PDA

View Full Version : Dog Found After Seven Years!!! YAY!

QueenScoopalot
09-28-2004, 11:29 AM
http://212.2.162.45/news/story.asp?j=118740728&p=yy874y434&n=118741488

A couple spoke of their delight today at being reunited with their dog who went missing seven years ago.

Rosie the lurcher disappeared from Chris and Rosie Keeble’s garden in Creeting St Mary, near Stowmarket, Suffolk, in 1997.

In a bid to track her down Mr and Mrs Keeble put posters up in shop windows and followed up possible sightings across the county.

But after months of desperate searching the couple resigned themselves to the loss of their pet who they thought they would never see again.

But on Wednesday to their amazement they received a phone call to say Rosie had been found alive and well more than 25 miles away in Essex.

“I still can’t believe it’s her. When we got her home I just burst out crying,” said Mrs Keeble.

“I thought we had lost her for good. We spend months and months looking for her. We put posters up in every single shop in the area and we had phone calls from people who had seen her but every time we went to find her she had already gone.

“After three or four years we just thought, well, we have to get on with our life so it was a total surprise when we had a phone call saying she had turned up.”

Mrs Keeble, 67, who now has two other dogs, Babe a German shepherd and Sam a collie/retriever cross, said two children had taken her to a vet after finding her standing in the middle of a road in South Woodham Ferrers, near Chelmsford.

The identity of the dog and her owners was revealed when the vet scanned the dog’s chip.

“We have no idea where she has been. She has obviously been with someone who has fed and looked after her. We think maybe she has been with gypsies and been used for hunting rabbits and then when she got older and slower they let her go again.

Mrs Keeble said other than having aged a bit and gone deaf, the 11-year-old dog is just the same as ever.

“She was very traumatised and tired when we got her home. I gave her a good meal and she slept for 24 hours. But she is fitting back in really nicely and getting on well with the other dogs.”

Mr Keeble, 64, said they were looking forward to pampering their old companion and taking her on plenty of walks.

“She is an old lady now and we are looking forward to looking after her in her old age,” he said.

Logan
09-28-2004, 11:47 AM
What a happy ending after all those years!!!! :)

kimlovescats
09-28-2004, 11:51 AM
What a beautiful story .... but no pics!!!:( ;)

Jods
09-28-2004, 12:04 PM
this may be a stupid question but would the dog remeber them??