PDA

View Full Version : My Mom died last night

lbaker
09-28-2004, 02:20 PM
Some of you may know that my Mom has been ill.. I don't need replies to this. I have to think that there are a few special furkids that are going to be waiting for her on the other side of The Bridge with happy faces. I have to think Cinder & Smoke's GrandMa will welcome the help. And my Mom didn't know buns very well but I'm also sure there is a very special Bunster (Miz Sophie) that will astonish her with BunFacts - "always carry parsley in your pocket.. yogurt raisens are a health food" etc etc. That's all. Well, it's not but it's enough for now.
Laurie

Samantha Puppy
09-28-2004, 02:29 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Kiia
09-28-2004, 02:31 PM
My condolences to you lbaker, sorry to hear of your Mother's passing.

dogs_4_me
09-28-2004, 02:32 PM
Im so sorry:( You and your family will be in my prayers:(

lizbud
09-28-2004, 02:32 PM
Laurie,

{{{{HUGS}}}} Sending hugs of comfort at this sad occasion.
You and your family will be in my prayers. Liz.

Tonya
09-28-2004, 02:34 PM
I am sorry about your loss. (((hugs))))

snappy
09-28-2004, 02:36 PM
You and your family are all in my thoughts and prayers.

gini
09-28-2004, 02:36 PM
Dear Laurie,

Your Mom is in my prayers. Yes, you are right - your Mom is with Sophie bunny, and Binx, and Phred's Mom...........and Angus and SHE IS HAPPY AND HEALTHY.

The tough part is always for us who are left behind.

Hugs set aside for you too!

Gini

Edwina's Secretary
09-28-2004, 02:37 PM
Oh Laurie.... I am so sorry for your loss. No matter how old you are or how ill she may have been....she is still your mother and it hurts. Godspeed to her and condolences to you and your family.

slick
09-28-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
I don't need replies to this.
:( :( Oh Laurie, how can we not reply. I'm crying as I'm typing this. You are very much loved and I wish I was there to give you a great big {{HUG}} to ease your pain. It's been a hard road for you. Please know that I will light a candle and say a special prayer for you and your family.

RIP Mom and thank you for giving us Laurie.

lovemyshiba
09-28-2004, 02:38 PM
I'm so sorry Laurie.
My condolences to you and your family.:(

RICHARD
09-28-2004, 02:45 PM
Laurie,

You, your mom and your family will be in my prayers tonight.

If you are HALF as much fun as your mom, the Rainbow Bridge will be a jumping place today.

Tina
09-28-2004, 03:02 PM
I'm so sorry. You and your family will be in my thoughts.:(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-28-2004, 03:03 PM
Oh Laurie, I'm so sorry to hear this. :(

I agree with Sara that no matter how old or how ill they are, or how long you've had to "prepare," it's still devastating.

I know Cinder & Smoke's Granmom and all the dearly beloved PT critters will be welcoming her with open arms.

{{{hugs}}} to you and your family at this difficult time. :(

popcornbird
09-28-2004, 03:03 PM
Oh Laurie. :( I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. :(

{{{hugs}}}

emily_the_spoiled
09-28-2004, 03:09 PM
Laurie,

I am so sorry to read about your mother. I know this must be a very difficult time for you, if there is ANYTHING I can do please phone ... you know the number.

Cheryl

Karen
09-28-2004, 03:12 PM
I'm sure there will be lots of people and fur-folk meeting her at the Rainbow Bridge. I'll tell my mom to keep a look-out for your Mom, Ma's not shy, and will show your mom around.

Laurie, I know this is the end of a long struggle and a gut-wrenching mix of grief and relief. You know how to reach me if you need anything, even if it's to hear me sing you "Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child" okay?

trayi52
09-28-2004, 03:17 PM
Laurie, of course we will respond, we love you. I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers, and good thoughts are own their way to you right now.

May God bless you and your family.

Willie

lizzielou742
09-28-2004, 03:22 PM
I'm sorry. :(

robinh
09-28-2004, 03:25 PM
Laurie, I am so sorry to hear of your mothers passing. I'll agree that no matter how much time you have to prepare, it's always a shock to lose a loved one. You and your family are in my prayers.

Cinder & Smoke
09-28-2004, 03:29 PM
Hellow, God??

Hi God ~

Iz GranMom bizzie rite now?
Kuld You ask her ta run ober to The Bridge -
an meet Laurie's Mom?

Oh GREAT!
You already sent GranMom and Karen's Mom over ~ THANKS!

Anna whole Gang of FurKids, too?
Thought we heard sum *ThUMpin* goin on!
Musta been da Lil Black Bunnie! ;)
That'll make Laurie's Mom feel rite at Home!
Wunner if GranMom took summa her Chawklit Chippie Cookies?

She DID? You get ta *taste* em, God?
You're rite - she nebber made a *bad* Cookie!! ;)

While we gotcha, God ~
Kan You wrap Your GodsPaws round Miz Laurie??
She kuld sure use summa Your Luv anna big God's {{{HUG}}} now...
Please send enuff LUV down so she can share it wiffa Fambly.

THANKS, God!!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

------------- ------------ ---------

Dear Laurie ~

You have my deepest Sympathy.

What helps - Remember all the Good & Wonderful Times
you shared with your Mom.

{{{HUGS}}}

/s/ :( Phred

catland
09-28-2004, 03:29 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Logan
09-28-2004, 03:39 PM
Dear Laurie, I am so sorry. I haven't gotten an update on her from you and should have asked about her before reading this.

Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

It is a lovely thought that Karen's mother and Phred's mother are there with open arms, welcoming her to her new world. :)

Much love,
Logan

K9soul
09-28-2004, 03:43 PM
My very deepest sympathies for you and your family. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. May your Mom rest in joyful peace with those who have gone before her.

davidpizzica
09-28-2004, 03:44 PM
Laurie, Slick is right, how can I not respond to you? I know exactly what you are going through right now I lost my mom in 1997, and my dad in 2000. Laurie, you are in my prayers and here are some mighty big{{{{HUGS}}}} If you want to call me, I'll PM you my number.

Kfamr
09-28-2004, 03:44 PM
I'm very sorry Laurie.
I know there's no words that can full heal what you must be feeling right now.

Simba sends you MANY kisses... he good at kissing!!:)

aly
09-28-2004, 03:45 PM
Laurie :(

My thoughts and prayers are with you during this rough time. I know there are no words that can ease your pain, but Reece and Lolly send much love to their Auntie Laurie.

Stay strong :( (((HUGS)))

Vio&Juni
09-28-2004, 03:55 PM
Laurie, I'm so sorry.

davidpizzica
09-28-2004, 04:03 PM
Laurie, I can feel the tears coming as I type this. Don't worry, Laurie, My mom and dad will be there to help her out. Again, big {{{{HUGS}}}}!

micki76
09-28-2004, 04:40 PM
Laurie, I’m so sorry for your loss.

The pain of losing your parents is awful. You know that it’s going to happen some day, but it still makes you feel so utterly alone.

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Miss Meow
09-28-2004, 04:46 PM
Laurie, I'm so sorry :(

Condolences to you and {{{hugs}}} during this sad time.

Your mum will have lots of company in heaven.

jazzcat
09-28-2004, 05:14 PM
Laurie I am so sorry for your loss.

I can understand how you feel because I went through the exact same thing less than five months ago with my mother. I think I'm still numb. My mother had been ill for quite awhile but was doing better so her passing was a bit of a shock. I'm dealing with wanting to call her for advice or her opinion all the time. It will just take time.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

RobiLee
09-28-2004, 05:14 PM
Laurie

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. My deepest sympathy goes out to you. I will keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.

{{{BIG HUGS}}} for you Laurie.

Robin

GoldenRetrLuver
09-28-2004, 05:16 PM
I'm so sorry. :(

{{Hugs}}, I'll keep you in my thoughts.

catnapper
09-28-2004, 05:22 PM
{{{HUGS}}} I don't know what to say in a time such as this, but you and your family will be in my prayers.

zippy-kat
09-28-2004, 05:22 PM
Dearest Laurie,

My heart goes out to you, friend. :(

My grandma (Mom's mommy) passed away 18 yrs ago on the very same day. Though I was little, I remember seeing what she went through; I pray angels (especially of the small black lop variety) surround you during this time of sorrow, bringing you comfort, strength, and solace. Know that I'm here for you 24/7.

With love,
Zip

KYS
09-28-2004, 06:19 PM
I am very sorry. Sending you and yours many
heart felt thoughts.

(((hugs)))

moosmom
09-28-2004, 06:21 PM
Laurie,

As Slick said, how can we NOT respond. We're a family here (of sorts).

Honey, you have my sincere condolences. I lost my Mom (44) at a very early age (19). It still hurts to this day and I'm 51.

Hang in there and know that we are all here for you anytime you need us.

((((((((((hugs))))))))))

captain
09-28-2004, 06:35 PM
Dear Laurie,

My condolences and {{{hugs}}} across the miles.

Love
Michelle

Aspen and Misty
09-28-2004, 06:49 PM
:::HUGS::

I know no words will help to ease the pain. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers :(

Ashley

teenster3
09-28-2004, 06:52 PM
Laurie,
I'm so sorry to hear of your bad news!:(
My thoughts are with you & your family right now!!!
(Too much sadness going around lately!)

Pam
09-28-2004, 07:03 PM
Laurie, I know that words are inadequate at such a time. Please just know that we all care and are sending you lots of (((hugs))) and love. Ripley said that he is sure Badger understands that you need a little extra help from him right now and is there giving you the comfort we all would if we could.

dukedogsmom
09-28-2004, 07:07 PM
So sorry for this great loss. I can't imagine your pain but we are all here for you.

anna_66
09-28-2004, 07:09 PM
Laurie I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. I can't imagine your pain right now. There's no words that can make you feel any better but I know that my big boy will be there to welcome her.
Take care and I'm only a pm away.
Anna

Kater
09-28-2004, 07:13 PM
Laurie,
I'm so very sorry for your loss. I send my heartfelt condolences to you and your family. Please take care.

Felicia's Mom
09-28-2004, 08:05 PM
I am sorry to hear of the loss of your mother.

Freckles
09-28-2004, 08:32 PM
Laurie, I'm so sorry for your loss. Loosing a mother is never easy.

delidog
09-28-2004, 08:41 PM
Laurie,
I am So Sorry for Your Loss....

Scrubber will be waiting to give Mom The Guided Tour of Rainnbow Bridge

My Thoughts & Prayers are With YOU!!!!!
Nicole

Twisterdog
09-28-2004, 08:52 PM
I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Godspeed.

rg_girlca
09-28-2004, 09:51 PM
I know the pain and sorrow of loosing a mother.

You and your family have my deepest sympathies.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

flamepony12
09-28-2004, 09:54 PM
I am so sorry! :(
((((HUGS))))
thoughts and prayers with you. :(

PJ's Mom
09-28-2004, 09:55 PM
Rottie and I send our condolences at this difficult time.

joycenalex
09-28-2004, 10:57 PM
laurie, i am so sorry for your loss.

shais_mom
09-28-2004, 11:45 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you Laurie.
Please accept my condolences. I know that my Grandma is up with Cinder and Smoke's Granma also, I am sure they will get along famously!

wolf_Q
09-28-2004, 11:46 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-29-2004, 12:21 AM
Laurie, I am so very sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers.

NoahsMommy
09-29-2004, 01:02 AM
Laurie,

My heart breaks for you. :( I'm so sorry for your loss.

Please wrap your arms around yourself and squeeze tight. I wish I could fly out there and give that hug myself, but this is the next best thing.

Please take care,
Kelly

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-29-2004, 03:07 AM
Laurie,

I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your mother. I can not even begin to imagine what you must be feeling. Please know that you are in my thoughts.

neko1
09-29-2004, 06:27 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss..myself and the furgang send you hugs and nosekisses.

Killearn Kitties
09-29-2004, 06:46 AM
I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. It doesn't matter how ill someone is, or how long they have been ill, nothing prepares you for the body blow when they go.

Thinking of you and your family.

lbaker
09-29-2004, 07:02 AM
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"
-unknown

You must have met my mother in a previous life Slick, thank you... that is my Mom all over. Thank you all. This morning, reading these thoughts from my family of families... this is the first really healthy cry I've had. My Mom was a character from a long line of characters (gee, wonder where I get it from). Some of you may remember, a few years back, when I read her one of the threads here (she WAS a lurker) about this abused dog in PA that needed rescuing. She wanted to jump in my pickup truck with me and drive up there right then in the middle of the night to snatch him. One of you wrote back wanting to know if she drove a Harley too! Lots of paperwork to take of, I'll check back when I need another "fix" of warmth. I thank you all more than words can possibly say. I want to print this all out and give a copy to my daughter in Texas and my brother in San Diego. My son & wife Jenny have already read your words and say thank you as well.
LAURIE

cloverfdx
09-29-2004, 08:19 AM
Oh Laurie i am so sorry for your loss {{Hugs}}. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. :(

lynnestankard
09-29-2004, 08:28 AM
Laurie - I'm so sorry for what you're going through - my heartfelt sympathy to you and all your family.
It's a painful time to get through - I share your pain . When my Mum went (three years ago) I thought I was so prepared and I was going to cope. Huh - you're never prepared when someone you love dies.
I know you'll be keeping busy - doing things - but do keep little bits of time for YOU. Time to sit and remember and cry. It really does help.. Be prepared - the pain never goes sweetheart - it lessens.
She sounded a great sort of Mum - mine was a bit like that:D
I'm sending big cuddly {{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} across the miles to a lovely lady who's hurting xxxxx

RIP Laurie's dear Mum.

Lynne

ramanth
09-29-2004, 08:50 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss Laurie. :( *HUGS*

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-29-2004, 10:19 AM
Laurie, I've always loved that quote that Slick uses too. It's so true and I'm glad your mother fit the description. This means she led a wonderful life which is to be celebrated, but only makes it that much harder for those left here on the ol' dirt ball (as Cinder & Smoke would say).

{{{hugs}}} to you again. Be strong, but don't be afraid to cry....:(

momoffuzzyfaces
09-29-2004, 11:52 AM
Aw, Laurie, I know the big aching hole that is in your heart right now. I lost my Mom 40 years ago. It's never easy to let them go.
I'm as sure as I'm sitting here that she is now healthy and at peace, playing with all our pets and meeting all our families. The hard part for her is over now. She will be watching over you until you meet her over there.
(((HUGS)))

EssTer
09-29-2004, 01:11 PM
Oh no...
I just dont know what to say... That's sad.. really sad, and I'm really sorry...:( :( Be strong.....
I will keep you and your family in my prayres.. I'm really sorry... {{{{HUGS}}}} :(

slick
09-29-2004, 02:10 PM
Laurie, I just know that right now your Mom, my Grandmother and my Dad are having the time of their lives since all three of them lived by my motto.

More {{{HUGS}}} coming your way, Sister ITT. I'll always be here for you.

Love always
slick
xoxo

smokey the elder
09-29-2004, 03:01 PM
I'm very sorry about your Mom. {{hugz}} to you and your family.

Randi
09-29-2004, 03:49 PM
Laurie, I'm so very sorry that you lost your mom. :( As John said: It's not until you loose your parents that you realize you're grown up and on your own.

I'm glad that you have family to share this sad time with - and you know you have many friends here too. :)

From what you told us about your mom, she'll be having a party right now, celebrating her arrival up there.

I too love this quote:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"
-unknown

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

carole
09-29-2004, 04:28 PM
I am so sad to hear this news, this is a very hard time for you and your family, and I just want you to know I am thinking of you, and hoping you can find some comfort here from your friends on PT, HUGS to you, and my sincere condolences.

petslover
09-29-2004, 04:32 PM
I am sorry to hear about your mom, I will put you and all of your family in my prayers

tatsxxx11
09-29-2004, 04:38 PM
Oh Laurie:(:(:( I want you to know, most sincerely, that my heart goes out to you and your family during this very sad time. I know of the great pain you are feeling, having lost my mom in my twenties. Mothers hold such a special place in our hearts, and their passing is always a devastating loss, no matter our age. We want to comfort you in your grief, but we also want to celebrate her life. And I have no doubt my mom and all of our family members and pets that have passed, are welcoming warmly and with love. What a very special womans she was. All my love to you friend. {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

LorraineO
09-29-2004, 05:33 PM
I just saw this,, I am so sorry,, I know how painful it is to lose ones mom........ I mourn for mine to this day!
HUGS

jenluckenbach
09-29-2004, 05:34 PM
I am sorry for you loss :( You are never old enough to NOT miss your mom when she leaves. {{{{HUGS}}}}

Soledad
09-29-2004, 06:30 PM
Oh Laurie, I'm so sorry. I haven't had to deal with this yet, but I can't imagine the pain, no matter what age it happens at.

I'm thinking of you both.

LoudLou
09-29-2004, 06:53 PM
Laurie & Family,

Our thoughts are with you and your family at this most difficult time. I know there are really no words to help take away the pain, however this qoute helped me through my Father's passing.

Hugs to you and your family...

LOUD Louie & The Beans... and their Ma Katie.

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. ~From a headstone in Ireland

*LabLoverKEB*
09-29-2004, 07:07 PM
Oh, Laurie, I am so sorry. I don't know what to say. My deepest sympathy to you and to your family. ((((BIG HUGS)))))

slick
09-29-2004, 11:13 PM
Just bumping this up for those who have not seen yet. Laurie needs all the support and prayers we can muster up.

kimlovescats
09-29-2004, 11:51 PM
May your mother rest in peace, and may God comfort you at this difficult time!

(((HUGS)))
Kim

Barbara
09-30-2004, 04:10 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. It doesn't matter how old you are- your mother will always be the most important person in your life!

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Kirsten
09-30-2004, 06:18 AM
I'm very sorry!! My heartfelt condolences to you and your family!!

Kirsten

Rachel
09-30-2004, 07:37 AM
Laurie, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I hope the realization of the wonderful relationship you and your mother shared will help you through this terrible time. Think of what she would tell you if she could to help you now. Know that here you are among friends who care about you.

dappledoxie
09-30-2004, 02:20 PM
I am sooo very sorry for your loss, it's so hard to lose someone you love so dearly. {{Hugs}}

molucass
09-30-2004, 02:29 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

ChrisH
09-30-2004, 02:56 PM
Laurie, I am so sorry. {{hugs}} You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

todd
09-30-2004, 03:00 PM
My condolences to you lbaker, sorry to hear of your Mother's passing. I lost my mom nov 29 2003 from Breast cancer.

primabella
09-30-2004, 05:19 PM
I'm sorry I couldn't reply sooner..

I am so very sorry. :( I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

mruffruff
10-01-2004, 02:51 PM
I'm so sorry. Mothers are the most special people. They never really leave you. Mine has been gone for several years, but she's "with" me every day in my thoughts.

Mary