PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Jeanne...Num.4!!!!!!

delidog
09-25-2004, 05:44 AM
We are now looking at Hurricane Jeanne!!!
Number 4 for Florida in a month...:( :mad: ...

I wish all my fellow Floridians Good Luck!!! Be Safe!!!!
I don't know when we'll loose power...It is Inevitable!!!
Jeanne is scheduled to hit the east coast of Fl around 2 a.m. sunday morning.....Same time and Day as Frances....Darn CopyCat Hurricane!!!!!
The East Coast of Florida is under Hurricane Warning from Miami to St.Augustine....Not Pretty Guys...They say the Hurricane is Growing as it hits the warmer waters.....
Hope that our house can take another!!!!!

Will keep in touch while we can
lGood Luck to All Fellow Floridians!!!!
Nicole

dukedogsmom
09-25-2004, 06:54 AM
I'll be stuck at work worrying about my parents and Duke. I wish I could bring him here. I hope nothing bad happens. I'm so sick of all these hurricanes. It's supposed to hit in about 24 hours. Just enough time to let us get to work :(

delidog
09-25-2004, 07:13 AM
Fortunately, We closed at 6:30 last night...So after we sandbagged the building and manually powered it down,we got to go home...Are not open today...Thank Dog!!!!
Hope EVERYBODYS' PETS are Hunkered Down!!! and Safe with you!!

ChrisH
09-25-2004, 07:45 AM
Nicole, Val, and all Florida PTalkers, your families and pets are in my thoughts and prayers.

hugs and love
Chris

delidog
09-25-2004, 08:05 AM
Thank You,ChrisH!!!!!!

Tonya
09-25-2004, 08:21 AM
You all are in my prayers. I cannot even begin to imagine the stress you all are going through.

Fox-Gal
09-25-2004, 09:09 AM
Yep, here we go again. I hope for the last time. I hate hurricane season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's bad is when it become routine almost. Another weekend with a hurricane, life in Florida.

Good luck everyone here in FLorida, hunker down and see you when it's over.

I'm off to fill up the car with gas and then batten down the homestead.

dukedogsmom
09-25-2004, 02:35 PM
I am dreading it so much. The winds are supposed to be pretty heavy by the time we get off work. Some people are leaving, going home to get what they need and coming back. I really don't want to spend the night here plus have to work here tomorrow and possibly be stuck here! This is so depressing :(

momoffuzzyfaces
09-25-2004, 03:18 PM
Prayers and thoughts are with all of you! I can't even imagine going through this 4 times in a year let alone in one month.
(((HUGS to ALL OF YOU)))

delidog
09-25-2004, 03:46 PM
Val,
If you work in a Government Building...It would be very safe...
Can you go get Duke & Keep him with You????
I have alot of friends whos' Boss' have looked the other way and let them keep their pets with them....since you can't take pets to a shelter....Just a Thought?????

Thanks everyone for your thoughts....
It is supposed to hit around 8:00 p.m....115 M.P.H. winds
Supposed to batter us for 9 hours!!!!!

I really hope this house is strong enough...

I can't decide if i should put everybody in their crates or not....
They are comfy at home....I was afraid of them getting loose...But John brought up,what if roof falls on crate???? and they can't get out.....Grrrr....Cannot decide....

Any Opinions???

dukedogsmom
09-25-2004, 03:56 PM
They're heartless here. No pets allowed. But of course anyone can bring in their screaming youngun anytime, hurricane weather or not. Duke wouldn't even make any noise. Just because he's got fur doesn't mean he's not family. Ugh. I'll be so glad when this one is gone and maybe we can sort of get back to normal? Hope everyone in Florida stays safe.

delidog
09-25-2004, 04:02 PM
Sorry about that Val,I thought maybe they would be nicer!!!!

Hugs & Treats Dukey!!

Randi
09-25-2004, 04:14 PM
Yuck, this is about enough, isn't it!!! I hope you'll all be safe! :)Check in when you can and let us know.

It's been rather windy here, but nothing compared to what you're getting. :eek: I like a good storm, but half an hour is quite enough for me!

Karen
09-25-2004, 04:24 PM
I hope everyone stays safe, and all the buildings, pets, people, barns, and boats hold up this one more time! Psst Val - stick a jacket and cap on Duke, sunglasses, and pass him of as some friend's wierd kid you're looking after! ;) Or get a big enough suitcase/duffel bag and cut paw holes in it to disguise him? "This? Just some stuff I brought from home in case we get stuck here. I've got a heater in here, and some other stuff ... " Sure, the heater happens to be coevered in dog fur, but he WOULD keep you warm, right? ;)

DogLover9501
09-25-2004, 05:02 PM
I'll be thinking of you guys!!! Stay safe!

NoahsMommy
09-25-2004, 05:39 PM
Please take care. I'm so sorry you are being tortured with so many of these horrible hurricanes. :( :( :(

trayi52
09-25-2004, 05:57 PM
Be safe everyone. I will keep you all in my prayers and be sending good thoughts your way.

Willie

CamCamPup33
09-25-2004, 05:58 PM
It's windy and rainy here.

Hope everyone's staying safe!

delidog
09-25-2004, 07:34 PM
Its' getting REALLY UGLY here!!!
I can hear things Banging on my shutters....That probably Shouldn't be!!!!

The wind is Bad....Rain is bad too....I have water under front door already!!!:(

delidog
09-25-2004, 07:50 PM
Off to Safe Room...I mean Closet!!!
The eye is 30 minutes away!!

This is too scary!!!

Vermontcat
09-25-2004, 08:17 PM
Delidog, I was just watching an update on the storm on TV.
It looks like it is right on top of you now.
I hope you and John and the dogs and kitty stay safe and please check in here when you can.

Cincy'sMom
09-25-2004, 10:37 PM
Watching on TV and praying all our Florida friends stay as safe as possible!!

My parents changed plans several times, and after dad decided to come home too, their flight was cancelled. The then decided to drive out and got as far as Dalton Georgia (near Tenn border) They'll be back onthe road tomorrow and should be home late afternoon/early evening.

NoahsMommy
09-25-2004, 11:40 PM
Ack! That is so scary!! Please be safe... :eek:

dukedogsmom
09-26-2004, 04:29 AM
Well, I'm here at work now. Got here about 4:45. Don't usually have to sit down until 2 hours later. It was interesting driving to work. I didn't sleep well at all last night. Could hear the wind blowing in the trees. Had to sleep with the tv on to drown it out. Been up since 3:30. Going to be a long day. Hope everyone is doing ok.

ChrisH
09-26-2004, 06:07 AM
Prayers, positive thoughts, love and hugs for you all.

dukedogsmom
09-26-2004, 06:33 AM
Now even our generator is out. All we have is the computers(thank goodness) and the internet. It's going to get hot in here with no air conditioning. What a lovely day. I'll be so glad when it's over!!

Kfamr
09-26-2004, 06:52 AM
Just woke up here..

It's VERY windy and has been raining.
Last night I had a dream that there was water up to our doors, and then I stepped outside and I completely went under. :eek:
Florida would be SOL if we ever went under here.. we're the highest point in Pinellas.

Anyways, the mutts are acting like it's nothing. I let them out and all they wanted to do was come back inside and eat. :rolleyes:

Glad to see my mom's hurricane buddy on, Val..... Feel free to call if you're allowed or want to.

Kfamr
09-26-2004, 09:26 AM
It's VERY VERY windy right now.
One of our branches on our big oak tree is cracked and dangling there. Luckily it's just a small one.

I heard that alot of power is out in Polk... that's where Val is.... Val you okay out there??

Kfamr
09-26-2004, 09:50 AM
:( :(
There's a squirelle who keeps running from our palm tree to our oak tree with tiny fuzzy things in its mouth.. probably babies.
I wish I could help it.

NoahsMommy
09-26-2004, 05:33 PM
It sounds like it was a horrible night for you guys! I hope everyone is OK and that power will be restored everywhere soon.

My mom called last night. She's in Destin, FL and told me that the power is out everywhere (not where she is) and has been since the first hurricanes! That's horrible.

In the office they rented (an old skating rink), there is power, but no phones or internet. People have to stand in the parking lot (in 90 degree, humid weather) to contact anyone. She said all computers are down, so the estimators are having to hand write all estimates and somehow figure out coverages.

I guess her hotel was hit in one of the first storms, so everything is still damp. I'm sure that's the case everywhere. She also said its hot and muggy and staying inside is way worse than being outside. I/we take all this for granted living in CA. My mom says this is a very, very humbling experience for her.

Anyway, sorry for the tangent. I hope everyone is safe and can get back to normal life as soon as possible.

Cincy'sMom
09-26-2004, 06:02 PM
My parents just called...they made it home safe! They called dad's apartment, and his machine didn't pick up, so they know the power is out there.

Hope everyone in Florida is doing as well as possible. We are thinking of you.

captain
09-26-2004, 08:20 PM
My thoughts are with you all.

Please check back in whenever you can.

delidog
09-27-2004, 08:53 PM
Thanks,You Guys!!!!
I Know that was a L-O-N-G Trip for your parents!!!
But They Made It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At Least They weren't in Melbourne!!!!

Kfamr
09-27-2004, 09:48 PM
**WHEW**

That was CRAZY.
We just finally got our internet back up. I have some videos and pictures and stories to tell in which i'll create a new thread for.

slick
09-27-2004, 11:08 PM
Tonight from 7-8pm PST there was a program on called Eye of the Hurricane and I watched the whole thing.

I just gotta say that it made me all the more thankful that I don't live down there.

Also, my prayers go out to the families who have been touched by these terrible storms.

Enough is enough. HURRICANES, GO AWAY. WE DON'T WANT YOU!!

delidog
09-28-2004, 05:57 AM
Back up on Generator!!!!
When you live in Fl., You Must own a Generator!!!

YES,PLEASE...ALL OTHER HURRICANES....GO AWAY!!!!
We cannot handle anymore!!!

Amy,Glad your parents are safe

And KAy and Val

Hope to hear from FoxGal and KBlaix soon.....
CamCamPup...Are You Alright????

Now we get to go stand on line for ice & water....

And My STore is Open Today!!!!:eek:
At Least I have a Job to go to...So Many People here Do Not!!!:(

So Sad!!!!!!

delidog
09-28-2004, 09:00 PM
The Devastation here is Insurmountable!!!!

Pt.St.Lucie Residents are at wits end...
So Am I
Whole Town Resembles Beriut!!!!!

Terrible....So SAD!!!!

CamCamPup33
09-29-2004, 05:07 PM
Delidog, Im just fine! Glad to hear from you! :)

BitsyNaceyDog
09-29-2004, 05:37 PM
I'm fine here too.

delidog
09-29-2004, 08:28 PM
Oh Thank Dog!!!
I was worried about you guys...
I didn't know exactly Where You were in Fl.!!!

I am still worried about FoxGal and her Dad!!
All the Hurricanes Crossed Her Path!!!

Thanks Cam-Cam Pup and Kblaix...Sooooooo Glad You Guys are Alright!!!!!

Hugs & Treats for the Furkids!!!!
Nicole

captain
09-29-2004, 09:37 PM
CamCam and Kblaix - thanks so much for checking in!!!!!

FoxGal??

delidog
09-30-2004, 06:28 PM
We Got Power!!!!!!

Woo Hoo!!!!

Cincy'sMom
09-30-2004, 08:12 PM
Yeah power!!! I can't imagine living as many days this month without as you have...esp in Florida with no A/C!!

Kfamr
09-30-2004, 08:48 PM
It definetely makes you feel more grateful though! It sure made me grateful.

My sister is still without power, and she is in St. Petersburg. She lives in an apartment. Stupid her put food down the disposal forgetting it was off. I'm sure it smells horrible in there!

Libby.. Where are you??

delidog
10-01-2004, 05:21 AM
Yeah,Can't wait to see our electric & cable bills this month...Should be a Record LOW!!!!;)

Still No word from Libby??????

Has Dukedogs'Mom heard from her???