PDA

View Full Version : The Canadian Forigner // New story

CamCamPup33
09-23-2004, 06:56 PM
Are you tired of my stories yet? :p This story i started awhile back. Im really actually proud of it, and i actually WANT to finish it. The other's i've written i've gotten bored of. Im not so sure whats different about this one. Anyways, I decided to post this just to see what everyone else thinks..

The rain hit the car windows hard. I stared blankly out of the back window waiting for another lighting bolt to suddenly strike. We had been on the road for at least 10 hours, driving until we couldn’t drive anymore. That’s how far we would go, until we have reached the end. In other words, to Canada. I’m really not even sure why we were going there. We have no family there, nothing. Dad says we are getting away from ‘previous mishaps’. Yet we had no mishaps. Really we were the perfect family besides the thought that sometimes, not all the time dad drank himself away. Another million hours seemed to pass. I put my head down on the shoulder of my older brother, Chris. “It’s going to be okay, Kaci. You know that don’t you? We are gonna be fine. Promise. Even if we go no where, me and you will make the best of it..” I smiled and nodded. He laid his head on top of mine and sighed. “I miss Isabell.” he groaned. “I know.. It must have been hard, I know you loved her.” Isabell was my brother’s long time girlfriend, I swore they would marry. I just knew they would, and then this happened. My drunken father and too worried to care mother were shipping us away to Canada. “And I miss Sam.” I replied. “I know you do. But just think of this, im sure you’ll meet another great guy in Canada.” “And im sure you’ll meet another great girl in Canada.” I said half serious. “Yeah. But I don’t want to.” He said, “Me either” I told him. Mom was sleeping, while Cameron my little brother was rummaging around in his backpack filled with games and cards, and Dad had two hands on the wheel and had his eyes glued to the road. I sighed and closed my eyes. I woke to a sudden jolt of the car. “AW, COME ON!” dad yelled out. . I rubbed my eyes and looked around. It was pitch black outside, and the night had seemed to creep up slowly and silently on me while I was asleep. Mom also awoke, “What is it, Jack?” she said worried. “This guy, he stopped dead in front of me.” I sighed and rolled my eyes. You would think coming from Miami a big city, dad would learn traffic wouldn't get any better going to another big city. I had the sudden urge to check if Sam called me. I unzipped my purse and opened my phone. No call’s from him. Again I sighed this time loudly, because Chris saw what I was doing and told me “Forget him.” I laughed and so did he. It was one of those uncomfortable laughs that makes your stomach turn. “Yeah..” I said impatiently. “KaaaaaaaaCee.” Cameron said. “Yes, Cam.” “I looove you.” “Aw thanks, cam. I love you too,” “At least someone does,” I added. I looked out the window, trying to find something familiar. I didn’t. I didn’t even know where we were. Just as I thought that dad pulled off at a rest stop.

(I have PLENTY more! ;))

CamCamPup33
09-26-2004, 05:19 PM
Bump..

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-26-2004, 05:21 PM
Okay! I'm ready for moreeeeeeeee Amber!

ComedyDevil
09-26-2004, 05:24 PM
Me too! I want more! You're a great writer :)

CamCamPup33
09-26-2004, 05:35 PM
:) Thank you Amy.

At the top of the building held a sign, just about as big as a billboard that read “Canada welcomes YOU!” I rolled my eyes “What are we doing?” I asked. “Just taking a little break is all hon.” mom said patiently. I got out of the car and wandered around a bit. It was a lot colder than Miami, thats for sure. Chris followed me until I decided to sit down on a bench near by. “So this is Canada....” I said.. “Yep. This is it.” We looked around. It wasn’t anything special. Yet I wasn’t sure where exactly we were in Canada. There wasn’t a lot of trees here, not like in Florida. Things couldn’t get any worse.

“CHRIS, KACI!” I heard.. The voice was panicky and loud. It was mom, for sure. Chris and I exchanged worried yet confused glances and sprang to our feet. We ran to the car hoping nothing was wrong. “What?! What is it?” We said. “It’s Cameron. We can’t find him, he said he was going with you two, God Damn Kaci.” she replied. “God damn kaci? How is this MY fault? You know what, not now mother. Im going to look for Cam.” We looked high and low, mostly low because he was so short and small, we didn’t expect him to be in any unreachable places. He was only 2 for god’s sakes. Why hadn’t mom watched him? He was her son. “Chris, im gonna go check the bathroom.” I said. “Me too.” he replied. The bathroom door swung open and I looked in every stall, hoping that just maybe there Cameron would be looking for me or Chris. “Cam?” I called out. No answer. “UGH.” I yelled. A girl who looked just about as old as me glanced over my way. She gave me a disgusted look and I gave it right back. She grabbed a paper towel and threw it in the garbage. I walked past her and gave her another awkward glance. The door swung open once again and Chris stood waiting for me. “Any luck, Chris?” “No. You?” he said. “No.” I sighed and leaned against the wall. “Where could he be for god’s sakes.” Chris hissed. “I don’t know.” We walked around for a bit trying to see where the heck he could have gone. Trying to find any clues, maybe a trail of cheerio’s or something.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-26-2004, 05:50 PM
more more more more moreeee!

iluvmypets
09-26-2004, 05:52 PM
We looked high and low, mostly low because he was so short

haha that bit made me smile :D

more its really good

CamCamPup33
09-26-2004, 05:58 PM
Here ya go..

We walked back to the car and their was Cameron snuggled in mom’s arms. I ran over to them and picked up Cameron. “Where were you, Cam? You scared us half to death.” I stammered. “I was with da-da.” he said. I frowned. Figures, we look for him everywhere, costing us maybe an hour and a half of worrying and he’s with dad all along. I sighed in relief. I hugged Cameron close and made room for Chris. Chris stroked Cameron’s hair. He will be such a great dad whenever he has one. Chris is 19, but he knows a lot about kids, seeing that he and Cameron were real close when he was born. Chris was only 2 when I was born. He didn’t have much time to be the baby in the Family, I got to suck it up until Cameron came, 15 years later. You got it right if you did the math. I’m 17 counting down the days until I turn 18 and Cameron is 2. I stared down at my brown leather bag, studying it as if I never saw it before. Then I thought of Sam. Just about the most perfect guy ever, and I left him. I would have stayed in Florida if I could have, but I didn’t. It was Chris who had the choice to leave or not, but he stayed with us, because of Me and cam he says. We drove for about an hour or so more, and finally we arrived. Dad said he had a WONDERFUL surprise for us. We weren’t allowed to open our eyes just yet. Mom was giggling like mad and so was dad. We were just quiet. The car halted to a stop and I heard the car door open. Dad reached for me and Cameron’s arm while mom took Chris’ arm. “Come on, right this way…” dad said. I walked on rocks, and it made loud crunching noises every time I put one foot in front of the other. He stopped me and Cameron right in front of something, I wish I had my eyes open to know what exactly. I snuck a peek, but got caught. “KACI!! Don’t look.” Dad yelled. “Okay, Okay.” I replied. I peeked again and saw dad and mom grinning. I grinned to just because I didn’t know what they were grinning about. “Okay, All of you. Open your eyes.” Mom said excitedly. I gasped and covered my mouth. Could this be?

flamepony12
09-26-2004, 06:33 PM
:eek: :eek: WHAT?? PLEASE! MORE! :D:D:D:D:D

CamCamPup33
09-29-2004, 09:19 PM
And another uppy-date..

Standing in front of me was a green and white house. 3 windows on each side. There was a large front door and a little door on the side. “O-o-ours?” I stuttered. “Yep. You got it!” dad replied cheerfully. “But.. I Thought.. I mean, How? How did you even find the house, or BUY it for one.” Chris asked in Awe. “Well, me and your mother….” He gave a playful nudge, and a huge grin that was as big as the size of Texas to mom. “We used the internet!” he implied on internet like he was calling someone stupid. It reminded me of when Cameron would get mad at chris, he would always say “GO away, STUPID.” I couldn’t contain myself so I laughed. Dad looked a little crushed. “That’s great dad.” Chris said. “Yeah, good job.” I copied. Mom and dad just smiled and stared at the house. “So…… Can we go in?” I asked.. Dad tossed me the keys and I ran up to the door. The house was so big. I’ve never seen anything like it, not in florida at least. Chris and Cameron ran after me, and Cameron yelled “ME first picks!!” I knew exactly what he meant so quickly I repeated “SECOND!” Chris laughed, as he ran up the stairs. He was the first up. “Whoever gets there first!” I followed running quickly to pass him. I did and stopped. So did chris. We scanned the upstairs. There was 3 rooms on the right side of the stairs. Two in front of us and 3 more on the left side. I ran to the right to find the most secluded area of the 2nd story. I found it. It was gorgeous.

CamCamPup33
10-03-2004, 05:42 PM
Here's more.. lol

It had a sunroof that the night-time clouds shown in. The moon was right above the sunroof, as if it were painted there permanently. Then there was one more window on the side of the room. But it had shades pulled down over it. I went over to it and opened the shades. It was pitch black outside, and all I could see were some clouds. “Hey.” It was Chris. He made me jump, just because of the whole idea, you know… Being in a new house and all. “Oh wow..” I covered my chest. “You scared me chris..” I said honestly. “Sorry.” He smiled. “Why did you get scared? You aren’t afraid to be here, are you?” he asked. “No!” I said. “Okay… Just asking.” He replied. I smiled, I loved my brother. He was always there with a shoulder to lean on, for everything and anything. I walked over to him. “Well…. Is YOUR room as good as MINE?” I laughed. “No. Not nearly. Mine is dark. No windows. You got the only one with the sunroof.” He rolled his eyes and threw his hands in the air. “I went the wrong way.” He said. “Yeah well… Sorry!!” I said and ran down the stairs. He chased after me, and we stopped to find mom and dad downstairs grinning. “Well?” they said. “It’s great dad. Real great, did you see my room? It’s amazing. Where’s the master bedroom?” I asked curiously. “Im not sure hun, I still need to wander off myself!” he wouldn’t stop grinning. I wondered if it was possible for someone’s mouth to get stuck like that, just grinning all the time. Cameron came running down the stairs into the living room. The fresh smell of the night time air crept in through the door which Chris had just opened. The breeze made my hair flow into my face making a shield in front of my eyes. I pulled back my hair into a pony tail and sighed. I really thought this was going to be horrible. Maybe it wont be so horrible after all. Or maybe im just doubting it from horribleness so I don’t jinx it just yet. Who knows.

GoldenRetrLuver
10-03-2004, 06:01 PM
It's great! More, Amber! :D

CamCamPup33
11-01-2004, 07:52 PM
A little update.... :)

The next morning we all arose to the sound of birds chirping as if they were telling us to get up, that it’s morning. I crept out of my room – where I slept on the floor with a pillow and sheet and looked to see if anyone else was up. Chris was the only one who was awake. He was making himself a bowl of cheerio’s which were Cameron’s. Chris sprinkled little sugar packets that we took from crackle barrel in Tennessee awhile back onto his cereal. “Morning” he said sleepily. “Morning, why are you up so early?” I asked. “I just finished talking to Iz.” “Ohh” I said.. He didn’t answer. He just looked around the kitchen and sipped the milk in his cereal bowl. I walked towards the front door and saw the leaves on the trees falling. The wind blew them away into a big open field on the side of our house and piled up with each other. I opened the door and a morning breeze blew in. The air smelled fresh but cold and it might my nose tingle. I sniffed in the air. “It’s so different here. Than Miami I mean. You know Chris?” I asked. “Yeah. It’s open here. I’m not used to not seeing buildings around every corner.” He replied. I laughed, it was true. In Miami where we lived it was cluttered. Every little space was taken up by either palm trees or tall buildings. Or even both. I kind of missed it, but I liked the greenery. I realized I hadn’t checked my phone since yesterday evening. I walked up to my room and opened my purse. There was a red light on the side blinking, which meant I had a voicemail. I didn’t get my hopes up though. It could have been my best friend, Jen. I opened my phone and called the voicemail. It was Sam.

Dogz
11-02-2004, 09:53 PM
It sounds great so far, Amber!

More please. :)

CamCamPup33
11-03-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Dogz
It sounds great so far, Amber!

More please. :)

Thank you, Emma. :)

Here you go.. Trust me, if it's boring to anyone now, it will get better, i promise. ;) Im already on page 12 (Not on here, but writing) hehe.

His message was so blunt. He said ‘Hey Kac, I was just wondering how you were. Everything’s cool here. It’s sunny, you know. Okay ummmm… Call me back I guess.’ Obviously it would be sunny. It’s Florida. Although we’ve had about 4 or 5 hurricanes headed right towards us. I suppose that’s why dad wanted to leave, or at least a small factor to do with it. I closed my phone and placed it inside my purse. I didn’t want to call him back too soon. I didn’t want to seem to desperate by calling him back too fast. “Kaci!” called dad. “Yeah?” I called back down. “Come down here and help us bring in some boxes, will you?” he asked. “Okay, be down in a sec.” I walked over to Cameron’s room and found him bundled up in his blue sleeping bag. His breathing was steady and he seemed fast asleep. I didn’t want to wake him so I walked into the hallway and headed down the stairs. I found mom and dad standing by the door waiting for me to come down. Chris was already outside by the car getting out the boxes for his room. I went towards him and grabbed my two smaller boxes from the back of the van. We walked silently backed to the house and I dropped the boxes off at the entrance. By the time we finished getting all of the boxes and stuff into the house It was 1:30. I was trying to hook up the TV when chris came running over to me. “Hey Kac, Want to go explore around and see what we can do around here?” he asked. “Sure, Gimme a few minutes to get ready, K?” I replied. “Yeah, ill be in the car, ask Cam if he wants to come.” He said. Cameron was already up by the time I entered his room. “You awake, Roonie?” Roonie was Camerons nickname, he loved it when we called him that. “Yep” he replied. “Wanna come with me and chris to go see what’s around town?” I asked. “O-Tay” he said. “Hurry and get dressed, k?” he looked up at me and smiled. His smiles were the kind of smiles that warmed your heart and made you want to hug him so hard he wouldn’t be able to breathe. I walked back to my room and chose to wear a pair of jeans and a black shirt. I threw my hair into a ponytail, because it looked absolutely horrible. Jen said a ponytail cured any hair mistake. I grabbed Camerons hand and we headed downstairs, jumped in the car and looked at chris. “Where to?” I asked. “Wherever there’s life.” He answered and grinned. I watched out my window waiting for a sign of a tall building to appear. “Awe we goin’ home, Kac?” Cameron asked. “I wish.” I replied.

BCBlondie
11-03-2004, 05:02 PM
That's really good! Keep it up! :D

CamCamPup33
11-03-2004, 05:57 PM
Here's more for anyone who's reading..

We ended up finding a few restaurants and shopping malls, but nothing special. By the time we got home, Mom and dad were fuming mad. “Where WERE you?!” they asked us as we walked in the front door. “We were just out around town. No big deal, mom.” Chris answered. He rolled his eyes at the sight of my mom’s, that’s-it-you’ve-got-me-mad-because-my-hands-are-on-my-hips face. I raised my eyebrows and Cameron just stood there like an angel. “Well, do you think you could have told us? Or left us a note so we weren’t absolutely worried out of OUR MINDS?” Dad said. Chris looked at me and gave me a look like ‘I knew I forgot something.’ I walked up the stairs and dad called after me. “Kaci, we aren’t done here!” I kept walking. For some odd reason I was tired of everything, I wanted to collapse on my bed – until I realized I didn’t have a bed and actually It was just a floor with a blanket laid on top. I sat on top of the blanket and opened the blinds. The sun drowned me into a deep haze, a warming feeling that numbed my whole body. I leaned back and for the first time since we got here, and relaxed. I looked up to the sun roof which the sun was directly overhead and watched the clouds roll on. I thought of the game called “Cloud shapers” Cameron and Me always played. We would lay in the grass at home and watch the clouds roll through the sky. Each cloud Cameron would see he would name what he saw. Once he said he saw me. It was as if he wasn’t 2, it was as if he was my age, knowing exactly what to say, all the time. He told me the shape of my eyes were in the middle of the clouds. He told me the cloud was wrong, but all the parts were right. It made me feel weird inside, I’m not sure why. I guess to remember that day. He seems so young, but really….. He understands us. And I understand him.