PDA

View Full Version : She's Pregnant...Gee, What a Shock

dukedogsmom
09-27-2004, 09:34 PM
Yep, Britney Spears is pregnant. Says it's a dream come true :rolleyes: I don't get it. I can't believe she would want to rush to be a mom so young. She isn't even grown up yet. But, even if she does change her mind about the kid, wouldn't really matter because they'll probably be raised by a bunch of servants anyway.
oops (http://entertainment.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4459,10890865%255E7484%255E%255Enbv,00.html)

Cookiebaker
09-27-2004, 10:01 PM
Yea, I'd be proud of a Mom that looked like that.

*not*

:rolleyes:

Karen
09-27-2004, 10:02 PM
Now, Val, 22 is not THAT young! Remember that everyone is special to someone, even if we may not agree with her choices. Maybe - there's always a hope - motherhood will "ground" her somewhat. It does that to some people. And, here I am being hopelessly old-fashioned - at least she got married to the guy, maybe it'll work out for a least a while. We know how (sadly) much influence she has on the lives of some young women ...

slick
09-27-2004, 11:01 PM
According to the Smoking Gun the wedding was fake and I saw a newscast on this tonight.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0924042_britney_spears_1.html

PJ's Mom
09-27-2004, 11:20 PM
It's kind of sad when one has to resort to such thing just to get attention. :rolleyes:

lizzielou742
09-27-2004, 11:40 PM
Divorce in 5...4...3...2...

http://wbli.com/images/morningshow/britneybarefoot.jpg

Kfamr
09-27-2004, 11:58 PM
*vomits -- spews*

gini
09-28-2004, 01:23 AM
Oh, you guys aren't bashing poor sweet lil ol Britney are you?;)

KayAnn, you got some of that ON MY POST!!:D

Aspen and Misty
09-28-2004, 07:35 AM
I can see it now

"Mommy, why did you go to the award shows on time almost compltly naked?"

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Geez, I feel bad for the child!

Ash

DJFyrewolf36
09-28-2004, 09:28 AM
What-ev-errrr :rolleyes:

Geez, what a sticky situation...

Tonya
09-28-2004, 11:04 AM
I don't think she is to young to be a mother. I think she is to stupid to be a mother. She's always irritated the hell out of me because she went from "I want to save it for marriage" type of girl to "I'll do anything for attention" type. It makes me think she is so phony. Sadly enough, most Hollywood marriages don't work. I highly doubt hers will under the circumstances. She stole him from another woman, got pregnant right away, and married to soon.

snappy
09-28-2004, 01:57 PM
Britney is trying to follow in Madonna's footsteps, but she doesn't have the brains for it. I feel sorry for the baby - raised by strangers, will have how many half siblings?!

It is sad that children and pets bear the brunt of our own stupidity!

micki76
09-28-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by snappy
It is sad that children and pets bear the brunt of our own stupidity!

Amen, snappy!

animal_rescue
09-28-2004, 04:49 PM
hmm, I've always liked Britney Spears... I do agree though she's too young! I know I don't want kids till I'm 30 to say the least:p

Tina
09-28-2004, 05:04 PM
I don't think 22 is too young to have kids. The poor kid will be raised by nannies and other people. Do you really think she will raise this kid on her own? Yeah, right! She is too stupid and childish to have a kid right now.

catnapper
09-28-2004, 05:54 PM
Hmmm... Even though she's 22 years old in biological years, it seems to be that she's only 15 in emotional years. She'd, like, really, like, into herself and, like, would never be able to handle, like, the responsibilities of being a mama. :rolleyes:

Uabassoon
09-28-2004, 05:57 PM
I don't really like Britney Spears, in fact I don't like her at all. But who knows how she will be as a mother. Madonna was considered wild and crazy and I think she is a great mother. Angelina Jolie was also thought to be a wild person and now I think she is one of the most amazing mothers. So you never know, children can really change a person.

Karen
09-28-2004, 05:58 PM
I am not saying this because of any particular affection for Brittany Spears.

Please remember that each and every person deserves to be treated as a special person, which they surely are to someone.

Someone's celebrity status does not mean he or she is immune from the rules of Pet Talk. Even in the Dog House, we should remember to be kind.

RICHARD
09-28-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
So you never know, children can really change a person.

I think you have it backwards....

Us adults are supposed to change the children.
;) :)

caseysmom
09-28-2004, 06:47 PM
Kids for sure change us and our outlooks on life. It is much like loving a pet (if you feel that special bond) you want nothing bad to happen and the instinct to protect just kicks in.

leslie
10-01-2004, 11:32 PM
I like, you know, really, like agree with Richard on this one, you know. Like, I think he is right.
Ås far as being kind to others; we are talking about a "musical star" here and I don't see that anyone is offended by the opionions on whether or not she is of maturity to handle a child? Am I missing something? there was no mention of being kind to others in the Dog House during other issues regarding global warming and others opines!
PS I do worry about the geese in alaska should bush get his oil plan way! (oops)

carole
10-02-2004, 12:05 AM
I don't think Britany is too young either, I was 24 when I had my first child, it really does depend on the person, how mature they are, for me having a child I just suddenly grew up overnight, not that I was a silly young woman anyhow, but I sure as heck matured a lot having my son, maybe Britany will too, lets face it, none of us really know her, what she really is like, all the stuff you read is often untrue, and for publicity, however I don't like any woman who steals another's man.

leslie
10-02-2004, 12:12 AM
Age in and of itself has zero to do with ability to raise children, on that all would agree! I think people on this thread are not really looking at her age althought it is mentioned (i think it is mentioned more as a byline). She is not done sowing her wild oats and yes a baby may calm her down. I would hate to be her test baby myself.

Tonya
10-02-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
I don't really like Britney Spears, in fact I don't like her at all. But who knows how she will be as a mother. Madonna was considered wild and crazy and I think she is a great mother. Angelina Jolie was also thought to be a wild person and now I think she is one of the most amazing mothers. So you never know, children can really change a person.

That is a very good point. I would have never imagined Madonna or Angelina being a mother. Motherhood can really change a woman.

Tonya
10-02-2004, 01:01 AM
P.S. My stepmom was 14 when she became pregnant with my stepbrother, 15 when she had him. Her parents forced her to take responsibility and the father ran off. My stepmom was to young to be a mother, but she grew up fast. She balanced school, work, and my brother and was a very good mom. I still think it is crappy how she missed out on her childhood though.

leslie
10-02-2004, 10:38 PM
I think my own personal frustration comes out when I see (in my work) young women having babies unprepared and then just let mom or grandma raise them (which is sometimes a good idea and sometimes a BAD idea- parents and grandparents often resent caring for the babies and toddlers of their own children). And sometimes the home they are passed to is a drug passing place cuz the parent are not wise enough to see the signs. this puts the babies and kids at risk. As far as rich people go, madonna waited, Angelina is in her late 30's, Christine Applegate JUST got married and talks about how it's important to wait. I have been working with senior citizens for a long time, and mostly women. I can't tell you how many times I have heard about dreams to be nurses, teachers, etc, "but my husband knocked me up and that was that!" And they don't resent the life they did have, they just wonder how their lives would have been different!

catfancier
10-09-2004, 11:12 PM
Being only a few months older than Britney, I can't imagine how she can be ready and prepared for such an event.
I've been with my guy for almost 4 1/2 years, we have a steady, solid relationship, but we are not married, and there is NO WAY that either of us are ready for children, however we are planning to have them once we:
a) OWN a house,
b) are married, and
c) are both in our 30's.

We've decided that we need to have steady, well-paying jobs and be financially stable before anything like that happens. Also I know that neither of us are emotionally mature enough to cope with looking after such an important person. (That's why pets are great to have - they help in your training for kids because they're completely reliant on you!)
To me, a baby would be the most important person in my life once they are alive. I am too selfish (and I know it) at the moment not to put myself first.

I just can't see how Britney could reasonably cope with the demands that a baby would put on her, her life, her relationship with Kevin, and her career. Sure, she has a massive support network, but just please - consider putting THE BABY FIRST!

kingrattus
10-09-2004, 11:26 PM
I cannot stand the girl... I see her stupid photos daily in the lunchroom in mag.'s

But 22 isn't too young.. Anything over 21 is fine... If all goes well I plan to start next summer or sooner & I'll be 23 in Aug.

The important thing, is that u have a stable job, enough money for everything & + some & u have the time to even care for a child or 2 (twins run in Rob's side) & with Rob's pay, we'll be just fine

carole
10-09-2004, 11:27 PM
Rochelle it is really good to read where a young person as yourself, has really thought their future out, and recognises that they are not ready yet for that responsiblity, unfortunately there are far too many who do not, and they donot have the money or resources young Britany has, lets face it, she can afford a full-time nanny is she so desires, infact she has probably earned enough to retire if she so chose.

However you often read how children of celebritys never see their parents, so I guess that is the downside of being their offspring.

Britany does not appear to be very mature, but then we only see that side of her portrayed, perhaps she will be a really good mother, who knows.

I guess there are far worse things , than being Britany's child, at least they will never want for anything, and may have the love and attention they need as well, many children in this world have a far worse fate.

leslie
10-09-2004, 11:46 PM
Catfancier! hang on to your values! Are you in school? your profile says a wanna be vet something?
Having a child is more than enough money and the right "age". It has to do with feeling settled. For life. Lots of people think they are settled enough to have a child till the baby comes, then WHAM! BYE BYE! Parent (Dads and moms often leave responsibities with parents, other partner, aunts and uncles.) This is not to Cat fancier- In fact, This won't happen to Cat Fancier because she is making plans to make sure she has financial and emotional security in place before she brings a new one in! Gosh knows there are plenty brought in that get little attention or parental guidance (I work with adults with Mental illness and some have kids...)
Cat Fancier- you can be a role model here!!!

catfancier
10-10-2004, 12:02 AM
*blush*

leslie
10-10-2004, 12:30 AM
nothing wrong with a good blush! I am sure it is becoming on you! You deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sirrahved
10-10-2004, 04:41 AM
I'm going to agree with the majority when I say that age has nothing to do with the capabilities of a person when it comes to raising a child. My husband and I are waiting for God to bless us with a little one.

I will refrain from saying anything about Britney. I can't say that I know anything about her outside of her random publicity stunts.

I WILL say, however, that I hope she quits smoking!

dukedogsmom
10-10-2004, 06:09 AM
When I posted this, I wasn't talking about age really. And some of you forget that not everyone has those mothering instincts. You hear about it all the time on the news. It's kind of obvious it wasn't planned. All her servants will be the child's role models, not her because she won't be around. Yeah, it would be really easy to have a child if you had lots of people to help you with it. More people would be having them if that were the case. Though, I still wouldn't.

kingrattus
10-10-2004, 09:13 AM
Daycare & Teachers

These people r our servants.

They wont be mine, I can raise a kid just fine. I'm not even sure if all of u even understand my point.

I'll try to explain.
Alot of parents now adays not teaching their kids anything, the children learn EVERYTHING at daycares & school. The kids litterly run wild at home or r medicated because they r being kids (running around screaming, etc.). The poor teachers & daycares have to teach the kids how to tie their shoes, what is right & wrong, & disapline the children cause the parents wont do any of that.
Get it???

puppyluvs
10-12-2004, 05:47 PM
It depends on the person if they are too young...Britney is too young...!!! no doubt...One the other had I have a niece that has a child and is mature enough to handle every bit of it...so you see it just depends !!!!

CathyBogart
10-13-2004, 01:27 PM
As Val said, she wasn't taking a crack at Britney's age, but about the type of environment the child is going to grow up in.

lizzielou742
10-13-2004, 02:21 PM
I don't think it's about age, it's about maturity. I have 20, 21, 22 year old friends who already have kids. They can handle it just fine. I think in order to determine whether Britney is mature enough, you'd have to know her.

By the way, this story seems to have kind of died out in the media. Wondering if it's true?

Regardless, here is an article I saw on her today:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=765&e=16&u=/nm/people_spears_dc

Spears Says She Wants to Be Britney Federline

BERLIN (Reuters) - American pop star Britney Spears (news) said on Wednesday she wants to change her name after marrying 26-year-old dancer Kevin Federline last month.

"I probably will, Britney Federline, I like that," Spears, 22, told Germany's Bunte magazine. "Society probably won't allow me but I would like to change it."

Spears, who has sold more than 60 million albums since she shot to fame in 1999, became the first female performer in the history of Billboard magazine to have her first three albums open at No. 1 on the pop album chart.

The star who earlier this year married a former high school sweetheart in Las Vegas before having that marriage annulled three days later also told Bunte she hopes to start having children soon.

"There are a few things I want to take care of this year before I have my baby," she said.

"I'd love to have a baby already. But I've got to take care of some things first ... I want to become a mother. I'm crazy about children ... next year, when I'm 23 I'll be ready."

PJ's Mom
10-13-2004, 02:57 PM
I was 19 when I had my first child. Looking back I see a lot of things I could have done better, but I also realize that having a baby really makes you grow up quickly!

carole
10-13-2004, 07:23 PM
To say Britany would not be mature enough to be a good mother, is a little unkind and unfounded really, because as Lizzielou pointed out , not one of us really knows her, only what the media tells us, and most of that is just hype and probably untrue.

Only time will tell, as I said before I can think of worse things than having Britany for a mother can't you?

dukedogsmom
10-14-2004, 11:27 AM
I agree. Now stating this for at least the second time: It wasn't about age It's because she's so flaky and irresponsible. I think it was just another thing to keep her in the news also. She hasn't had anything out on the radio for a while now. She had to do something.

carole
10-14-2004, 03:17 PM
With respect, that is how the media portrays Britany, she has a strong following of young pre-teen and teen girls, they hardly want her to be a fuddy duddy and act too grown up, she could be a better role model though considering her age group following.

Not one of us know her personally, and whether you love her or hate her, we are only judging her by what the media is telling us, and showing us, deep down Britany might be a different individual altogether with maturity we just have not seen , I will give her the benefit of the doubt and hope so for any child she brings into the world.

dukedogsmom
10-14-2004, 03:30 PM
I agree to strongly disagree with you.

carole
10-14-2004, 03:40 PM
I am curious why you so strongly disagree with me?

Are you basing your opinions solely on what the media prints about Britany or do you know something i don't? curious?;)

carole
10-14-2004, 07:15 PM
First off I would like to say I AM NOT A FAN of Britany, I have no liking for her as an entertainer, but I just don't feel I can judge someone I don't know that harshly.

As you pointed out these are PUBLICITY STUNTS, something many entertainers do , not just Britany.

In the real world and in Hollywood there are many unfit, immature parents, so she is not on her own there.

Besides from what I gather she is NOT even Pregnant.

Even if it is the truth , that she is as immature as she appears, that does not automatically going to make her a bad mother, I have known many young people, who until they had a child were just that, and the change in them is dramatic.

dukedogsmom
10-14-2004, 07:30 PM
Guess we're beating a dead horse. How in the world are we supposed to know her by other than the press? And all the bad press over all the years is all false? Yeah, right. If you want to have the last word, go ahead and reply, but this is it for me.

carole
10-14-2004, 07:35 PM
I am disappointed you see it that way Dukesdogsmom, I thought we were having a discussion or debate, with different view points, that is all, pity you have such a closed mind on this, ah well, no problem. You have your opinion and you are sticking to it, nothing wrong with that.:)

IttyBittyKitty
10-15-2004, 09:35 AM
I think Britney Spears lacks class and elegance.