PDA

View Full Version : She's With Her Owner

Cougie Wechsler
10-15-2001, 08:40 PM
Hello everyone - thanks again for all your advice regarding the beautiful girl I took from my office.

Well, I went to my friend's house for lunch and we brainstormed how we would screen her owner, how we would reunite her with her home. We rehearsed some of what Spencer suggested but in the end we just decided to have faith and tell her owner the truth. When her owner answered we told her how she would spend all day at our office - had some near misses with cars and how our landlord wanted to "dispose" of her. We suggested that she stay inside when she is not supervised. We decided to call the number on the lost poster.

Her owner was ecstatic to know we had her and was safe. She told us that she did not realize she was spending the time at our office. She also promised us that she would keep her indoors or outside under supervision.

Well her owner came for her tonight. There is no doubt that she was happy to see her and that this cat is loved. At the same time, I am still a bit concerned for her. Her name is Tascha and she is a four year old Maine Coon.

So I am feeling :( and :) . Please pray for her that she will be safe. Yes Purrley, my friend fell in love and spoiled her rotten. The good thing about this is that my friend has not had a cat in years was brought back to the joy of being owned by a cat so there will be a baby in her life soon. She will be calling Abq. Cat rescue soon :D

Thanks again for all your advice!

[ October 15, 2001: Message edited by: Cougie Wechsler ]

yorkster
10-15-2001, 10:40 PM
YES, for sure call her owners and check up on her, and if you see her back at your office again, take her and run back to your friend! I don't understand your buildings owner- what harm could a kitty do to the building or grounds that would make him want to get rid of her?
Here is a thought too: Maybe Tasha's owner should start reading Pet/Cat Talk. It gives some people a different perspective on cats. I know there are still a lot of people out there that believe cats should be COMPLETELY free to roam, no matter what the circumstances or environment.

zippy-kat
10-16-2001, 12:36 AM
I completely understand the :( and :) feelings. (Man these smileys come in handy, don't they? lol)

I'm also glad that Tasha revived the 'kitten spark' that's been hibernating withing your friend! Let us know when the new furkid arrives! lol

Hey Cougie~ Isn't there a 24hr cat vetclinic in Albq? Just curious. I heard something about that a reeeeaaaalllll long time ago.

purrley
10-16-2001, 06:48 AM
I'm praying that this was a real wake-up call for Tascha's owners. We'll be looking forward to hearing about your friend's new arrival. Sorry she had to go through a heart break first - it doesn't take long for a kitty to grab onto the heart strings.

Cougie Wechsler
10-16-2001, 08:43 AM
Yes I agree, I pray that this is a wake up call for her owner. When I got to work this morning, I was praying that I would not see her and she is not here (she normally would be here at this time before I took her). Thanks for all your support. It was kind of funny - last night after she left, both me and my friend were both teary eyed and my friend's husband walked in and said - "well, you spent $70 on cat stuff and I am too proud to use the litter box so looks like you have to get yourself a cat". lol!!!!

I will let you know when the new baby is here and my friend knows how to get pictures on the net so we will post pictures. It might be a few weeks since we don't know if Tascha will make a return appearance (we hope not).I have to admit, I worried about her last night.

Yea, Yorkster that is a great idea. When I call to check on her, I will mention that. I know I have learned so much from everyone on here and it is beneficial to me!

And Zippy, yes there are two 24 hour clinics and almost every vet in the City has a 24 hour number. There are also 2 cat only vets in Albuquerque. :)

[ October 16, 2001: Message edited by: Cougie Wechsler ]

wolflady
10-16-2001, 11:50 AM
Cougie, I too can totally understand the :( and :) feelings! I also am praying that this was a real wake-up call for Tascha's owners. But, I'm glad that you were open and honest with her about the precious kitty's welfare :) Sometimes it's hard to see what's really happening unless you talk with someone face to face. That's great news about your friend's new 'spark' for a cat in her life!! Be sure to tell us all about it, and by all means...invite her to join in here at COTD!!!! :D :D :D

AvaJoy
10-17-2001, 07:32 PM
What a bittersweet experience this has been for you, but hopefully it will prove ultimately beneficial to Tascha, her guardian, and your most certainly your friend because now another lonesome feline will have someone to love him/her! Look forward to photos of the new adoptee and hope Tascha's guardian will be contributing to Pet Talk so we can all stay informed as to her well-being. :)