PDA

View Full Version : Question about Kitty Litter Cake

QueenScoopalot
09-27-2004, 04:44 PM
My friends birthday is Thurs. and I'm making a kitty litter cake for her! I had a question about the "white sandwich cookies"...are these the ones with the vanilla gunk in the middle (like Oreos)? If so, how many do I use? I bought a package with two rows of white cookies, and a row of mock Oreos. It's like 2LBS in all. My question is (if these are the right ones) how many cookies do I crumble in a food processor? I finally found a store that carries the full sized Tootsie Rolls after a long search. I have the tiny ones, but thought the huge ones would be more...ummm..appealing..as her cats are all huge! LOL!:eek: :D :p I can't wait to see how this comes out, and to see her reaction! :D

slick
09-27-2004, 04:52 PM
Jan, I didn't know how many to use either so I ground up one full package (about 30 cookies). Note: because of the filling, it made quite a mess of my food processor and cleanup was NOT a breeze.

Good luck and post pictures if you can.

QueenScoopalot
09-27-2004, 04:56 PM
Thanks Slick! At least I have a number to go by now...now I need to use a friends food processor. I wonder if it can be done with heavy food storage bags, and a hammer? Certainly less mess that way! :confused: :confused: ;)

Tiah
09-27-2004, 05:01 PM
I don't know the answer to your question, but i do have a suggestion ;)

For the tootsie rolls, I just stuck them in the microwave until they melted, then (with gloves so I wouldn't burn myself) I to a slob of the melted toostie, and rolled it in my hands. It looks almost too real, if I may say so myself ;)

Tonya
09-27-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
Thanks Slick! At least I have a number to go by now...now I need to use a friends food processor. I wonder if it can be done with heavy food storage bags, and a hammer? Certainly less mess that way! :confused: :confused: ;)

That is what I did. I put it in a bag...much cleaner. The beauty of the kitty litter cake is that you can't mess it up. I use a full package of the white oreo type cookie, but it'll work out fine no matter what.

The problem I always have is getting the teal colored litter chunks. I always mix green and blue food coloring, but it never comes out quite right.