PDA

View Full Version : Animal Abuse?

Cincy'sMom
09-28-2004, 11:24 AM
I was just browing the Melborne (Fl) newspaper to check out some of their photos from the hurricane, and found this. The pictures is kinda funny, but is it really very nice to use to dog to illustrate the wind?!?

http://www.floridatoday.com/galleries/news/092804jeannereaders7/092804jeannereaders7120.jpg

Tonya
09-28-2004, 11:30 AM
Haha! That is a funny picture, but I think you are right...That's not very nice! I suppose as long as the dog doesn't blow away it isn't animal abuse? That's about how my dogs look when we drive and they seem content.

Samantha Puppy
09-28-2004, 12:32 PM
I don't think it's abuse, so long as they're taking precautions to keep their dog from being hurt or getting loose. If that's abuse, allowing Samantha to stick her head out of the window of the car is also abuse.

teenster3
09-28-2004, 12:50 PM
I don't think they were using the dog for that, do you?!
It does remind me looking at Wicket & Waffles sticking their heads wayyyy out of the car window!!!!;)

4 Dog Mother
09-28-2004, 02:13 PM
I am not sure how strong the winds were at that point but I would think that if you were taking a dog out and weren't pretty sure that he would not blow over, which that dog does not look to be a very big dog, that while it may not be abuse it might not be a very kind thing to do especially to just get a picture.

Cincy'sMom
09-28-2004, 04:19 PM
I was joking when I titled the thread animal abuse. The caption on the picture said the winds were about 50 miles per hour at the point and that the owner wanted to illustrate to their family in Colorado what it was like in Florida. I just thought it was funny and "mean" at the same time..."mean" like making your dog wear silly costumes or do silly tricks. Should have exlplaing myself better :)

Miss Meow
09-28-2004, 04:40 PM
It's a bit mean but I had to laugh as it reminded me of last time I met with Captain at the beach. I got the hounds out of the car and the wind was so strong their huge ears were standing skywards and I thought they were going to take flight :D

captain
09-28-2004, 05:18 PM
Nicole,

I remember THAT moment ........:D