PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here on the South Beach diet?

Christiansmommy
09-27-2004, 06:39 PM
I just got my book, and i plan to start it tomorrow. My Aunt has lost like 20 lbs...so i know it works. Anyway, just curious if anyone else here is on it? I am psyched to start it!!

Robyn

caseysmom
09-27-2004, 07:17 PM
No but I want to try it...does that count:D

Logan
09-27-2004, 08:07 PM
I'm having a bit of trouble understanding why you need this, Robyn, seriously! I've seen your pictures, and you definitely don't look like you need a diet!!! :eek:

PJ's Mom
09-27-2004, 08:24 PM
My mom's been on it for the last 3 weeks and lost 5 lbs the first week. :)

Aspen and Misty
09-27-2004, 08:30 PM
Where do I sign up!!

Ash ;)

Tonya
09-27-2004, 11:08 PM
I have heard that it's a pretty good diet, especially compared to Atkins. It's more balanced nutritionally. I have never tried it though. You'll have to let me know how it works for you. I'm sure I'll need it after the baby is born.

Christiansmommy
09-28-2004, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Logan
I'm having a bit of trouble understanding why you need this, Robyn, seriously! I've seen your pictures, and you definitely don't look like you need a diet!!! :eek:

Thank you, Logan, :) but i have put on probably 20 lbs. since i got married, in April 1998. I was probably under weight at my wedding, so i want to lose like 15 lbs. And being that i had gestational diabetes when i was pregnant with Christian, it will be a healthy way of life for me. I don't have diabetes now, but if i watch myself, i can help to prevent it when i get older. We may want to have a second child, and i am hoping, if i go into the pregnancy being healthier, i may not even get the gestational diabetes again. Anyway, thanks for the nice compliment, though ;) :D

LorraineO
09-28-2004, 09:10 AM
I dont do diets,,, I do my own thing,,, I cut out fats and cut down on chlesterols bigtime,,, 2 yrs later,, I weigh 147 lbs less then what I started at! Yay me!!!:D :D :D

Christiansmommy
09-28-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by LorraineO
I dont do diets,,, I do my own thing,,, I cut out fats and cut down on chlesterols bigtime,,, 2 yrs later,, I weigh 147 lbs less then what I started at! Yay me!!!:D :D :D

Wow, that is great!! Congratulations! Obviously, doing whatever works for you, has certainly gotten you results!

Edwina's Secretary
09-28-2004, 09:52 AM
My husband has been on South Beach for about a year now. He has lost over 50 lbs. I find it incredibly boring to be honest. It take the fun out of cooking and eating out for me.....

Tonya
09-28-2004, 10:46 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

LorraineO
09-28-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
My husband has been on South Beach for about a year now. He has lost over 50 lbs. I find it incredibly boring to be honest. It take the fun out of cooking and eating out for me.....

see thats my point exactly!!! You can lose weight and cook wonderfully imaginative meals!!!! go to the internet,, look up low fat recipes!! they are great!!! and you wont feel like youre dieting,,, Gawd,, I hate that word,,, dieting,,, DIE ins in that word for a reason,,,:D

and thanks all.. I have a few more lbs to go yet!!!!

teenster3
09-28-2004, 01:05 PM
Isn't that like the Atkins Diet?
Only you get eat more vegetables & stuff.
I JUST CAN"T STICK TO A SPECIFIC DIET!!!
I want to lose about 80 lbs. but......I'm terrible at losing weight!
I HATE exercising & dieting!:p

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-28-2004, 01:14 PM

That is AMAZING!! Well done!

Christiansmommy
09-28-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by teenster3
Isn't that like the Atkins Diet?
Only you get eat more vegetables & stuff.
I JUST CAN"T STICK TO A SPECIFIC DIET!!!
I want to lose about 80 lbs. but......I'm terrible at losing weight!
I HATE exercising & dieting!:p

It is a modified version of Atkins. A healthier version, where you not only watch carbs, but the diet helps improve cholesterol...it allows good carbs, unlike atkins, which doesn't allow any carbs...