PDA

View Full Version : Good News from Delidog

4 Dog Mother
09-27-2004, 11:39 AM
Just got off the phone with Nicole. They came through another storm okay. Had a few shingles blown off the roof but other than that everything seems all right. Has no electric or phone service yet. (Her cell phone had only just started working 20 minutes before - I was the second person to get through to her)

She attributes their safety to the fact that they have no large trees close to the house and John keeps the limbs and branches cleaned up from what they do have. Most of the homes in their neighborhood had damage due to trees falling in on roofs. A neighbor around the corner has had his house condemned because the roof fell in and the drywall is wet and falling apart. Her mother is stuck in her house (Although no damage to it) due to flood waters.

She said it sounded like a freight train over the house. The dogs however did not seem real concerned except when meal time came.

Has anyone heard from Fox-Gal or KBlaix?

CathyBogart
09-27-2004, 12:22 PM
That's great news, thanks for keeping us up to date. :)

Tonya
09-27-2004, 12:40 PM
Good news! I am glad to hear that they made it through safely.

NoahsMommy
09-27-2004, 12:41 PM
Very good news! :)

dukedogsmom
09-27-2004, 12:46 PM
That's good to hear. I always worry because we've got huge trees all around our house. I'm going to call Libby(FoxGal) either later tonight or tomorrow. I doubt she'll have service as she lives in the boonies. Our power went out this morning and I think our phones aren't working. Every time I try to call home, it goes straight to voice mail. My cell phone barely works.

ramanth
09-27-2004, 01:36 PM
Glad to hear Nicole and Val are okay. Hoping to hear from the rest of the Floridians. :)

Randi
09-27-2004, 02:54 PM
Thanks for keeping us posted. It's great to hear that Nicole and family came though this one as well. :) Everyone in Florida really have been through trials and tribulations this summer. :eek:

Hoping to hear updates that everybody is safe - including the furkids!!

We're thinking of you and sending positive vibes! :)

ChrisH
09-27-2004, 03:38 PM
Diana, thanks so much for letting us know that Nicole is ok. Thank God she, and you too, Val, came through safe. :) Hoping and praying everyone else did too.

Chris

Miss Meow
09-27-2004, 04:02 PM
I'm glad Nicole, John and the furkids are OK :)

Can't wait to hear from everyone else to make sure they're allright.

Cincy'sMom
09-27-2004, 04:39 PM
Glad to hear to Nicole and the fam are okay. I had been debating calling her,not kowing if they would have service yet or not.

delidog
09-27-2004, 08:50 PM
I have only Limited Time....as we are on a Generator...and Phone lines are working Few & Far Between....

Diana...4 DogMother .....Thank You for your Concern.....You were the 2nd phone call that I was able to receive....First was my Brother Darin... And Your Call meant So Much!!!!
You Guys are The BEST!!!!!

And A Big Thank You!!!!! To All you Pet Talkers!!! For showing your Thoughts,Prayers, and Hopes for Us!!!!!
You Guys are Great!!!

4DogMom was correct......The biggest damage in our area was people who did not Clean All Projectiles from their Yard!!!
So Frustrating!!!! So Selfish....I have seen Peoples' Lawn Furniture in Other Peoples' Windows....Because It Was Left Outside!!!!! Stupid!!!!

Gotta Go Now....no Time left!!

Hugs & Treats to All!!!!
Nicole
A.K.A. Delidog!!!

P.S.
Lots of Hugs to My Aussie Friends Too!!!
Captain,Nicole
Hug

anna_66
09-27-2004, 10:27 PM
Glad to hear that you are ok and didn't get blown away this time!
Hugs to you all.

I hope the rest of you faired as well.

Cincy'sMom
09-27-2004, 10:29 PM
Good to see you back, if only for a limited time. Hope your electric and phones are restored soon!!

slick
09-27-2004, 11:13 PM
Prayers coming from me to all the residents of SouthEast US who have had to endure these ugly storms and I pray that it's no too long before you get your lives on track again.

I mentioned in another thread about a TV show I saw tonight. The devastation brought tears to my eyes because I can't even imagine what it must be like to lose your home and all it's belongings.

captain
09-28-2004, 01:31 AM
Nicole,
Glad to see you are A-OK.

Fox-Gal - Val, any luck???
KBlaix?

Kay and Val, glad to see you guys are OK too!!! :)

delidog
09-28-2004, 05:41 AM
Captain!!!! And All Other Pet Talkers!!!!
The Whole Area is 'Spotted' with debris!! ;)
Just Kidding.....WE are Soooo Lucky....
If you look at the pics on the news,the Devastation is immeasureable.....
I don't know how the state can financially recoup from this,,,
So many Homeless....
The Local Rescue....dogsandcatsforever.com is devastated...they got hit hard during Frances....they got finished off this time...

So many people out of work....Most privately owned businesses are gone....that is so sad...I can't imagine having this happen....and then being told that I didn't have a job.....

The Whole Situation is Just Sad!!!!

What are the odds....
4 Hurricanes in a Month
2 that hit 3 Weeks apart...same Time of day,Same Day(Sat.Night.,Sun. Morning) The Eye of Storm Landing Right In The Exact Same Place!!!!!! 2 miles apart!!!!!
This is one for the history books!!!
Nicole

LorraineO
09-28-2004, 09:10 AM
Fannnnnfreakingtastic!!!!!!!!

dukedogsmom
09-28-2004, 10:00 AM
So sorry to hear about the rescue. That's really sad.

lovemyshiba
09-28-2004, 12:35 PM
Glad to hear you and the family are ok Nicole:)

Let's see, we've heard from Nicole, Val, Kayann--how about KBlaix, Fox-Gal, and CamCamPup??????

delidog
09-28-2004, 08:30 PM
Thats' what I was Thinking???

Is every Pet Talker in Fl. Alright????

Please Advise