PDA

View Full Version : Crockpots

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-23-2004, 08:32 AM
I just love my crockpot!

Especially on a day like today. It is cold and rainy outside and I have some chinese vegetable and seafood soup cooking as I type this! Yum!

I make lots of soups, stews, and dishes in it. Food always tastes great when it cooks for 8 hours!

Anyone got some good crockpot recipes?

ramanth
09-23-2004, 09:02 AM
I think I might have some.... I'll take a look tonight. :D

I love Goulash and Chili in a crockpot. Yum!!!

lizzielou742
09-23-2004, 09:19 AM
Oooo! I just got a CrockPot and am in need of some good recipes! This should be a good thread! :D

Samantha Puppy
09-23-2004, 09:22 AM
Two large bags of sauerkraut. One large pork loin. Throw it all in there together and simmer on low all day. Serve with homemade mashed potatoes. Salt and pepper both to taste. Prior to serving the pork and sauerkraut, break apart pork into smaller pieces - do not serve as a loin.

Ohhhhh, that is some goooooooooood lovin'.

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-23-2004, 09:46 AM
Chinese Vegetable and Seafood Soup

15 cups water
6 Tbsp vegetable boullion or fish boullion
2 tsp shredded Ginger
2 tsp Teriyaki Sauce
1 tsp red pepper flakes (less if you don't want it too spicy)
9 shitake musrooms, sliced
8 oz. bean sprouts
8 oz. soy beans
2 large carrots, shredded
8 oz. baby corn, sliced
8 oz. water chestnuts, slicedd
1/2 lbs shrimp, deviened and tails removed
1/2 lbs small scallops
1/2 lbs crab meat
6 oz. noodles

Add all ingredients except for noodles to crockpot and set for 4 hours. One hour before completion, add noodles.

Tonya
09-23-2004, 09:54 AM
I love crockpots. Mine broke in the move and I was devastated! I need to go out and get another because I really don't cook much lately. Ever since I've been pregnant, the smell of cooking meat makes me sick.

I make a killer stew in the crock pot. The problem is that I never make it the same twice. lol. It turns out awesome about 1 out of every 10 tries, the other times it's just ok. I put the beef in with salt and pepper and a tad of oil until it browns. Then I add water, seasoning, and whatever veggies are in the fridge.

I also have an awesome chili recipe, but my cookbooks are still packed. It is made with dark beer and huge chunks of beef. It is awesome. I'll post it once i find my recipes.

pitc9
09-23-2004, 10:09 AM
Ohhhh... yeah!!
The weather is just turning cold enough here to break out the crock pot!

I just love how easy it is!

My fav is just roast.

cut red skins in halves... throw 'em in
bag of baby carrots.... thow 'em in
plop the roast on top
open a pack of lipton soup, sprinkel on top,
some beef broth and a cup of water,
leave it on low all day while I'm "hard" at work;)

I come home.... DINNER IS DONE!!

Glacier
09-23-2004, 12:05 PM
Can you get Company's Coming cook books where you are? They are great and she has one out that is nothing but crockpot recipes. I use it all the time!

NoahsMommy
09-23-2004, 03:44 PM
Its nowhere near cold here yet, but when it is, I love the crockpot.

We cook everything from chicken to tritip to sauces in there. I love makings a spaghetti sauce that simmers all day long. :)

caseysmom
09-23-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
Two large bags of sauerkraut. One large pork loin. Throw it all in there together and simmer on low all day. Serve with homemade mashed potatoes. Salt and pepper both to taste. Prior to serving the pork and sauerkraut, break apart pork into smaller pieces - do not serve as a loin.

I am definitely going to try this it sounds soooo good.

caseysmom
09-24-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy

I have this in the crockpot right now! I kept thinking about his yesterday! I added a little pepper to the crockpot.

Samantha Puppy
09-24-2004, 04:59 PM
I hope you enjoy it!! I'll have to make it on our first chilly day - talking about it yesterday made me crave it!!!

boscibo
09-24-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by pitc9
Ohhhh... yeah!!
The weather is just turning cold enough here to break out the crock pot!

I just love how easy it is!

My fav is just roast.

cut red skins in halves... throw 'em in
bag of baby carrots.... thow 'em in
plop the roast on top
open a pack of lipton soup, sprinkel on top,
some beef broth and a cup of water,
leave it on low all day while I'm "hard" at work;)

I come home.... DINNER IS DONE!!

This is how I do it too, except I've never done it with beef broth. I cook my roasts 10-12 hours in the crockpot, the meat just falls apart. And it is so easy, that's my kind of cooking. I can throw the stuff into the pot in the morning while I'm still half-asleep, and it tastes like I've been slaving in the kitchen all day.

Tina
09-24-2004, 05:58 PM
I love my crockpot! I like to make some pinto beans or chili in it.

I would love to try out some other stuff to cook in it.:)