PDA

View Full Version : just to let you know

Catboy123
09-28-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
I've had my doubts any of his situations are real ever since he posted the first time about Kitana running off. If they are, I hope some lovely people find her and take her in so she doesn't have to go through the neglect she obviously receives through the hands of Catboy and his family. If none of this is real, Catboy's parents need to spend a little money on their kid and get him into therapy before he becomes a full-fledged psycho instead of a lying punk on an internet forum.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK if thats the case then forget everyone of you i really did lose her but your right about one thing youll nerver here from me agin
ps she was found running near a mall chasing another little dog my neighbor saw her so just so you wont have to stay up till 1:30 i wanted to say i found her and i guess this little "lying punk" is gone for good

lizzielou742
09-28-2004, 02:12 PM
Bye!

Tina
09-28-2004, 02:13 PM
Bye, Bye!

Samantha Puppy
09-28-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Catboy123
If none of this is real, Catboy's parents need to spend a little money on their kid and get him into therapy before he becomes a full-fledged psycho instead of a lying punk on an internet forum.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK if thats the case then forget everyone of you i really did lose her but your right about one thing youll nerver here from me agin
ps she was found running near a mall chasing another little dog my neighbor saw her so just so you wont have to stay up till 1:30 i wanted to say i found her and i guess this little "lying punk" is gone for good Learn to read. I said If none of this is real, Catboy's parents need to spend a little money on their kid and get him into therapy before he becomes a full-fledged psycho instead of a lying punk on an internet forum. Notice the word "IF?" If means:

Main Entry: 1if
Pronunciation: 'if,
Function: conjunction
1 a : in the event that b : allowing that c : on the assumption that d : on condition that

Now, people can say many things on an internet forum and those who read it have to decide whether to trust that person and believe what they say, or they don't. I've been duped online before, so I tend not to trust most people until they can give me proof of some nature or a reason to trust them.

If everything you've said is true and that Kitana was found, I am happy for you and hope that you take better measures to keep her from running off. In the meantime, isn't it raining in your area today? Get that girl dried off and love her up.

IF, however, none if it is true, I stand by my statement above. That doesn't just go for you; it's a general internet-forum related statement.

Catboy123
09-28-2004, 02:48 PM
a. i know how to read. b. control your attitude c. it shouldnt have been posted in the first place

Samantha Puppy
09-28-2004, 02:55 PM
LOL! Since when is it considered attitude for me to post my opinions in a calm and well thought out manner? And sorry, but anyone can post anything to your threads, whether you agree with what they say or not.

hehe I'm getting a kick out of the fact that a 13 year old kid told me to control my "attitude". :D

Go spend time with Kitana already - I'm sure your very relieved and thrilled to have her back.

Catboy123
09-28-2004, 03:04 PM
well since its so funny then sit down and hold on to your sides because your a total witch

Samantha Puppy
09-28-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
How come people never stay true to their word? :( <cough> Attention! </cough>

Signed,
Total Witch

DJFyrewolf36
09-28-2004, 03:10 PM
Personally, if you post a thread on a site with as many animal people on it as this one saying that your dog ran off and you weren't planning to go out and find it, you should resonably expect a hostile response. No use resorting to name calling.

lizzielou742
09-28-2004, 03:20 PM
<cough> Attention! </cough>

Signed,
Total Witch

Ha ha, that's great! :D

DJFyrewolf36
09-28-2004, 03:22 PM
Man, Samantha Puppy, this is the second flame war you've gotten in this week! You must be popular :D I am glad you speak your mind though, and I really do respect and agree with your opinions!

Logan
09-28-2004, 03:34 PM
Catboy, I'm glad your dog was found. I hope she will remain safely at home from now on.

K9soul
09-28-2004, 03:39 PM
I'm very glad Kitana was found and is okay.. I hope and pray she stays safe from now on. I feel heartsick if your family is still planning to get rid of her because she was following her instincts, but perhaps it will be for the best for all involved. Stay safe sweet Kitana.

aly
09-28-2004, 03:40 PM
I am VERY glad Kitana was found safely! Please PM me if you want me to help you find some rescue groups you can place her with if you no longer want her. OR you can PM me if you want some suggestions on how to keep her contained.

*HUGS* to sweet Kitana!

Varga
09-28-2004, 03:57 PM
I know everybody has already said this a million times before. But please. If Kitana runs away from home, it’s NOT because she’s bad, or because she doesn’t want to live with you. She’s not out to hurt you. She just wants some fun and she doesn’t understand the danger that’s involved when she’s out on her own.
I was 14 when I got my dog Tiki. She didn’t just run away from me seven times.. oh no.. It must have been closer to 50! She was so tiny that she just slipped between the legs of anyone who opened the front door. Of course, I most likely live in a much smaller town than yours so even on foot it didn’t take that long to find her.. But I could still spend at least 4 hours roaming the streets calling her name.

It’s a very frustrating feeling when your dog runs away. I felt convinced I had to be the worse dog owner in the entire world and that was why she wouldn’t stay with me. But in her eyes it was just harmless fun.

I wish I could tell you how to train your dog to not run off… But she is a husky and people have mentioned that they are notorious for roaming, so I don’t know if that’s even possible.
For Tiki, it was something she eventually grew out of. Perhaps Kitana will do the same..? How old is she?

-Varga

micki76
09-28-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Catboy123
it shouldnt have been posted in the first place

I have to agree with Catboy on this. Perhaps it could have been worded a little less harsh? IDK.

I'm glad Katana's been found. I would urge you to either take Aly's invitation for tips on how to keep her contained, or find a rescue for her.

:( Over the whole situation.

dukedogsmom
09-28-2004, 04:42 PM
Maybe now she'll find a real good home.

Samantha Puppy
09-28-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by micki76
I have to agree with Catboy on this. Perhaps it could have been worded a little less harsh? IDK.
It was my opinion. If I was being harsh you all would know it, trust me. I was merely making a point, much the same way as many other people who had something to say about the situation. However, if this means that I should keep my opinions to myself on a public forum so as not to ruffle anyone's feathers, so be it. But maybe, just maybe, he will actually see my point one day and turn out to be a more responsible pet owner whereas had I merely coddled him, he wouldn't have learned a thing. Also, like DJFyrewolf36, I'm curious to know what he expected everyone's reaction to be when he announced his dog had run off but due to his age, there was not much he could do about it.

micki76
09-28-2004, 05:57 PM
It was my opinion. If I was being harsh you all would know it, trust me. I was merely making a point, much the same way as many other people who had something to say about the situation. However, if this means that I should keep my opinions to myself on a public forum so as not to ruffle anyone's feathers, so be it. But maybe, just maybe, he will actually see my point one day and turn out to be a more responsible pet owner whereas had I merely coddled him, he wouldn't have learned a thing. Also, like DJFyrewolf36, I'm curious to know what he expected everyone's reaction to be when he announced his dog had run off but due to his age, there was not much he could do about it.

Absolutely nothing wrong with your opinion, or with stating it. It just came across a bit harsh to me. :) Sometimes, how someone says something can make all the difference in whether it's actually heard.

Samantha Puppy
09-28-2004, 06:00 PM
Very true, and point taken. I have never been able to sugar-coat my opinions (even if I should). It's just not in me. My friends are always on my case for being blunt and brutally honest, but I can't help it. I feel it makes more of an impact and could mean a change is more likely than trying to be all sweet and nice and getting walked all over... <shrug>

I didn't write it to sound harsh, I just wrote what I thought. :)

KYS
09-28-2004, 06:00 PM
I am so glad that Katana was found.
Thank you for letting us know.

K9soul
09-28-2004, 06:09 PM
I have to say I think Aly's approach here is the best one and very commendable. She is offering all the help she can that is in Kitana's best interest and an invitation to learn more. I know all people are different, but I know when I was young I would have been far more likely to withdraw and retreat from someone trying to teach me using harsh words and criticism, and much more likely to listen and learn from someone who was kind and supportive.

A lot of younger people's feelings and beliefs come from how they have been taught by the adults in their lives. They can learn better ways, but if they feel verbally attacked it is more likely they will throw up their defensive walls and the true message of what you might want to teach is lost. I shouldn't just say young people because I believe a lot of people are this way, of all ages. What if Catboy took Aly's message to heart because he didn't feel threatened, and he learned something from her? Then she will have done the most for both him, Kitana, and maybe any future pets he has as well.

This is not intended as admonishment for anyone, but hopefully just a different viewpoint to consider. I know sometimes I don't think of other viewpoints until someone points something out, but I think it's very important to try to be open to them. This is certainly not in any way a claim on my part that I always make the right judgement calls ;)

I think it did actually take some courage to come back and let us know about Kitana after knowing how it upset us. I'm glad he did though. I'm very glad to know she is safe now.

pitc9
09-29-2004, 08:16 AM
I am glad to hear your dog is safe.

I hope you talk to Aly and find her a good home if your family can't take care of her anymore.

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-29-2004, 08:44 AM
I am glad that Kitana is safe. I hope that you and your family will do what is best for her, whether it be that she stays with you or that she is rehomed.

DJFyrewolf36
09-29-2004, 12:46 PM
I too am glad the pup is safe! I hope that Kitana will be either re-homed to someone who can care for her or that (a better thing in my opinion) Catboys family will be willing to care for her. I agree K9. Unfortuneatly some of us have been put into situations where you have to smack someone with a 2 X 4 to get the point across :D Its hard to break the habbit of being blunt, trust me I know. Ive gotten in trouble quite a bit becuse of it :o