PDA

View Full Version : Mina's first Weekend

mina'smomma
09-27-2004, 07:42 AM
Well so far everything is going ok. We can't seem to get Mina to use the litter box though. Instead she goes potty on my fiance's side of the bed.:eek: He was getting very fustrated with her and I had to sit and explain to him that she is only a baby and we may have to retrain her on somethings.

I have some real cute pictures of her, but I have to find my little cord and program disk so I can post them on here.

Any advice on how to get her to use the litter box.

sirrahbed
09-27-2004, 08:22 AM
oh my!:( I think the thing to try might be to confine her to a small area, such as one room or even a crate for awhile so that she learns that the litterbox is where she needs to "go". It may sound mean but better learn early than have a bigger problem on your hands. You can still let her out for supervised play and love times but keep her confined when you are unable to watch her - until she gets used yo using her box.
If you are able to actually catch her as she begins to go potty in the wrong place - you can growl or make some sort of loud noise and immediately bring her to her litter pan and then heap on the praise when she uses it:-)
Others may have some other suggestions!

catcrazylady
09-27-2004, 09:06 AM
Ah Oh! Not the greatest start but she is a baby. Sirrahbed's suggestions are what I would say too. Others who have had the same problem confined the babies until they learned to use the box.
Good luck!

catmandu
09-27-2004, 09:31 AM
You,will haveto re teach her,as she ,is so excited,being,in a New Place!You,might,have to confine her,as they do puppies,untilshe knows,where to go!

rg_girlca
09-27-2004, 12:27 PM
Debbie has said exactly what I would have.
Confining the little one to one area for a couple of weeks should do the trick.

Goos luck with Mina and can't wait to see pictures.:D

NoahsMommy
09-27-2004, 12:35 PM
We had to confine Phoebe a couple times when she was a kitten too. I think they just need constant reminding, like skin kids. ;)