PDA

View Full Version : Snappy Gum - aaarrrrggghhhh

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-28-2004, 01:11 PM
HE'S DRIVING ME INSANE!!!!

My boss is here and he's snapping his gum. Even though he's in his office, the sound comes through loud and clear. This is one of my all time pet peeves and it's just absolutely driving me nuts! I can't concentrate on anything, all I hear is snap...snap snap....snap....snap snap.....aaarrrrggghhhh And the bad news is that even though he's had the same piece of gum for hours now, he doesn't care if it gets stale and he'll be doing this ALL afternoon!

<runs away frantically pulling hair out>CALGON, TAKE ME AWAY - PLEEEEEASE!!!!

Oh, and I might mention that he is an expert at gum snapping and seems to do it on purpose. I hate it when people do that!

teenster3
09-28-2004, 01:13 PM
HAHAHA......I'm glad I'm not the only one to feel your pain! I hate that too!:rolleyes: Too bad you can't wear headphones!!!:)

micki76
09-28-2004, 01:38 PM
LOL, I'd give you a breakdown. I"m always popping my gum. :) :p

But when it gets stale, it's time for a fresh piece. Old gum is just gross.

snappy
09-28-2004, 01:42 PM
Well - by my screen name you would think I always snap. I had to play a charater in a dinner theater play one time that 'snapped' her gum all the time - and I learned how.....now I can't un-learn! :eek:

But I don't chew on a regular basis and when I do - the minute I think the gum is going stale - 5 minutes max - it is into the trash. Sorry for your pain T&P's Mom!

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-28-2004, 01:48 PM
OHHH O feel for you. My hubby does that, and the more I beg him to stop, the louder he gets. Now I just don't buy gum any more.

My other peeve is people who constantly crack their knuckles and fingers - it creeps me out!!

DJFyrewolf36
09-28-2004, 01:48 PM
I have a medical perscription to chew gum :D (long story, has to do with my ears though) but I sure don't snap!

I'd tell the boss to take his snapping elsewhere lol

Edwina's Secretary
09-28-2004, 01:53 PM
I think people who snap or crack their gum within hearing range of anyone else should be beaten with sticks.....

DJFyrewolf36
09-28-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
I think people who snap or crack their gum within hearing range of anyone else should be beaten with sticks.....

Ive got a pair of sticks :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-28-2004, 02:16 PM

So Sara, why don't you tell us how you really feel about gum snappers. :D :D

The last time he did this I couldn't take it anymore. He asked me to get a file from the file cabinet. I told him I'd only do it if he spit his gum out. He said "why, is it irritating you?" .....I could have used those sticks.....:rolleyes:

I've never learned how to do that. I've tried, just so I could purposely irritate a certain someone (not my boss), but if once you learn you can't stop, I'm glad I never figured it out.

nibblets
09-28-2004, 04:03 PM
Gum snapping is one of the absolute most annoying sounds on the face of the Earth. I truly think it could drive a person to kill.

'Sorry Judge....but she was snapping her gum.'
*bam* 'Case closed...the Defendant was justified in committing this act.'

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-28-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
My other peeve is people who constantly crack their knuckles and fingers - it creeps me out!!

Lmao... I saw that and immediately cracked mine... *oops*

Jods
09-28-2004, 04:30 PM
sorry guys, i'm guilty of both but, not in public though... at home...

Tonya
09-28-2004, 08:32 PM
I would say something. When I was quitting smoking, I became a chronic gum snapper. I chewed and snapped all day long without realizing. When my co-worker finally brought it to my attention, I stopped immediately.

micki76
09-28-2004, 08:35 PM

*must remember this about Sara* :D