PDA

View Full Version : going back to work

davidpizzica
09-28-2004, 03:25 PM
I had a follow up at the doctors today, and he said I was doing pretty good! He gave me clearance to go back to work November 1st. Uh, what is "work?" LOL LOL!

DJFyrewolf36
09-28-2004, 03:38 PM
uh oh....:D

To practice, you can do my job from home tehe

trayi52
09-28-2004, 03:46 PM
Well, I guess thats good news. It means you really are on the mend. I am very happy to hear that you are getting better David.

Just try to take it easy, those first few day, and don't overdo it, Okay?

Willie:)

teenster3
09-28-2004, 10:29 PM
David,
I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better enough to do that! What line of work are you in?
Just make sure to take it easy your 1st day.
I go back to work this Thursday after only having off a week for laproscopic surgery. I'm feeling alright but still alittle afraid to lift!
Good Luck & I'm glad you're feeling better! You still have awhile to keep taking care of yourself though!;)
Tina

davidpizzica
09-28-2004, 11:28 PM
Tina, I work as a groundskeeper at a golf course It's a lot of physical labor, and it will be tough the first week.

gini
09-29-2004, 12:18 AM
David, all I can think of is how we were all cheering you on and then they sent you home to consume a diet of bananas!

And then, your big day came, and went...........and here you are now!

Yes, please do take it easy the first week. Be darned by the boss who loads you up with lots to do............your health and healed knee is the most important thing to think about.

It has been a long way from there to here.............CONGRATULATIONS!

lynnestankard
09-29-2004, 08:11 AM
Gini beat me to it David - but Congratulations!! :D :D

You've been through it and come out the other side - well done you. Just remember to take it Very Carefully the first week or so at work - don't want you spoiling all that good work. Your boss is aware isn't he just what you've had done? If not - let him know. He can't expect you to go from - nothing to doing everything as before. It's impossible.

You'll have to make the most of your last month at home!!:D :D

Lynne

Tonya
09-29-2004, 08:13 AM
Good job! I am glad that you had a speedy recovery.

davidpizzica
09-29-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
Gini beat me to it David - but Congratulations!! :D :D

You've been through it and come out the other side - well done you. Just remember to take it Very Carefully the first week or so at work - don't want you spoiling all that good work. Your boss is aware isn't he just what you've had done? If not - let him know. He can't expect you to go from - nothing to doing everything as before. It's impossible.

You'll have to make the most of your last month at home!!:D :D

Lynne Oh, I will lynn, But what is "work?" I have forgotten!

lynnestankard
09-29-2004, 08:17 AM
Work? Eeerrrrrr...............you leave the house in a morning................drive somewhere...........................do something................then drive home at night to the furries.

That's about it!!:D :D

Lynne

Killearn Kitties
09-29-2004, 10:01 AM
Well I suppose that's good news ..... really!

You must have geen doing your exercises like a good boy! :D Take advantage of the time left to build up your strength even more.

pitc9
09-29-2004, 10:05 AM
Congrats!!

Take it easy!!
(with your job... it make not be an easy thing to do, but try anyway:p )

DJFyrewolf36
09-29-2004, 03:35 PM
Do be careful! Don't over do it that first day :) glad you're on the mend!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-29-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by david p
Tina, I work as a groundskeeper at a golf course It's a lot of physical labor, and it will be tough the first week. Gosh, you could take Mario with you. He'd love to drive a golf cart! On, second thought, never mind. You'll have enough to deal with! :D

What do you do in the winter? There's lots of snow there isn't there? :eek:

davidpizzica
09-29-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
Do be careful! Don't over do it that first day :) glad you're on the mend! DJF, I'll do what I always do,make him THINK I'm working hard!!

QueenScoopalot
09-29-2004, 04:47 PM
Glad you're mended up enough to go back to that dreaded four letter word! :eek: :D Ditto on the take it easy....very easy! Can't botch up the new knee that's for sure. ;)