PDA

View Full Version : Folly

Cindy
07-09-2000, 11:18 AM
I do not know if you are aware of some measures you can take to make Folly the most comfortable she can be; I cna only assume.
1. Glucosamine & Shark Cartilage supplements or dog food with these supplements added. We know that Eukanuba has such supplements and can aid in arthritis without side effects such as medication from veterinarians though some pet owners choose to go with the chemicals because so advised by the vet.
2. Also, there is a book by Diane Stein titled Natural Healing for Dogs & Cats. This book is wonderful in that it gives you information for making your pet as comfortable as possible and give it quality of life with massage, herbal remedies, acupressure, nutrition, etc. This is printed by the Crossing Press in Freedom, California. The bookstore I buy from had to special order it for me. The horizons of the attention you give Folly can be broadened in a great way by using the massage and acupressure for the problems she may have.
I hope any of the information I have passed on to you may help the quality of both your pet's life and your relationship with her.

Hope
07-10-2000, 12:13 AM
I have a female corgi with arthritis and we use glucosamine with MSM, powder form of Ester-C and evening of primrose oil capsules and we have had great results. She used to yelp when she would wake up in the morning and after a month of the vitamin use (she has been using this formula for about 2 or 3 years) she runs around and plays. She can over do it but for the most part she is in much better health than I ever thought possible. Good luck!

Merrill
07-10-2000, 12:25 AM
Thanks Cindy!
You must have the animal bug as bad as I do.
Great info. Folly is indeed on Glucosamine and an anti-inflammatory/pain pill when she starts whining. We live out of the book and use Bachs Rescue Remedy and aromatherapy.
She even has her own pillow on our bed. Sometimes I think Folly and my husband think the bed is theirs and are doing me a favor by
allowing me a bit of space! Merrill

Originally posted by Cindy:
I do not know if you are aware of some measures you can take to make Folly the most comfortable she can be; I cna only assume.
1. Glucosamine & Shark Cartilage supplements or dog food with these supplements added. We know that Eukanuba has such supplements and can aid in arthritis without side effects such as medication from veterinarians though some pet owners choose to go with the chemicals because so advised by the vet.
2. Also, there is a book by Diane Stein titled Natural Healing for Dogs & Cats. This book is wonderful in that it gives you information for making your pet as comfortable as possible and give it quality of life with massage, herbal remedies, acupressure, nutrition, etc. This is printed by the Crossing Press in Freedom, California. The bookstore I buy from had to special order it for me. The horizons of the attention you give Folly can be broadened in a great way by using the massage and acupressure for the problems she may have.
I hope any of the information I have passed on to you may help the quality of both your pet's life and your relationship with her.

Cindy
07-10-2000, 08:26 PM
Merrill:
I forgot to mention magnets when I first wrote to you. They improve blood flow to the areas where most needed. I understand they have beds with the magnets already in them. My 16-year-old Doberman/Shepherd moved best when she had these duck taped to her back. She weighed 80# and had severe arthritis in her neck and mid spine. Her name was Sunoco, and we got her on her first day of life when she was abandoned at a Sunoco gas station with her six brothers and sisters in a brown paper bag in July 1983 (hot, hot and humid day). I do not understand how there can be insensitive humans, but then again. . .
Yes, we are exuberant dog people. I have always had a dog and will forever. My husband is hooked both from his family's pets and from me now. Before we got Sunoco, we got Chance in July 1982 who was abandoned at the old zoo here in Indianapolis. He was a Terrier (or terror) and he also lived to be 16. We proudly display a painting of them on our living room to remind us of our first dog family. On June 25 last year, a lady saved Lady Tui from the animal control on D-Day! She is fantastic. She is part blond lab and part beagle. She looks just like a minature lab, but there is no such critter. She saved me from insanity after losing Sunoco. Our first dog family had many weird behavioral problems which needed Bach remedies like Holly for Sunoco because she liked to attack Chance. Chance had seizures. Lady Tui is so stable; well, except she is terrified of water (not quite like a lab, huh?). I have only used the internet since February, and you are the first person whom I don't know who has written to me. I was so excited - http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/redface.gif
Hope I did not bend your ear too much. Folly is such a lucky, lucky dog to have you taking care of her. Live long and prosper! Cindy