PDA

View Full Version : 2 Hurricane videos

dukedogsmom
09-26-2004, 07:54 PM
I didn't have much space on my card so there's one very small clip that I put with the second one. In the beginning, that's what it was doing earlier in the morning. The second part is around 2:30. I sure am glad it's mostly gone. There's still a lot of wind. Our neighbor had a huge pine tree uprooted. I think it's around 30ft tall. I'll get a pic of it tomorrow night when I get home. It was too rainy to do that today.

dukedogsmom
09-26-2004, 07:55 PM
This one is the clouds in my neighborhood tongiht. I can't believe how fast they were moving. Very ominous looking.

dukedogsmom
09-26-2004, 07:56 PM
Here's a gas station near my house. Don't know if you can see the water good but it's like a lake around those gas pumps.

sirrahbed
09-26-2004, 07:58 PM
oh my! Those are very scary looking videos! Similar to what I remember from tornado season in west Texas but WORSE! I am glad that you say the worst is over for you!! Those fast moving clouds-YIKES!:eek:

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-26-2004, 08:14 PM
I hope everyone in Florida will be okay! That looks scary, I'm so glad I don't live there:(. You could always make a trip up to Canada and get away from all those Hurricanes:P Fingers and Paws crossed for all of you:(

dukedogsmom
09-27-2004, 06:49 AM
Here's a pic of what a friend's sub division looks like.
http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=LL&Date=20040926&Category=PHOTOS&ArtNo=926003&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=8
We didn't lose power at all yesterday. My alarm went off this morning and then about 20 minutes later, power went off. That is weird. So, I sure hope it's back on when I get home. At least it's a little bit cooler. Power is off in a lot of places. So strange to see no lights at all at the major intersections. Thanks for everyone's concern. I hope the other people check in soon.

ramanth
09-27-2004, 10:12 AM
Scary! :(

Stay safe! *hugs*

BCBlondie
09-27-2004, 11:53 AM
Yikes! :eek: Glad you're okay!! Hopefully the hurricanes will stop soon. Stay safe!

NoahsMommy
09-27-2004, 11:56 AM
Oh my gosh! Those gave me goosebumps!!!

I'm so glad you're safe. :)

Chica
09-27-2004, 01:04 PM
Hi, Oh my God!! I hope everything is going to be okay?The NEWS says Jeanne is somewhere in Georgia. Still a threat to Florida!Per the news.

Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Here's a gas station near my house. Don't know if you can see the water good but it's like a lake around those gas pumps. :confused: :(

dukedogsmom
09-27-2004, 08:58 PM
Here's a better pic of the gas station. I had to drive sideways in the parking area to get the pic.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/927046.jpg