PDA

View Full Version : May I ask for a favor, please? :)

Kirsten
09-23-2004, 12:08 PM
The past two days, I've been busy redesigned my parents' website, www.tillyschanze.de (http://www.tillyschanze.de). It is online now, but before Reinhold informs the local media about the new design, I would like to have it tested.

So if you don't mind, please take a brief look at that page, and look out especially for the following things:

The dark green navigation bar at the top of the page. Had some problems with that one first since a scroll bar appeared at the right and the links have only been partly visible. The problem should be solved now (and it is looking okay on my computer) but I would like to be sure that it's looking good on other computers as well.

Another point: The font size I've used. The links on the left (and some parts of the text) are very small, but they should still be readable. It's looking okay on my computer, but kind of messed up on my neighbors' comp (well, their pc is kind of crappy, but who knows.

So it would be nice if you could check these things for me and let me know how it's looking like. And in case you'll notice some more weird stuff, please let me know about it as well.

Besides, it could be that you're seeing some weird characters in the text. They may occur instead of the German umlauts, since you most likely don't have them on your computer. There are codes for them, but I was too lazy to use them! :o

Thanks a lot in advance! :)

Kirsten

Edwina's Secretary
09-23-2004, 12:19 PM
Kirsten....looks great...no problems with either top or side bar. The umlauts are umlauts and that double S thing appears.

Don't understand much of what I read but it looks fabulous! I went to all the pages and all worked (and looked) just fine.

DJFyrewolf36
09-23-2004, 12:20 PM
Looks good over here, and Im on a work computer! I'll double check on the laptop when I get home :D

Kirsten
09-23-2004, 12:23 PM
Thanks a lot! :) Yes, would be good to hear how it's looking on a laptop! :)

Funny that the umlauts appear, I thought they wouldn't...

There's an English version of the page also, but that one hasn't been redesigned yet, I'll be working on that the next couple of days! :)

Besides, I have planned to take a new photo of the restaurant for the front page, one that is showing my mother and Reinhold in front of the restaurant, as if they would greet the guests (page visitors). But right now, it's not the right weather for outdoor photos!

Kirsten

Kirsten
09-23-2004, 03:25 PM
I have uploaded the English version now, might be more interesting for you to look at: :)

http://tillyschanze.de/index2.html

Kirsten

DJFyrewolf36
09-23-2004, 03:33 PM
This clinches it, Im going to Germany!!! Wow these are very pretty places! I've been saving up for a vacation over in Europe and I know now for sure I am going to have to tour this beautiful country!

Randi
09-23-2004, 03:49 PM
It looks great, Kirsten! I like everything about it - good job! ;) Only thing is, I have to scroll a bit sideways on my 17" screen.

Barbara
09-23-2004, 04:30 PM
Kirsten I'll check it tomorrow afternoon on my office laptop. Kristina: if you come to Germany, make sure to meet us:D

dukedogsmom
09-23-2004, 04:44 PM
It looks great! Makes me want to go there and visit that beautiful tower. I wish I could just quit working and travel.

Kirsten
09-24-2004, 02:39 PM
Thanks a lot everyone! :) I've completed the English version of the page now, translated even the menu! :D

DJFyrewolf36, let us know when you're coming to Germany! :)

Kirsten

jenluckenbach
09-24-2004, 03:13 PM
There was just 1 problem.......I couldn't understand a word of it ! :D :rolleyes: :D

(sorry, just a little joke ;) )

Actally it looked VERY good. I had no problems at all.

nibblets
09-24-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
This clinches it, Im going to Germany!!! Wow these are very pretty places! I've been saving up for a vacation over in Europe and I know now for sure I am going to have to tour this beautiful country!

I'm with you! Wow! What a wonderful place. The site looks very nice. I'm impressed.

How far is this from Stuttgart? My friend, Marlies lives in Stuttgart.

lynnestankard
09-24-2004, 04:21 PM
Kirsten - Have just spent an enjoyable time reading the site - it looks beautiful and sounds wonderful. The only thing I have to comment on - is the English translation describing the New Years Eve celebration the word is - fantastic not phantastic.

The photoraphs are superb - did you take them?

Lynne

Kirsten
09-24-2004, 04:27 PM
Ha ha ha, Jen, that's a good one! LOL There's also an English version, just click the little UK banner: :D

nibblets, Stuttgart is 400 kilometres away from here. It's in the south, and the place where I live is in the middle of Germany. My sister lives in Stuttgart btw! :)

Lynne, thanks for telling me about that, I'll go and edit that! :D And yes, I took most of the photos from that page (and all from the gallery).

Kirsten

Edwina's Secretary
09-24-2004, 04:31 PM
Since I'm always interested in "what's to eat" I checked out your menu (salivating the whole time....) Some suggestions. Just call it ham rather than "raw" ham , venison rather than deer, and wild boar rather than wild pig.

Just some cultural differences!

Corinna
09-24-2004, 04:38 PM
The english version worked fine. Do you think you could find a place for a run a way if I show up on your door step?

Kirsten
09-24-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Since I'm always interested in "what's to eat" I checked out your menu (salivating the whole time....) Some suggestions. Just call it ham rather than "raw" ham , venison rather than deer, and wild boar rather than wild pig.

Just some cultural differences!

Thanks a lot, your suggestions are very appreciated! :) I found it pretty difficult to translate the menu, I'm not so familiar with the English language when it comes to that subject - of course, this does not mean that I don't love to eat, but I'm a veggie!! :D Personally, I found that part with the deer and wild pig really heartbreaking! :eek:

Corrina, you're always welcome, just in case you come to Germany! :)

Besides, some of the translations (mostly the articles from the navigation bar at the top, like "the tower", "the grounds" etc.) are not from me, they are from the English guide that visitors can buy. A woman who has lived in the UK had once translated that, and I guess her style is quite different. :o

Kirsten