still here you whistling as you walked up onto the porch--always at dinnertime, and I can see you walking up to get your water, every day. I can remember how you used to scare us--taking your hands off the wheel while you were driving, and you were always the instigator when we got mischevious.
I love you, and miss you.

To Jack (my husband's father):
Although I never had the pleasure of meeting you, your spirit lives on in all of the stories I hear, and pictures I see. I know you are well loved by your family, and you were a wonderful man.

slick
09-29-2004, 10:51 PM
To my step-brother Gilbert (Gibby):
We had the same great Dad but different Moms and you passed when I was 12 years old at the young age of 32. I don't remember much of you but what always stood out was your calming nature. You never seemed to be upset by much even when your kids and me were making one heck of a ruckus in your back yard playing. You always had a smile on your face I remember being very excited everytime Mom or Dad would say, "We're going to Gibby's for supper". I still have a picture of you in my apartment. For the past 6 months or so you've been on my mind alot and even crept into my dreams. Does this mean you are watching out for me? I hope so because we've got alot of catching up to do when I get there. I'm glad that you and Dad are together again. See you later.

To my family friend Doris:
You lived just up the lane from me and were Mom and Dad's friend but to me you became a big sister and second Mom all rolled into one. I remember the times when I was feeling down and I would run up the lane to talk. You always greeted me with a smile and a big hug and we'd talk and talk and talk it all out. I always wanted to be near you; maybe because I always wanted a sister or maybe because you listened and cared about what I had to say. You meant the world to me and I loved you very much. When I was 15 you got sick with cancer; I was an awkward teen and found other interests. I'm so ashamed than I never came to see you in the hospital. I think I was afraid of the reality; that you were dying and somehow not seeing you would make it all go away. Sadly you went away but the cancer didn't. When Mom told me the news I remember crying and crying for days. I pray that you have forgiven me and can hear my words when I say that I would give anything in the world to have you back here again. My only comfort is knowing that I will see you again in heaven. RIP Doris.

leslie
09-29-2004, 11:24 PM
In our late teens we separated, my friend went away to college. I went to see her once at Iowa University. She came back home from time to time then one day- when I was 25 and so would she be soon (days), her family called me to tell me she had killed herself. How do we explain that to ourselves? On her record player, (a week had gone by before anyone bust into her apt- this is 1983) was "Tea For The Tillerman" over and over. She had swallowed a bottle of 250 aspirin. She bled to death through her stomach. We had so many good times. I dream of her at least once a week, I like to think of it of her "visiting" me. Even when it's a bad dream, it's ok, cuz it's a visit from Barb.

shais_mom
09-30-2004, 12:44 AM
Oh what a nice thread. Tears are running down my cheeks but here I go:
Shaianne - my sweet grey baby, I miss you everyday and still get angry that I wasn't able to have you as long as I wanted. Thank you for sending me Keegan.
Grandpa - I feel as tho I neglected you, your stroke that you suffered definately took you away from us if not physically. Your decline of health and being in the home gave us as a family a way to cope with you being physically gone. It was hard to believe that you lived for almost a year after your stroke when you weren't supposed to live a week. I am so glad that I can remember you before the Alzheimers took over your mind and body. I am so glad that I was always the one designated to "Grandpa sit!"
Grandma Tippy - oh boy this might be too hard to say much.... I miss you everyday and think of you everyday. I cry for you at least once a week if not more. I had you for over 28 years and another 100 would not have been enough. Everytime I see a tiger lily or a lily of the valley I want to cry all over again. It has been almost 6 mos since you left us, and Dad has a hard time every month on the 5th. Being in the trailer is not the same without you being there. Keegan can't understand why you aren't there to give her cookies. How appropriate it was when you were in the hospital and you opened your eyes for me. You never opened them again for anyone. I think our bond is what made you open them for me. I always had you wrapped around my finger - and you were wrapped around my heart.
I love you.

neko1
09-30-2004, 06:39 AM
To Grammy- your death was a complete shock to everyone. I can't believe it's been over 2 years already. I miss staying at your house, I miss seeing all of the junk food in your fridge and stored in the oven...I know who I get my eating habits from;) It was really hard for me not having you physically there at my wedding but I know you were watching over me.

To Brandon, my nephew-you were gone before you even had a chance..Brandon passed away a couple of hours after he was born. You would have been 12 years old now..your daddy still thinks of you and visits your grave often. And you now have a little sister, Emily, who is 2. Please watch over her and protect her.

I am so grateful to still have my mother. She is everything to me.

Corinna
09-30-2004, 07:45 AM
To my still to be named grandbaby , We will get you a name soon, miss you and sorry you decided to early to arrive . We know God needed you for some other purpose, your mommy and daddy are still thinking of you and we are planning a remeberance service for you . At that time you wil be named. I hope you fufill you mission that you have been assigned. Grandma

I just talked to my daughter and they have named the little one Lee its a unisex name .

lbaker
10-01-2004, 12:44 AM
It's a little after 1:30 am and after a few hours restless sleep I came here. Now I know why, in my stupor, I was drawn here. Thank you Richard, and thank you my family. Mom will be reading this and smiling with warmth and love for you all... my family and friends. Corinna, Lee is a lovely name. In friendship and love we laugh and cry, sometimes all at the same time. I just tried to call you Gini but couldn't find your number through the tears, probably just as well. The next week or so I'll probably just be walking into walls with arrangements and phone calls but that's as it should be. Dogs & cats here have been total velcro to me, and that's as it should be. I stop into PetTalk and find you here, and that's as it IS. Thank you. Phred, one of Mom's favorite passtimes of all was a good Bridge game. She loved to play cards and will welcome the partner!
Love always
All Ways

slick
10-01-2004, 08:33 AM
Laurie: The love of family and friends can work miracles. I pray that you continue to draw strength from us and find comfort in knowing that this little community will always be here for you. Just yesterday morning when I was driving into the work I was thinking about you and wishing I could take away some of the pain you are feeling. Next thing you know I've got tears streaming down my face. I know there is nothing I can do or say that will give you peace. The only words that come to mind are I love you.

To Laurie's Mom:
I never knew you but have seen glimpses of you through Laurie. From what I hear you were a wonderful person who loved life and lived it to the fullest. I want to thank you for giving us Laurie. She's a joy to know and a very special person, but I guess you already know that. Please continue to watch over her and the rest of your family, and in the darkness of the night, please rest your hand on her forehead and tell her that everything is going to be OK, then give her a big hug from Sister Slick. RIP Mom and enjoy the card game. I'm looking forward to meeting you when my ride here on earth is over.

slick
xoxo

Hey Grams: White Rabbits!! You always use to say this on the first day of every month believing that it would bring good luck. May October bring NO further deaths, illnesses or heartache.

RICHARD
10-01-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by slick

Hey Grams: White Rabbits!! You always use to say this on the first day of every month believing that it would bring good luck. May October bring NO further deaths, illnesses or heartache.

AMEN!

carole
10-02-2004, 05:33 AM
To my beloved adopted Uncle Joe, who left us sadly after a long battle with Lung Cancer, over 13 years ago, you will always be in my heart, a simple man who never cared for material things, but had a heart of gold, I still miss you.

To my Auntie Kate, who I only ever met the one time when you visited us in NZ about 4 years ago, a very beautiful lady inside and out,with whom I felt close and a special connection, to this day none of us will know why you chose to take your own life, and we know you never wanted to leave us all, but felt you had no choice, oneday we will meet again.

To my mother n law Nancy, a dear old lady,who left us three years ago after a long battle with lymphatic cancer, someone who was very different in her approach to life, someone who I admired and respected, you did marvellous things in your life, like back-packing in Europe in your 60's, your love of music, your caring for others and even though you and I were very different, we had a good relationship, your little eccentric ways are missed by us all , especially your son Stephen.

molucass
10-02-2004, 11:23 PM
To my Uncle Mike:
Uncle Mike, you were a great man, and I know that I will never forget you.. You passed on to be with the lord just a little over 2 weeks ago. I know that I will never be the same. You left a huge impact on everyone who knew you, and I hope you are up there flying and having a grand time. You always had a nice thing to say about everyone, and always had a smile on your face.. Thank you Uncle Mike for all that you did. I love you.

To my Mamaw:
Last year on October 27th, I stayed with you in your room all day, and was there with you as you took your final breath. I will never forget that day.
I always enjoyed coming up to the nursing home and bringing Annie to see you. She enjoyed laying in the bed with you while you were petting her just as much as you enjoyed her being there.
I'm so glad that you were able to see Eden before you passed away. I know how much that meant to you, and I will forever cherish the picture I have of you and her the day we brought her home from the hospital.
I miss you so much and will never forget you.. You truly made the world a better place and I think of you often. It's just not the same without going to visit you every day.. I think in your honor I will go to the nursing home this year on October 27th and ask to say a prayer with the residents in memory of you... Rest in Peace Mamaw.

moosmom
10-03-2004, 12:10 PM
Here's to my Mom, Joanne, who passed away 31 years ago October 10th from lung cancer at the age of 44. To my Dad, who was my mentor, who passed away 7 years ago August 16th.

To my Bumpy George (maternal grandfather) who passed away a week before Christmas, 1973, 2 months after my Mom passed. He died from burns sustained in our house fire.

The ache and hole that is in my heart will never go away and Christmas will never EVER be the same. :(

davidpizzica
10-03-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
Here's to my Mom, Joanne, who passed away 31 years ago October 10th from lung cancer at the age of 44. To my Dad, who was my mentor, who passed away 7 years ago August 16th.

To my Bumpy George (maternal grandfather) who passed away a week before Christmas, 1973, 2 months after my Mom passed. He died from burns sustained in our house fire.

The ache and hole that is in my heart will never go away and Christmas will never EVER be the same. :( Donna, my deepest sympathy for you for your losses. I feel the same way. since my parents passed away, The holidays have been lonely for me. I try to get into the spirit, but it's not the same, or will it be the same. If you get really depressed over the holidays, either call or PM me, I know what you are going through and I have a big enough shoulder to lean on. {{{{BIG HUGS}}}}

cloverfdx
10-04-2004, 10:51 AM
Richard what a beautiful idea.

Dear Nan (Great Nan)
It has been 10 years since you left us, you held on so hard and finally let go just 10 minutes after we left your hospital room how i wish we had of stayed just that little longer :(. I will always remember you and the weekends and holidays we spent with you and Pop in Melbourne going to the Zoo.

Matthew you left us way too soon at 25 years old, i know we did not spend much if any time together in the past 10 years but i often thought of you and how you were doing. Your parents would give us updates and on the odd occasion you would be in town but we would not know and never did get to "Catch up". It was a complete shock when we got the phonecall to say you had left us.

Dear Nan
You passed away before i was born but i love you, you were taken too soon (House fire) and we will get to meet oneday. Until that day comes you will stay in my thoughts. I keep a photo of you close by and have gotton to know you by all the wonderful storys i have heard from Mum, Pop and the rest of the family.

To all of the victims of 9/11, what a horific day that i will never forget. :(

And to all of the wonderfull PTers my heartfelt sympathys go out to you all.

{Hugs} to you all.

nibblets
10-04-2004, 01:05 PM
I lost my dad in Nov of 2001. He hung in with us as long as he could. His main source of energy was watching my son, his only grandchild grow up. His main concern was that Richard (my son) go to college and grow up to be a good man. Rich is only 15 right now, but college is definitely in his plans and even though he has his 'teenage' moments...he is going to be a fine man, just like his Grandpa. I miss Dad, but I feel him around me a lot so I know he is never too far away.

My most loving and wonderful friend Cindy passed away in Feb of 2002. She fought long and hard with diabetes and related problems, but she met every day with optimism and concern for others. This woman had more than her share of hard times with her health and her family. She suffered so when her oldest son made some bad choices and went to prison for 4 years. She was probably the best friend I ever had, even though we lived miles & miles apart...we were there for each other in spirit and in cards and letters. We kept the lost art of letter writing alive for many years.

My Aunt Carolee ended up being the one person in my life I wanted to grow up and be like. She had a way of making everyone around her feel extremely loved and cared for. She was funny and understanding and just a very real woman. I remember going up to Minnesota and spending summers with her family and having such fun. She had two sons, so I was sort of the little girl she always wanted. I love her and miss her tremendously, but I know she is with Uncle Bill and the two are sure to be keeping things lively in heaven.

My friend Gail who left this world by her own hands...it didn't have to be that way Sweetie...you had lots of friends who miss you so much and any of us would have tried to help you. I'll never forget you and your 'Hi Buuuuuddy!' The world lost a great one when you left us.

Bob...you little s***... I miss you! We had some times didn't we? Remember lunch times with Zarker down in North town.. those were surely the days...cuz its not like that anymore.

LaRita...even though we didn't see much of each other the last few years..You were in the delivery when Rich was born and that was very special. I find that you pop into my dreams quite a bit, so you are definitely on my mind. I know you are safe and at peace with your mom. You were a good friend.

And Rocky....my dog nephew...you were a good dog and holidays just won't be the same at your house without you there. I know your mom and dad and little Mookie had a hard time saying goodbye. Play hard at the RB and wait for us.

To anyone who has lost someone dear to them...life isn't always easy or fair...but being gifted enough to know the ones we love and lose, far outweighs the loss, for they are never really gone as long as you have your memories.