PDA

View Full Version : most upsetting...

aguu
12-17-2001, 09:52 AM
I received this via e-mail, it came as a request to sign a petition (which I did) to fight against this horrible cruelty. Please be warned that it is the most awful thing you'll ever see so you may not want to even look, I have not been able to get the image out of my mind since I saw it. But I am wondering - is it possbile that this is even real? I'm really hoping that it is just some really sick joke.

Moderator's Note: For at least six months, the author of that website has gone from site to site. It has been condemn by the ASCPA and others. The FBI has investigated. Going in another's post's to change content is not something I take lightly. I do it only to keep people from going to this sick website - that's what will keep it going. Posting the link was well-intentioned - I'm not on your case aguu...

[ December 17, 2001: Message edited by: Spencer-The-Lion ]

slleipnir
12-17-2001, 10:00 AM
OMG?! thats wrong in SO many ways! if it's a joke its a sick one, and more so if its real!! i didn't really read it, dont have time now, is it alive the whole time?!

aguu
12-17-2001, 10:07 AM
Spencer I am sorry, you are absolutely right.
I was just so upset by it, I needed to share with you guys....

4 feline house
12-17-2001, 10:47 AM
People, people, people. Everyone who has internet access needs to make sure this site is in their "bookmarks" or "favorites" list:
http://www.snopes2.com/index.html

Everytime you get one of those "petitions" or an email that has twenty lines of "forwarded to", you need to go to snopes and check it out - I guarantee it will be there and almost all of the time you will find out it is a total falsehood. At the very least you will find out the facts. In this case, the website exists (or at least once did) but it is all computer graphics manipulation!.

Even if you choose not to check things out, at least sit back and think a minute before you go firing off more emails - a little bit of clear-headed common sense would have allowed you to see that kittens can't live in jars. But the initial shock causes people to lose their heads momentarily - unfortunately, it's lost just long enough for them to hit the "forward to" button!

I'm not dissing you, aguu, I am addressing my comment to the public in general.

So, to everybody, remember: the people who manufacture these rumors count on people hitting that "forward" button before they do research, knowing that soon millions of emails parading fiction as fact will be flying through cyberspace within days. These people are no better than virus writers, praying on people's tendency to act before they think.

And, I guarantee, the guy responsible for this website would have discontinued the page along time ago due to lack of interest except for all these "petitions" going around. This was probably Spencer's reason for deleting the link - the more hits, the more he's spurred on.

Thanks, aguu, for bringing this up so we can once again tell people to stay away from that website because you only egg him on and no, kittens can't live in jars!