PDA

View Full Version : How the "Fudge Upside Down Cake" turned out... & about Tom...

kingrattus
09-25-2004, 09:56 PM
-------
EDIT: My site is temp down, so the pics will not show until its back up...time unknown...
-------

It was really neat to watch it cook towards the end. It looked like there was something under it trying to get out or just moving about.... eheheh

It started to look really odd as it cooled.
http://jess.iahu.ca/albums/album82/Fudge_upside_Down_Cake_001.sized.jpg
http://jess.iahu.ca/albums/album82/Fudge_upside_Down_Cake_002.sized.jpg

But DANG was it ever GOOD!!!!

Rob's parents came home about 10 mins after we had tried some. Rob's mom went on & on & on about how good it was.. She likes my baking, because shes only been exposed to Ukranian (also known as Russian) baking.. So she says all my baking is very odd, but she loves it. Which is nice to hear, since 99% of the stuff that comes out of her mouth is bad/mean.

I had to put some away for Tom (Rob's younger bro -22yrs), because hes in San Dieago (sp??).. Hes doing a speech!!! Aparently he did VERY VERY well in his speech lastnight. It was only supose to be an hour long, but it went on for many hours, it ended at 1:00 in the morning!!!!! & ATI called yesterday & they want him BAD!!!! SO Toms has to move to Toronto :D :(

I don't want him to move that far away (its about a 5hr drive from Ottawa)... but 70k is nice... & he sooo deserves it, with all the work he has done & the advancements too (which he did for free!!). He made Peekboo 1, 2, & 3!! I made the Peekboo 3 icon :D Aparently its very popular in Australia (I might have gotten the country wrong, not too sure)..

He also made a sound equalizar for Winamp. It stops songs from being too loud or too quiet.. So when ur sleeping to some MP3s Greig's "Hall Of The Mountain King" wont scare u to death anymore heheheh

If u go to google.ca & type in tom st.denis iahu.ca & press enter, 10 pages will show up, at the last page, will be a google link about extra search, when u click on that 92 pages came up!!! Tom is awesome.

The USA Army is using Tom's stuff, & the canadian & USA goverments r using his stuff, & so is Sony, all of sonys playstation games use Toms stuff.. its called tomlib (or something like that).. There dozens of other companies using his stuff to & thousands of regular people.. Were all proud of him :) He's gonna be a Rich SOB!!!

kingrattus
09-26-2004, 12:50 AM
there is almost no more left... I'm such a piggy :D

dukedogsmom
09-26-2004, 04:25 AM
That is so cool about Tom. I would like the Winamp equalizer thing if you can find it for me. Also, would love to know that recipe. The cake looks really good.

kingrattus
09-26-2004, 11:47 PM
The recipe is on the other thread.

Here is Toms winamp thingy. link (http://winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=36297)

This is how many people have downloaded this file 410,802!!!!

I remember a few years ago when he first made it, we use to play with it.. We would turn the echo right up & wolud LOL cause it was too funny to listen too... Tom was somewheres between 16-18yrs when he made this.. I just remember living at my dads when it was made.

& now that I'm runing windows again, I can finally use winamp & use his plug-in for my relaxing music before bed...

teenster3
09-27-2004, 12:15 AM
Sorry but I have to say the picture doesn't look to appetizing but I'm sure it TASTED great!....you said FUDGE upside down cake....mmmmm anything chocolate, yum, yum....can you make me some?!:D haha

kingrattus
09-27-2004, 12:53 AM
Its supose to look that way. Before its baked, the cake batter is put in first. & then all the dry ingredients go on top of the cake batter & then u put 1/2 cup of boiling water ontop of that & stick it in the oven... The dry stuff sinks to the bottom making the fugde & the cake floats to the top. & because the fudge boils on the bottom & keeps bubbling the cake up & making it look like an earth quake (its neat to watch).

I plan to double the recipe next time... It just wan't enough for 5 people.

teenster3
09-27-2004, 09:39 AM
Oh, I see! That sounds interesting! How did you learn to make that? I can't bake or cook anything to save my life!:p
Tina

kingrattus
09-27-2004, 10:18 AM
I fallowed the instrustions & asked PT what a certain ingredents was, so I wouldn't use the wrong stuff. Both side of my family, bake & do it well (except my mom, shes lazy & it always burns, unless someone else is there)