PDA

View Full Version : Shoe, cat, shoe!!

slick
09-26-2004, 02:43 PM
What is it with cats and shoes. Everytime I walk in the door, I take off my shoes and Max is over there like a dirty shirt sticking his nose in my stinky shoes. What's with that??:confused: I've been out all morning and just got home and as I write this Max is sitting beside my shoe sniffing.

Sometimes I will find him in my closet sleeping on my shoes. I little uncomfortable I would think. Maybe he's trying to tell me I need some odor-eaters....:eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

Edwina's Secretary
09-26-2004, 04:13 PM
It's a cat thing....Wolflady's Marius has a foot fetish and as I write....Edwina is buried deep in the bag of shoes I just prepared to throw out.....she seems to be in cat heaven!

NoahsMommy
09-26-2004, 04:18 PM
Basie & Noah used to be obsessed withour shoes as kittens, and would sleep in them, like Max.

They must like the "wild" scents that they aren't used to inside.

gini
09-27-2004, 12:42 AM
Slick this made me laugh. I have a client that comes to my office and Rascal is on him like flies to ------well, you get the idea.

He rubs all over this guys shoes and then starts to drool. Rather hard to have a serious conversation while your cat is making an idiot of himself all over my client's shoes.

Happily this guy has a dog, so he understands how basic animals can be sometimes.

lady_zana
09-27-2004, 01:55 AM
Mine love shoes as much as I do! You wouldn't believe the amount of flat sandels I have that have mysterious little teeth marks on them....I wonder how those got there....!

catcrazylady
09-27-2004, 09:18 AM
LOL!!! I'm lucky that none of mine do that unless hubby comes in from mowing the grass. They have a tendency to go a little shoe crazy then. Sniffing, rolling, drooling and acting all wierd. Crazy cats!!:D :D :D

catmandu
09-27-2004, 09:21 AM
It just,that you shoe,has your cocentrated scent,from the bottom,of your feet,and that is what attracts,the Cat!

DJFyrewolf36
09-27-2004, 09:36 AM
I have seen Remus with his head stuck in my shoe several times. *although this weekends trip to the petting zoo has made him leave my shoes alone for fear of being touched by deer drool*

slick
09-27-2004, 09:42 AM
Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one. It's just that my shoes are rather, shall we say, repugnant so how can that sensitive kitty nose stand the smell???

Gini:
ROFLMAO!!!! It's the visual. :D :D :D

rg_girlca
09-27-2004, 12:34 PM
Yup, you can count me in also with cats who love shoes, especially my flip flops. I've learned to put them away in my closet.:)

momoffuzzyfaces
09-27-2004, 12:49 PM
:D That's his way of keeping track of you! They can tell where you've been and who with by the smells on your shoes!
Be careful where you walk!;)

jazzcat
09-27-2004, 01:15 PM
LOL! That's funny. Mine are really into the shoe thing. Jazz will sometimes smell the bottom after I've been at my dad's house with Miss Kitty but that is about it. No foot fetish kitties here.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-27-2004, 02:34 PM
Tubby adores Terry's flip flops! But only after he's been wearing them, and he doesn't go for any other shoes, just the flip flops.....and now that I think about it.....Terry got new flip flops at the beginning of this summer. They're a little fancier than your normal rubber type flip flop, and Tubby could care less about them. Just the old rubber type and only after Terry's been wearing them. If they're in the closet for a week or so they become boring.

Like Sara said, it's definitely a cat thing. One of those "cat things" that you probably don't want to delve into too deeply..... ;) :rolleyes: :D

leslie
09-27-2004, 07:47 PM
Pixie likes to not only sleep with my shoes, she likes to kill them when she's in frisky mode! She lays on her side and hugs a shoe with her front legs (her arms) and kicks them to death with her "legs". Or vice-versa. My leather shoes always have deep scratches on them from her constant kicking motions but it hasn't occured to me on a consistent basis yet to put them out of her reach. I just DON'T think of it till I see her doing it and by then it's too late so it's like, sigh... let her have her fun...darn it again...

slick
09-27-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Like Sara said, it's definitely a cat thing. One of those "cat things" that you probably don't want to delve into too deeply..... ;) :rolleyes: :D
:D :D I guess not!!! It's not the fact that he sniffs my shoes, it's the fact that the shoes stink so much. How can he stand the smell! Sometimes it's more than I can take and I have to put them on the deck overnight.:eek:

Leslie: :D :D That's just too hiliarous.

slick
02-05-2008, 12:35 AM
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8dc25b3127cceb5dc3d2cf74f00000026100CbtnLNuxcsV

Oh Mommy, I just love your shoes.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8dc25b3127cceb5dc3d2af74900000026100CbtnLNuxcsV

Can I sleep here all night pueezze!!!

shais_mom
02-05-2008, 01:10 AM
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8dc25b3127cceb5dc3d2cf74f00000026100CbtnLNuxcsV

Oh Mommy, I just love your shoes.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8dc25b3127cceb5dc3d2af74900000026100CbtnLNuxcsV

Can I sleep here all night pueezze!!!
he sure looks comfy doesn't he! :D
great pics!!!
I remember Rascal curling around my shoes at Gini's I thought I was going to have to leave them for him! :)

krazyaboutkatz
02-05-2008, 01:25 AM
AWWWW!!!! How cute.:) My Storm is also obsessed with shoes. One time I couldn't find him and he was under my chair sleeping on top of several of my shoes.:) I adopted him from the Humane Society and I found out that his former owner was a shoes salesman. Maybe he was used to having lots of shoes lying around.LOL:)

Randi
02-05-2008, 06:42 AM
Have you noticed this thread is from 2004!

Aww, Max was really having a good time with your shoes. :)

Anyway.... Fister is a little different, he loves it when I get new shoes and is immediatey all over them. This time is was slippers (wish I could get the same ones again!).

After a few weeks, he lose interest, but he is determined to open my cupboard door to check what shoes and other things are in there. He does this nearly every day. :D

Here’s a few pictures of him enjoying my new slippers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Fister/F-sniffing-shoe.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Fister/F-licking-paw.jpg

Queen of Poop
02-05-2008, 08:16 AM
Cali and Diego haven't shown an affinity for shoes yet. Just stinky hockey gear. I must post it but I've got the best photo of Cali inside my step-son's hockey pants and Diego laying in his hockey bag. This stuff STINKS!!! But it's got to be out in the open to dry - so I'm told.

moosmom
02-05-2008, 08:51 AM
Yeah, it's a cat thing. Shortie LOVES my socks and will immediately grab one when I take it off. Sometimes I even find little "gifts" in my shoes (gifts meaning toy mice, bottle cap, etc).

Bengalz
02-05-2008, 09:01 AM
It must be a cat thing - Eve has an obsession with socks and flip flops. She carries them around like her toys and often brings them back upstairs from the laundry basket 2 floors down :rolleyes: It's not uncommon to find dirty socks in our bed in the morning - girl's been busy :D

Max is adorable - how could you possibly deny him the pleasure of a little shoe fetish :)