PDA

View Full Version : Luna and Lily would like to tell you why...

Kirsten
09-27-2004, 06:06 AM
... their meowmie isn't around much at the moment:

To all the kitties and their devoted hoomans,

maybe you have noticed that our meowmie isn't posting much lately. She does feel bad about it because she thinks she's neglecting you, and she's missing alot of what's going on here, but there are many things going on in her life lately.

Sadly, her aunt has become seriously ill with stomach cancer and liver metastasis, and it looks like she has already reached her final state. She wishes to stay at home as long as possible, and our meowmie has decided - along with other family members - to care for her, which will mean she's spending time with her, cooking for her and do some errands.

When she's at home, she's busy with the PR for her parents' restaurant at the moment, which included the re-designing of their website, something she did most of the time last week. But there are more things to do, like designing a new menu and doing the marketing for the 2005 events.

And in the meantime, she's trying to finally finish the work on catmom.de (http://www.catmom.de/engl/), the website she's building to inform on our feline needs and on how we wish to be treated. ;)

So please don't think she's not talking to you because she doesn't want to, it's just that she's so busy and that she has to deal with a difficult family situation.

Thanks for listening,
Luna & Lily ,,,^..^,,,

nibblets
09-27-2004, 06:31 AM
Thank you for letting us know. I know the two of you will take extra good care of your meowmie and make her stop for scritchies and headbumps so that she doesn't work too hard.
She's awfully lucky to have you two around for company while she works.

catcrazylady
09-27-2004, 09:15 AM
We understand Kirsten. Sometimes things are so busy. I'm really sorry to hear about your Aunt. That is so sad. Prayers are on the way that things go as easy as possible for her. It's hard to care for someone who is terminally ill so you will be in my prayers also.

Just check in with us when you can so we get pictures of those gorgeous girls of yours.
Take care and we miss you!!

catmandu
09-27-2004, 09:24 AM
We ,understand Lily,and Luna,and as we know,that Our Humans get sick ,to,wedidnt have Our Dad,for the longest time! How is your Meowmies back,is it any better? Our Dads,is a little sore,we have to keep,out of his way!

DJFyrewolf36
09-27-2004, 09:31 AM
Remus here,

Hey, thanks Luna and Lilly fer postin that update, I wuz gettin worried bout you two! Prayerz go out frum me and my meowme fer yer meowmes aunt. Boy I know how havin a busy meowme is (especially with difficult hoooman situations), but dun worry things will get better!

With Headbumpies
Remus K. Maru

NoahsMommy
09-27-2004, 11:59 AM
Thanks Lily and Luna,

Please tell your meowmie that while we do miss her, we know she needs to be away at this time.

Please also tell her we're sorry about her aunt, but applaud her for taking such good care of her.

Love,
Kelly and the furkids :)

rg_girlca
09-27-2004, 01:10 PM
Thank you Luna and Lily for filling us in on what your meowmie has been going through. I am so sorry to hear about her aunt and I can relate to what it is like to take care of someone who is terminally ill. Prayers are on the way.

Take care of yourself Kirsten and know that we all understand why you haven't been here much, but it's good to know that you are able to check in now and then to give us updates and pictures of your precious Luna and Lily.

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-27-2004, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the update - you are such little angels! Give your Meowmie a hug from me, and tell her to look after HERSELF too OK??!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-27-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Please tell your meowmie that while we do miss her, we know she needs to be away at this time.

Please also tell her we're sorry about her aunt, but applaud her for taking such good care of her.

Couldn't have said it better, Kelly. :)

Kirsten, I'm so sorry about your Aunt, but it's wonderful that you're taking care of her. I know you and the rest of your family will treasure this time with her - even though it's a difficult time.:(

Kirsten
09-27-2004, 02:47 PM
Thanks everyone!!

Looks like things with my aunt are going faster than we all have expected. The plan we originally had (that my mother is caring for her in the morning, I around noon and her son in the evening) won't work because she's going downhill so quickly that she cannot be left alone for only a couple of minutes. She refuses to go to hospital or a nursing home, and my feeling is that there isn't much time left - she is sleeping a lot, does not eat anymore and barely talks, plus she's gotten very weak now. Her daughter, who usually lives in Paris, had originally planned to go back home today, but she has decided now to stay here for the rest of the week. That way, my aunt isn't alone during the night.

She told my mother this morning that her end was near, so I guess it's only a matter of time... :(

Kirsten