PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone!! WE MADE IT!!

Dixie Belle
09-23-2004, 04:08 PM
Hey everybody!! We made it through Ivan the Horrible! Sorry it's taken so long to get back up. Actually, we're at my husband's grandmother's house with a laptop 'cause our phone's are still out.

We didn't end up with a lot of damage. We were without water for one day, no power for four, and still no phone. Bless the crews that have come in from all of the country to help us get up and running again. These guys have been spending about 12 to 18 hours a day working on the power lines. It took a couple of days just to cut the trees off the lines.

All the puppies are safe! We had a bad scare though. A huge cinder tree had fallen down, but the shed next to where we had the dogs caught it, so it missed hitting them. If that shed hadn't been there, we might have lost them.

Everyone if you could, please keep prayers going up. There are a lot of areas in my county that we still can't get into. Lots of people have lost their homes. It has been quite terrible. There are animals that have been displaced from their families too. They are asking for foster homes until the families can be located.

I wish I had pictures so I could show you all everything, but I don't. I have it on video though.

Anyway, wanted to let you know that we are okay! Later!

LorraineO
09-23-2004, 04:40 PM
Being a survivor of a direct hit from a hurricane (Juan back late last year) I understand your fright! I am so relieved your doggies were ok... mother Nature is not something to mess with is she??

Take care!!!!

captain
09-23-2004, 05:36 PM
Thank goodness you came through OK ............ and for letting us know.

chocolatepuppy
09-23-2004, 08:30 PM
Glad you did ok and your pups are ok! :)

Logan
09-23-2004, 09:42 PM
Thank goodness, Cheryl!!!!!! :) This is GREAT news. We will certainly keep those others who have not been so fortunate in our prayers.

Logan

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-24-2004, 06:41 AM
Glad that you and your family are safe and OK!

Karen
09-24-2004, 07:36 AM
Thanks for letting us know. Hmmm, I could have sworn I heard a certain Saintly voice saying "Snowstorms, Mom - we're made for snowstorms, not this hurriblecane stuff! Sheesh!"

trayi52
09-24-2004, 08:44 AM
Glad to hear your family and pups are all okay.

Willie:)

Chica
09-24-2004, 01:41 PM
Glad to see that you are OKAY!

Originally posted by DoggiesAreTheBest
Glad that you and your family are safe and OK!

pitc9
09-25-2004, 07:44 AM
Glad to hear everyone is safe!

Cincy'sMom
09-25-2004, 11:24 PM
Glad to hear you made it safe and sound!

bsherman
09-27-2004, 07:22 AM
I'm so glad to hear back from you and you and the pups are OK, we thought about you this weekend too, knowing that there are so many down south going through it again for a fourth time. Just glad everyone ok.