PDA

View Full Version : The Break Out

The_Duck
09-25-2004, 10:41 AM
Ok so, I was sleeping nie and snuggled in my bed, the best sleep I'd been getting all week, when my brother barges in and yells at me that my horses are out. I'm still thinking I'm dreaming or whatever and start to nod off again before it sinks in. And so I half ran half fell out of bed and into some horse-catching clothes and darted out the door to see my mare and yearling filly romping around in the driveway. This is not the first break out incident with my mare and I'm a little peeved that she has such a taste for the grass on the other side of the fence, so I stalk over to her, mumblingona and on about how I was gonna ring her pretty little neck (little, hah!). Anyways, she's finally free and so shes dodging around and trying to escape, but I caught her and we (my mom and I) finally got her and the baby back into the barn. You guys should see the havic those two caused! I'm not sure if they were out all night or what, but all the feed bins for the different animals were knocked over and food scoopers were littered across the barn floor. I swear they were worse than a pack of crazy, curious raccoons. Not to mention the nice sized holes they left in two different fences. It was a rough morning, but I'm glad everybody's ok and they're back out in the pasture were they belong. We're just thankful my sisters QH gelding didn't decid to go through his fence and go after them as he's got a massive crush on Priss and can't stand not being able to see her. Everything is good now and I just wanted to share my llittle drama of the day with you guys.

Karen
09-25-2004, 11:19 AM
Good gracious what a way to wake up on a Saturday morning!!!!! Naughty ponies! Guess that'll teach you not to sleep late, huh? ;)

The_Duck
09-25-2004, 12:14 PM
Lol yeah, but when you got to get up at 5 o'clock every other morning for school, 7 seems like heaven:p

wabbitwuver
09-25-2004, 01:54 PM
whoa! I thought getting up at 6 was a pain! At least everyone is all right! Silly horsys!

kingrattus
09-29-2004, 02:18 AM
Silly Horses.

That happened at the ranch I use to hang around. I saw several horses walk into this field & I swore there was a fence there.

Well the fence fell over & ALL the horses got out, there r about 20-30 horses in the main field.

The owner of the ranch & her mutt dog took off after the horses... Chance (the dog) was self taught on how to get the horses back into the field. He'll bark & snap at them & that scares them back into the field.

If the horses wonder a few doors down they'll be on a busy HWY & could be killed, thats why they let Chance act the way he does to get them back in fast & safe.

Chance is a stray that moved onto the farm. He lives & sleeps with the horses & protects them. & in return they started to feed him & let him in the barn/room at night. & when he was dying of illness, they let him in the house & took care of him untill he passed. He was ill before he went theere & the vet said to just wait it out. nothing can be done.

Toby's my baby
10-04-2004, 08:36 PM
Sounds familar! I am glad they are ok and back safe and sound!:D

One night when my family was going out for dinner we were driving out the drive-way and two 'creatures' were in the way. Sara and I got out of the van to go grab them but they took off running. We went back to the barn to get some leadropes and oats, and when we got back out to the field we couldnt find them (it was pitch black out and it doesnt help when one of the horses is black;)) Some people about 3miles away called my neighbors thinking that it was their horses standing in their front yard (this was about 2min after they took off running) but nope they were ours. Then the people tried to call us to tell us where our horses were, but no, we weren't in the house to answer the phone, we were out looking for them. So my neighbor drove to our house and told us where they were and sara and I had to ride them bareback home:rolleyes: (we did get to go out for supper though around 10 PM, but we kinda smelt like horses)-:p nothing wrong with that :p

The_Duck
10-05-2004, 07:28 PM
Wow! Thats quite the escape story, eh? Hehe. Glad everything is ok with you too.

Originally posted by Toby's my baby
we kinda smelt like horses)-:p nothing wrong with that :p

Absolutly nothing worong with that! They should bottle the smell of sweaty horse and saddle leather. I'd wear it. :p

flamepony12
10-05-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by The_Duck

Absolutly nothing worong with that! They should bottle the smell of sweaty horse and saddle leather. I'd wear it. :p

Erm.... maybe not sweaty horse, but sure, just plain horse, I'd wear that... :p But most of the time I'm wearing it anyway, after long hours at the barn while Merlin pushes me around with his dirty little nose!:D