PDA

View Full Version : Eddie is sooooooo grounded!

Edwina's Secretary
09-24-2004, 07:46 PM
A lovely evening in Chicago... one of my last for a long time....

I put the E's in their harnesses and we go outside. I have my book, my glass of wine. I am deep into French/English relations in 1800.

Edwina asks to go in the house. I let her in. Where's Eddie?? It is getting dark. I call for Eddie. Becoming more frantic... I crash through all the bushes and undergrowth....calling for Eddie.

Sick at heart I go to the front yard. It is Friday night and the street is busy. I circle the house any number of times...."Eddie!"

Finally...I see him...in the front...without his harness....

The chase begins.... in the bushes, out of the bushes, in... out...I stay between him and the street....

He has rubbed everything in sight.... he decides to roll in the dirt. I slowly move toward him and LUNGE! I grab him...he fights me....my watch breaks against the brick....flaying....his claw cuts open my lip.....

he is in the house....

He is sooooooooooooo grounded!

sirrahbed
09-24-2004, 07:54 PM
:rolleyes: Oh dear....do you suppose Eddie is having anxiety about the move? Poor thing may just be showing Meowmie that he is upset and needs to say "goodbye" to all his bushes and undergrowth and everything he has known as *home*. Please don't ground him:eek: If he had had his own glass of wine, he would have been so much more relaxed:o

(I tried Eddie!!)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-24-2004, 07:58 PM
Oh no! Naw-tee Eddie!! Ok buddy, it's one thing to be all boy, and it's another to shed the harness and head for the front of the house! :eek: No sympathy from me tonight big boy, you're grounded and you deserve every minute of it - and no treats before bed for you young man!

And then to scratch Blondie's lip and fight so.....<shakes head>....I thought you knew how good you have it, just don't ever forget that! Don't be surprised if you're in the dog house until Curly comes home again......:eek: :mad: :(

lizzielou742
09-24-2004, 08:01 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

EDDIE!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Scary scary scary. I would freak out.

Eddie, a word of advice - next time you are already in trouble, don't make it worse by making your Meowmie break her watch, and then scratch her lip! No wonder you're grounded!

:eek:

Edwina's Secretary
09-24-2004, 08:06 PM
needs to say "goodbye" to all his bushes and undergrowth and everything he has known as *home*.

Good try, Debbie...but to the best of my knowledge he has never BEEN in the front before.....

If he needs to say "goodbye" couldn't he confine it to the back yard??? How did he get through the fence?????

p.s. I did find his harness.... in the front yard....

sirrahbed
09-24-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Good try, Debbie...

well...I always have to try and stick up for the underdog....er...cat;)
Sorry Eddie - looks like your goose is cooked:eek:

Cinder & Smoke
09-24-2004, 08:19 PM
:eek:

NAW-TEE KAT!! :mad:

Oooooh Eddie Boy - :rolleyes:

THIS One is gonna be HARD to Forgive & Forget! :p

"Slip" da Walking Jacket and then TAKE OFF ~
WHUT were you Thinkin????

And then get inna *Tussle* wiff Blondie??
OH fur SHAME!!

Busted her wristy klock AND *split* her kissin lipz???

Be Happie yur just "in jail" inna Howze -
ya kuld be inna Garbich Kan wiffa Cinder Block sittin onna lid!

Better praktiss "Breathin" inna Strait Jacket ~
kuz your "Walker" is gonna be put on SOoo TITE
the next time -
(an dat'z assumin there IS a next time) ...

Ohhhh, EDDIE!!
Whutt'r we gonna DO wiff you!????

:D

nibblets
09-24-2004, 09:59 PM
Eddie-
Oh my Eddie! You musn't do that. You scared your meowmie to pieces and then to throw that temper tantrum. Young man you need to stop and think about what you have done. Then you need to give meowmie lots of headbumpies and purrs to let her know you are sorry. It works pretty well, I know cuz I ran out the back door when my meowmie let the dog out one day and I ran to the back of the yard and hid in the bushes. Meowmie got over it after bumps and purrs. ;) -Julie

jazzcat
09-24-2004, 11:04 PM
Uh-oh Eddie, tsk, tsk (shaking head). That was a very nawtee boy. No wonder you are soooo grounded.

popcornbird
09-24-2004, 11:49 PM
That was Eddie's way of telling you *Mom........we need to stay in Chicago! Can't leave my home and go to California!!!!*

What a scare!!!! I think Eddie deserves to be grounded tonight too. Sorry Eddie, but you don't do that to your mommy!

catnapper
09-25-2004, 02:05 AM
Eddie! Don't scare us like that! If you were hanging out with your pal Chippy, you should have let meowmie know what you were up to. I know you are only trying to be one of the guys, but this is not good!

catcrazylady
09-25-2004, 06:21 AM
AH OH!! BAD Eddie! Shame on you for acting like that! Slipping out of your harness and exploring is one thing but fighting with Blondie is what really got you busted young man! If I were you Eddie I would be doing some very serious sucking up!!!

catmandu
09-25-2004, 08:44 AM
Eddie,and JJJ3,have that,in common,that when they do get out,they are going,to make,the most of it,no matter how worried you are! So,although,I am worried,I leave him alone,ane within half an hour,he gets scared,and waltzes back in.

Randi
09-25-2004, 09:10 AM
Eddie, I know you were just saying goodbye to your bushes and having a little fun, but losing your harness and even walking out towards the road is a NO, NO! And scratching Blondie when she wanted to get you back in safety is totally uncalled for! :( No sympathy here, if you do get grounded!

Eddie, I happen to know that the garden wall in your new place is taller than the one you have now, but even so, I think you better get used to the idea that that harness will go on considerably tighter next time. :eek:

Sara, I'm sorry about your lip and your watch - hope it will heal soon! :)

Russian Blue
09-25-2004, 10:35 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

How scary for you. Eddie, I know it's time to say goodbye to your local surroundings but keep your harness on!!

;)

Barbara
09-25-2004, 11:39 AM
Oh Sara, what a shock! I suppose he got under the door at the end were Chippie lives and where you have your precious Chicago soft bricks stored. I always knew that Chippie was bad influence.

You have to be so careful with whom your kids hang out these days.

Vio&Juni
09-25-2004, 12:11 PM
Tsk, tsk, tsk, Eddie. Didn't Juni's experience teach you anything? Oh, and scratch Blondie's lip? Grounded!

Sara, I am happy he's back safe and sound, but I am sorry for your lip and watch.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-25-2004, 12:15 PM
I'm with Blondie on this one Eddie! It's not nice at all to scare mommies like that! Please don't EVER go exploring on your own again!

I suppose Miz Edwina goes NANNA NANNA NAAAANAAAA, whenever she sees you now! You got in trouble and she didn't! :eek: :D

LoudLou
09-25-2004, 12:58 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons6/40.gif EDDIE!!! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!!!!!!!.... Oh, wait I guess you weren't. :rolleyes: Sorry you got Grounded, but hey you asked for it.

kimlovescats
09-25-2004, 04:34 PM
EDWARD!!!!! What WERE you thinking, son?!!!! :eek:
Now be a good, sweet baby boy and don't ever, ever, ever scare your meowmmy like that again!!!! Please don't cut her lip anymore either, or she won't be able to give you smoochies when you are being a good boy!;)

Miss Meow
09-26-2004, 12:09 AM
Eddie, you naughty cat!

Adventure to cats is scary to humans! Get back in your harness (bet it's done up a lot tighter next time ;)) and be good!

Killearn Kitties
09-26-2004, 06:40 AM
What got into you Eddie!! You could have been left behind!! Did you want to go back to living on the streets? I think some very serious thinking is required on your part. Also quite a lot of purr therapy and perhaps some headbumpies to cure that lip injury inflicted! :eek:

auggie
09-26-2004, 09:02 AM
Eddie, are you still grounded?
Humans don’t understand our need to brush up on everything.
Be a good boy and stay in the backyard like me and you won’t get in trouble.
Yours truly
Auggie
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid139/p4785a2db1f309ff9342b306f57f32053/f6f7d59d.jpg

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-26-2004, 12:18 PM
Eddie, I think you have some MAJOR sucking up to do, my boy!! Don't go giving Meowmie frights like that again okay??

lbaker
09-26-2004, 12:37 PM
SCARED, LAUGHING, CRYING AND ANXIOUS THE WHOLE TIME READING THIS. Oh Eddie.. :( This is stressful for all of you. But really!!!!

rg_girlca
09-26-2004, 05:21 PM
Oh my Eddie, what were you thinking is right. First you scare the living daylights out of meowmie, then you try to elude her approaches and then you go and cut her lip.
Sorry Eddie, can't blame this one on the duck this time.
You are one lucky boy, because if you were mine, you would have been grounded, like forever. (Yeah, like you would believe that!!!!)

Now please be a good boy and stay in your harness.

ramanth
09-27-2004, 08:40 AM
:eek: Eddie! Nawtee kitty. :(

Logan thinks Edwina unhooked his harness and told him to go to the front yard and wait for her under the bushes. ;)