PDA

View Full Version : Hazels Prognosis :-(

K & L
09-28-2004, 04:25 PM
Things are not looking good for Hazel. I just want to cry. They feel it's her kidney's and they may need to do exploratory surgery. They said if the one kidney is bad they could remove it as long as the other one is working. If not, Hazel will not pull through. I'm just so sick.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-28-2004, 04:27 PM
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this. :(

I'll be hoping and praying that at least one kidney is good for her. Come on Hazel, you're a survivor, you can do this!

catnapper
09-28-2004, 04:37 PM
Oh no! Por Hazel, poor you! How long til they know whther the other kidney is ok?

K & L
09-28-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
Oh no! Por Hazel, poor you! How long til they know whther the other kidney is ok?

They won't know this until they actually do the surgery. If they go in there and neither kidney is good, they will not wake Hazel up. I just don't know what to do? I wish I wasn't at work so I could just go home and cry.

kimlovescats
09-28-2004, 04:43 PM
Oh Lisa, I am so sorry! Hugs and prayers that Hazel's one kidney is healthy!:(

Miss Meow
09-28-2004, 04:55 PM
I'm sorry to hear about Hazel. Am sending lots of good wishes that she makes it through this {{{hugs}}}.

lizzielou742
09-28-2004, 05:36 PM
Oh no...awfully sad to hear this. Poor Hazel girl. :(

Any idea when the surgery might be? Is she still at the vet's?

:( :( :( Hoping for the best here. :( :( :(

rg_girlca
09-28-2004, 06:09 PM
Oh Gosh Lisa, my heart is breaking for you. (((((HUGS)))))

Prayers on the way that Hazel has at least one good kidney.

nibblets
09-28-2004, 06:15 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. My prayers are with sweet Hazel and for you too.

Logan
09-28-2004, 08:54 PM
Lisa, I just saw this update, and your newest post about the surgery. Please remember how hard you've fought to help this girl. We all have her in our prayers.

Keep your chin up. You've given her every possible chance, ones she would not have had otherwise.

Logan

K & L
09-28-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Lisa, I just saw this update, and your newest post about the surgery. Please remember how hard you've fought to help this girl. We all have her in our prayers.

Keep your chin up. You've given her every possible chance, ones she would not have had otherwise.

Logan

Thank you so much. This is all just so depressing. Hazel hasn't been in our lives long, but she sure has touched our hearts in a huge way.

catcrazylady
09-28-2004, 08:58 PM
Oh Lisa I'm heartbroken. Poor Hazel and poor you. I'm so sorry to hear this but I'm not giving up hope on this sweet girl. PT prayers are going out for Hazel. I hope and pray that hazel is our next PT miracle.
I certainly second Logan's words. You have done more for Hazel in this short amount of time than anyone has probably ever done for her before. Hang in there and keep us posted.

K & L
09-28-2004, 09:00 PM
Now I'm fretting if we're making the right decision about surgery. She seems fine this evening and it makes me have doubts.

jazzcat
09-28-2004, 09:03 PM
Lisa, I can only offer (((HUGS))) and my support that you will make the best decision for Hazel. I'm so sorry.

Prayers on the way.

catcrazylady
09-28-2004, 09:18 PM
Lisa don't start second guessing yourself. You follow your gut instinct and you will do the right thing. Deep down inside you know Hazel and you know if it's serious enough to warrant this surgery. We all know that you will make the right decision. Do what you think is right for Hazel and it will be the right thing to do.
{{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you and sweet Hazel.

Craftlady
09-28-2004, 09:58 PM
Doesn't hurt to get a second opinion. Will keep good thoughts and prayers. :)

kt_luvs_kitties
09-28-2004, 10:04 PM
Like I said in my other post, I am so sorry and I am praying for you. I agree with the others, follow you instincts, they never lie. God will help you on your way, and I am sure your decision for the surgery was the right one. So try not to stress out and just know that you are doing everything you can to make Hazel's life a fullfilling one. Good luck to you and Hazel *hugs*.

NoahsMommy
09-29-2004, 12:58 AM
Oh honey, I'm sorry. :(

I'll be praying only for good things to come out of this surgery on Thursday.

Hazel...we're praying for you, sweetie.

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-29-2004, 01:18 AM
Poor Hazel :( You are all in my prayers.

catmandu
09-29-2004, 09:10 AM
The Found Cats,are sending Prayers,taht thier Friend Hazel,can pull through,and be a Happy Healthy Cat,Again!

jenluckenbach
09-29-2004, 05:52 PM
I seem to be reading these threads in reverse order :confused: but nevertheless, do not second guess your decision.

On the one hand, if they go in and find 2 bad kidneys, she will leave you without further pain. And NOT doing the surgery (because she seems fine on and off) will not change what is already inside her.

On the other hand, if they go in and find 1 bad kidney, they can remove it and she won't be having the pain she has been having. And you will be giving her a chance that she would not have without the surgery.

Only God knows how sick she is right now. After surgery, the doctors will also know and there will be no question that the right thing will be done. You won't wonder IF you should put her to sleep to stop her suffering......IF you should try to let her alone to see if she can fight it off herself.........they will SEE what is there and KNOW.

{{{{HUGS}}}}

K & L
09-29-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
I seem to be reading these threads in reverse order :confused: but nevertheless, do not second guess your decision.

On the one hand, if they go in and find 2 bad kidneys, she will leave you without further pain. And NOT doing the surgery (because she seems fine on and off) will not change what is already inside her.

On the other hand, if they go in and find 1 bad kidney, they can remove it and she won't be having the pain she has been having. And you will be giving her a chance that she would not have without the surgery.

Only God knows how sick she is right now. After surgery, the doctors will also know and there will be no question that the right thing will be done. You won't wonder IF you should put her to sleep to stop her suffering......IF you should try to let her alone to see if she can fight it off herself.........they will SEE what is there and KNOW.

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Jen
This is basically what the Dr.'s said. I guess the selfish part of me is questioning this decision. I don't want to lose her so soon. I think she may last longer without surgery, but I know this has got to be the way.

catmandu
09-30-2004, 08:55 AM
Poor Little Hazel,you Friends,The Found Cats,are Praying,for You,to pull through,and be a Happy Cat again,so we can have Fun,at Our Partees,with you! Please Get Well!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-30-2004, 09:27 AM
Today's the day. Lisa, just wanted to let you know I'll be thinking about you and praying for Hazel. No matter what the outcome, you're doing the right thing. I'm thinking positive and am confident her one kidney will be ok and she'll be home in no time. :)

K & L
09-30-2004, 09:42 AM
Oh thank you! I'm so nervous, and my poor husband has to be the one to wait by the phone. I just couldn't do it. I held and kissed her this morning, and she just purred and purred. I will let everyone know as soon as we hear anything. I didn't sleep very well last night and already feel exhausted.

smokey the elder
09-30-2004, 10:20 AM
Poor Hazel and poor you! I hope everything works out.

jazzcat
09-30-2004, 10:22 AM
Prayers and thoughts for Hazel. Good luck sweetie.

aki
09-30-2004, 10:47 AM
Lisa, I am so sorry you have to go through this! I am praying for you and sweet little Hazel.

Autumn

Kirsten
09-30-2004, 10:50 AM
Oh Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear this!!! :( Best wishes to poor little Hazel!!! I'm thinking of you!!!

Kirsten

catcrazylady
09-30-2004, 12:35 PM
I have been trying to check in as often as possible today. My prayers and thoughts have been with you all today. Please let us have some good news soon.
God Bless you all. {{{HUGS}}}

lizzielou742
09-30-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
I have been trying to check in as often as possible today.

Same here....hoping no news is good news.

K & L
09-30-2004, 12:54 PM
I just got a call and they're just NOW starting the surgery. This is maddening. It's now 10:55 a.m. Az time. I was thinking no news is good news. My stomach is in knots!

lizzielou742
09-30-2004, 01:32 PM
Oh yeah, time change :p Duh!

Prayers coming Hazel's way. Fingers and paws crossed!

lynnestankard
09-30-2004, 02:04 PM
Oh Lisa - I've only just caught this news about Hazel - I'm keeping fingers crossed and prayers coming across the miles - I just hope she pulls through. {{{Hugs}}}} across the miles to a very anxiopus Mum.

Lynne

PS I've just lit a candle xxx

emily_the_spoiled
09-30-2004, 02:16 PM
Any news yet??

Fingers and paws are crossed for Hazel...

K & L
09-30-2004, 02:16 PM
*sigh* it may be cancer. Her one kidney was twice the size and hard as a rock. They are removing that and some lymph nodes. That's all we know right now.

Logan
09-30-2004, 02:19 PM
Hang in there, Lisa. Regardless of the outcome, you are Hazel's advocate and friend. She could NOT have asked for a better person to be fighting for her.

Logan

catcrazylady
09-30-2004, 02:20 PM
Well that sounds like her other kidney is still good. I hope that is what that means. Prayers are still coming that if it turns out to be cancer then they get it all when they remove the bad kidney.

Hang in there Lisa. I know this must be so horribly stressful for you and your hubby.

We are all still praying really really hard that this has a good outcome.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

jazzcat
09-30-2004, 02:23 PM
I'm with CCL, that sounds like the other must be okay.

Prayers on the way.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-30-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by jazzcat
I'm with CCL, that sounds like the other must be okay.

Prayers on the way.

Ditto.

sirrahbed
09-30-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
Well that sounds like her other kidney is still good. I hope that is what that means. Prayers are still coming that if it turns out to be cancer then they get it all when they remove the bad kidney.

Hang in there Lisa. I know this must be so horribly stressful for you and your hubby.

We are all still praying really really hard that this has a good outcome.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I THIRD that!!! more (((((HUGS)))))

jenluckenbach
09-30-2004, 03:39 PM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59981