PDA

View Full Version : Luna's therapy against winter depression... :) (pics)

Kirsten
09-25-2004, 01:11 PM
Luna seems to have found a good method to deal with winter depression; she's always doing this when the days are getting darker! Look!! :D

http://www.tillyschanze.de/pix/luna65.jpg http://www.tillyschanze.de/pix/luna66.jpg

Whenever I have the light above my computer desk on, she's sitting there, turning her face to the light, and closes her eyes (in the second pic, you can see a reflection in the picture frame of Luna with her eyes closed). Sometimes she's so close to the lamp that her nose is almost touching the bulb. She's sitting like that for at least half an hour or so, and she really seems to enjoy that. :) Isn't that cute? Instinctively she seems to know that light is healthy during the winter season. Or do you think she just loves the warmth in her face?

Kirsten

catnapper
09-25-2004, 01:18 PM
Luna, you are truly a doll! Yes, light is good for your health, but please remember, it wasn't too long ago that you were complaining about the HEAT of summer! :D

jazzcat
09-25-2004, 01:42 PM
Beautiful pictures of Luna! I think that is so interesting she does that. Such a smart kitty.

Edwina's Secretary
09-25-2004, 01:45 PM
A woman I know has a cat who does this as well. He has one favorite lamp. He sticks his head under the lamp shade to get a good bronzing! Wonderful photos!

sirrahbed
09-25-2004, 01:48 PM
Smart kitty!! She has read about Seasonal Affective Disorder I bet!!!:D

Barbara
09-25-2004, 02:37 PM
Siegmar just says Tigris does it too on his desk- they like a solarium:D

Great pictures- it must not have been too easy to capture the light.

Kirsten
09-25-2004, 02:44 PM
Yes, looks like my Luna is a smart kitty! :)

Catnapper, it's true, it's only a little than a month ago that it's been terribly hot, but now it's so cold you have to turn the heater on.

It's so interesting that there are more cats doing that! :)

Barbara, it wasn't that difficult, just don't use a flash and underexpose a bit... and of course Luna was told not to move! :)

Kirsten

lisalee
09-25-2004, 02:59 PM
Luna looks so cute and warm!:D My angel Lucki used to love to lay right under the lamp too.

catcrazylady
09-25-2004, 03:22 PM
How cute Lily!! Now that is sure fire way to beat the cold winter time blues. My kitties are so furry that they are always trying to find the cool spot instead of the warm one.;) :D

Randi
09-25-2004, 03:28 PM
That's so cute! :) Fister does it too - he's right there, under the lamp, hugging John's computer, attending to the printer and licking what comes out. :D I'll post some pics tomoorrow. ;)

Kirsten
09-25-2004, 04:14 PM
always trying to find the cool spot instead of the warm one.

Mine are doing that, too when it's hot - but now it's getting colder here! :)

Randi, I would love to see a photo of Fister hugging the computer! :)

I always have to share my computer table with Luna - and she's a BIG cat! This was her 5 minutes ago:

http://www.tillyschanze.de/pix/luna67.jpg

Kirsten

nibblets
09-25-2004, 09:26 PM
Julie likes to hang out under my little lamp that I use for beadwork. This makes it nearly impossible to actually do any beading...but who am I to tell her she needs to move? ;)

auggie
09-25-2004, 09:41 PM
Aww, how cute!
She looks so calm and happy.
I’ve never seen a cat do that.
Luna, be careful not to burn your pretty nose.
Kirsten, these pictures are awesome!

slick
09-25-2004, 10:28 PM
:D :D Maybe little Luna sees this as a tanning salon!! Be careful Luna, use your sunscreen.

Kirsten, in that last picture I see your computer is logged on to Pet Talk. Imagine that!!! :rolleyes: :D

NoahsMommy
09-25-2004, 11:42 PM
Awww, Luna, you're such a cutie! :)

Micah, Hermione and Noel love to sit on top of the couch, right under one of our floor lamps. I always wondered what that was all about.

Cute!

Killearn Kitties
09-26-2004, 06:17 AM
I think I might try that myself, Luna, the weather is so horrible here today.

Luna's Cat of the Day picture was taken on your computer desk, was it not? She has grown a bit since then!

Kirsten
09-26-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties

Luna's Cat of the Day picture was taken on your computer desk, was it not? She has grown a bit since then!

Oh yes, it was! :) It's been her favorite place right from the start! She's been 8 weeks old here (June 2000):

http://catoftheday.com/archive/2000/August/15.jpg

Kirsten

Tonya
09-26-2004, 10:16 AM
Wow, first off you must have rapid season changes! It seems like you were burning up just yesterday!

Luna is such a cute girly girl! She knows a little light is good for her. :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-26-2004, 12:15 PM
Gorgeous pics as always!! I'll have to check Ally's reaction when I set up my lamp at my model-building table!

catmandu
09-26-2004, 12:38 PM
I had a small lamp,that they liked to lie under,be then JJJ3 Wanted to jump,and ....CRASH! Great Photos,of Cats,under The Sun Lamp.

kimlovescats
09-26-2004, 01:00 PM
How cute! Yes, several of my kitties do that too .... they like the warmth!;)

rg_girlca
09-26-2004, 05:30 PM
What great pictures as usual Kirsten.
Those are such adorable pictures of Luna and I just love the one when she was 8 weeks old.

Kirsten
09-26-2004, 06:02 PM
Thanks! :)

Tonya, yes, sometimes it's hard to believe how quickly the weather can change. In August, we had temperatures in the 90s, and now in the 50s. Not really cold actually, but you need to turn on the heater...

slick, you're right, it's PT, it's even this thread, you can see Randi's post with Fister in the avatar, and a bit of CCLs siggy. :)

Kirsten

leslie
09-26-2004, 09:49 PM
8 WEEKS OLD AND SLEEPING with the keyboard! that is adorable! You should put before and after pics next to each other and re- submit to cat of the day! I wonder.... Well, does Luna ever sleep with her cheek on the keyboard anymore or has she outgrown the area that allows her to do this? (cuz wouldn't that be a nice picture to submit next to the original?)
you are Lucky to have this gal! Give her kisses from us in ipswich- scamp, shy, mose, cricket, cookie, dorian, dandilion, pixie, and the top cat- Tuva!

Kirsten
09-27-2004, 05:31 AM
That's a sweet idea, I'll try to take a photo of her when she's sleeping in that position next time! :)

Here are two photos where you can see how it's looking like these days when Luna is resting on the keyboard!

And yes, you're right, I'M VERY happy that this kitty girl is living with me - even though I have to remove poo from the floor almost every day and have to wash the rugs she's peeing on several times a week - I just love her dearly!)!! http://www.sitecenter.dk/uniqueviking/nss-folder/smilies/Hearts_smile.gif

http://www.tillyschanze.de/pix/luna68.jpg http://www.tillyschanze.de/pix/luna69.jpg

Kirsten

DJFyrewolf36
09-27-2004, 09:51 AM
Brrr, Remus knows all too well how chilly things can get! Last night I woke up with the silly kitty curled under my arm (I left the window open....boy did it get frezing!)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-27-2004, 02:19 PM
I like Luna's thinking with the "sun lamp"! She looks so happy there. And she has really grown and taken over the keyboard instead of just sleeping next to it - a little bit of "kitty sprawl" there. ;) :D