PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready for Robbie & Lizzie

sirrahbed
09-25-2004, 04:22 PM
I am getting SO nervous! You'd think I was having a baby!! Is the house ready? Am I ready? What will the other kids think? Will the family be happy? Will everyone be healthy? Will I be a good Meowmie?? Omegosh!!
I have been baby shopping too:D I got everything out awhile ago to see what I might have forgotten:rolleyes: Seems to be all here...what do you think? The big sandy beach and a regular litter box is in place..I got disposable pans to use on the car trip. hmm...Purina kitten chow. Toys...a carpet condom....more toys..(as if the house is not already overflowing with cat toys!!)....several scratching posts....clippers for claws-new for me since everyone here is declawed. Missy gave me my first *lesson* yesterday and I was able to do the back claws on Emily and Eliot without bloodshed:eek:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/Our%20Pets/kittenstuff.jpg
hmmm....I use clumpable Fresh Step and the babies are used to clay - should I fill yet another pan with clay for them??? I don't have any but could run get a sack...do they still nibble it Kim??
I know...I am such a neurotic Meowmie - somebody smack me:rolleyes: CCL?
PLEASE don't clean your house for me! Why would you do that? What would I do without a collection of cathair on my backside when I get up? I would miss the ambiance of fur flurries if it is windy or you have ceiling fans! Don't you know my dream mansion has hundreds of kitties in it?? I am coming to visit YOU because you are NOT my family and you understand my quirks!! I am NOT going to lint roll my clothes before I visit - I will arrive already full of cathair, I promise:D I may even have a hairball on the sole of my shoes.

kimlovescats
09-25-2004, 04:28 PM
You look more than prepared, Debbie .... now relax and rest up for lots of playtime with your new babies!!!!:D I have started using the scoopable litter with the babies, and they are doing fine with it .... so don't worry there either! ;)

They will really enjoy that circular spinning ball toy ... mine all love it too! I am just so excited about getting to meet you and Dennis, and hopefully Lori (Jazzcat) too!!!! PLEASE come, Lori!!!!;)

:D

catcrazylady
09-25-2004, 04:39 PM
You took all the fun out my SMACK!! I was ready to smack you after I read the first paragraph and then you had to go and spoil it by asking for it!!!:p
Chill out and calm down. Excitement is wonderful but no need to panic. Everything will be fine!!! I have brought so many cats through my door and outside of Magoo I have never had many issues. Certainly nothing that didn't work itself out in a very short time. You are bringing home babies and I think the adult cats know they are tiny. Mine have always treated babies very different than they do older cats. I think the worst thing that is going to happen is that the older ones will run from the babies. Babies love to headbutt and love on big kitties. Some of mine run from that but they never offer to hurt them in any way. Look at Magoo! He hid for the first week and now he can't get enough of them. Rosco has recieved the occasional whack but I can assure you he asked for it and he has some lessons to learn. No one has hurt him and he will have to figure out who he can torment and who he can't. I just let them be as long as no serious injuries are about to occur.

Are you ready?
Good Grief!! Look at all that stuff! You're over ready!

Are you going to be a good meowmie?
Lets see, we've heard all about Bert and Ernie who lived to wonderful old age. Now we have Emily, Eliot, and Dylan who look so deprived and unhealthy!:rolleyes: That question seriously deserves a
SMACK!

edit: I could clean until the cows come home and I promise you will still leave with a hair covered butt! ;) :D

jazzcat
09-25-2004, 04:46 PM
Richard and I both are laughing at that kitten haul. I think you are well prepared. I just thought about the day I got Ripley - my first ever kitten/cat. Richard had to sit in the car with him while I ran into the store to buy food, litter and a litterbox. I had nothing prepared and didn't know what to buy.

Who knows, if I get to go to Kims next Sunday I may be in the same boat again if I bring back a kitten on the spur of the moment.

kimlovescats
09-25-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by jazzcat
Richard and I both are laughing at that kitten haul. I think you are well prepared. I just thought about the day I got Ripley - my first ever kitten/cat. Richard had to sit in the car with him while I ran into the store to buy food, litter and a litterbox. I had nothing prepared and didn't know what to buy.

Who knows, if I get to go to Kims next Sunday I may be in the same boat again if I bring back a kitten on the spur of the moment.

Oh what fun that would be .... right Richard????:eek: :D

catcrazylady
09-25-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by jazzcat

Is this still a possibility? Has Richard given any indication that he is for it yet?

jazzcat
09-25-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
Is this still a possibility? Has Richard given any indication that he is for it yet?
It's possible. It won't be Baloo though. Kim had someone local who wanted him very badly and I didn't want Kim to miss that opportunity to adopt him out. Sounds like the lady was thrilled to get him and I'm sure he has a wonderful home.

Kim had a couple of Baloo's brothers left and then there is Hannah, the dilute calico, from Josephine's litter that I think is so beautiful and unique looking. I'm having a hard time trying to decide which would do best in my house - male or female. Any suggestions or thoughts about that anyone?

Of course I'm still trying to figure out how to get Aly's Chance up here to TN too.:D CCL - I'm using you as a role model and figure I can take in about 9 more to reach your number. Sounds good to me!!:D

catcrazylady
09-25-2004, 05:01 PM
You go girl!! Use me up!!! I wish I could say I still need nine more.;) :D
Males or females is a hard one to figure out. If I look at my house I am confused still. I only have three girls (not counting Abigail yet) and two are nasty! Pervy is an angel and you would never know she was around. I don't think it really matters. It's a personality thing. It does seem that males are easier going more often than the girls but you never know.

I think you will know which one is right if you just go to Cats4Keeps and let it pick you.
You might want to see if you can sneak out with little Tabitha!!!;) :D

jazzcat
09-25-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
[BI think you will know which one is right if you just go to Cats4Keeps and let it pick you. [/B]
That's kind of what I was thinking. I was hung up on a gray kitty but personality and who 'picks' me is more important. Although, there is a little boy that Kim is holding for someone else but they may back out and he sounds like a great possibility. It's one of Jasmine's tabby boys and looks a little like Ripley did as a kitten. Richard would be a total sucker for that!

sirrahbed
09-25-2004, 06:58 PM
Lori - Hannah was my original first choice - something so unique about the dilutes. She is a dollbaby now! Dennis liked the brighters colors on Lizzie and now I also think she is a beauty. I got to choose Robbie:D Something about that boy!!
It is just selfish, but I would love for you and I to have siblings - but - ideally - the best way IS to arrive and let the kitty choose you:D
I am thinking - what if I get there and Robbie and Lizzie don't like me:rolleyes: j/k (sort of)
My sister-in-love, Carol - who is Misha's other Grandmother, may be having me bring home Mysty. Mysty is the other calico girl:D

I have always prefered boys - BUT have had very few girls and that was when Dennis and I fostered. Our own cats have all been male. Emily is sweet, but she is moody (typical:rolleyes: )

Of all the cats we have either owned or fostered - only ONE *chose* me as his favorite, and that was RB Bert. *big sigh*

auggie
09-25-2004, 08:30 PM
Wow, look at all that stuff!
Robbie and Lizzy are lucky kitties.

rkidsrcats
09-25-2004, 09:00 PM
Looks like you're ready for KittenFun! Pippin can give lessons with the crazy circle if the kits don't get the hang of it!:D :D

Congrats.

catmandu
09-26-2004, 12:53 PM
Dont worry! If you house,is all right,for Your Cats,thaen Robbie,and Lizzie,well be All Right Too. Found Cats MMMMMEEEEEEOOOEEOW For You!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-27-2004, 03:21 PM
Yep, looks like you'r more than ready, Deb! When I brought Tubby home, he came with a litterbox, some cans of food and one toy (if I remember right). So I had to lock him in the bathroom while I ran out and actually got some litter and all the other necessities. I'm sure those two little sweeties have more than enough....to start with anyway. ;) :D

Lori, I think if you bring Richard to Kim's house, you will be going home with a kitten. Richard sounds a lot like Terry, and I know Terry wouldn't be able to resist. The absolute best thing that could happen is one of the kitties picked Richard - not you. Sorry for you on that, but that would give the kitty the absolute best odds of coming home with you. Richard won't be able to resist! :D

You guys are all going to have so much fun this weekend....I'm so jealous! Waaaaaahhhhh!!!! :rolleyes: :p

kimlovescats
09-27-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

You guys are all going to have so much fun this weekend....I'm so jealous! Waaaaaahhhhh!!!! :rolleyes: :p

Pack that big ole road home of yours, and come on!!!:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-28-2004, 09:03 AM
I wish, Kim, I wish. ;) :( We've got a big trip coming up in about two weeks and we just got back from a weekend trip, so it's time to stay home for a bit and get some things done around there - drat!

Oh, and besides.....:rolleyes: ......Terry cleaned the wheels so the motorhome can't go anywhere until our big trip because you know....it might rain and get the wheels dirty! Talk about :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: We're going to a big motorhome rally and he wants it to look good for that, but come on.....:rolleyes: ;) :D

So I'll just sit here at home and wait for all the tails, pics and stories to come over PT.....and pout. ;)

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-28-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

Ditto:p