PDA

View Full Version : This can't be happening again... another hurricane

BitsyNaceyDog
09-23-2004, 06:01 AM
Hurricane Jeanne is coming. She is expected to hit Florida late saturday- early sunday.

Justin and I were so pose to be going to Atlanta this weekend to see They Might Be Giants, but not now. We already have our tickets and everything. Grrrrr, I'm so angry. I haven't gotten to see They Might Be Giants in over 3 years.

So instead of a nice little 4 day stress-free vacation, we now have a ton of stress to get ready for Jeanne. Not easy with 30+ animals.

pitc9
09-23-2004, 07:36 AM
I feel so bad for you all down in FL this year....

lizzielou742
09-23-2004, 09:50 AM
Check out this animation of Hurricane Jeanne's path!

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/archive/2004/JEANNE_graphics.shtml

It's kinda weird, but you can see it goes in a circle!

Also, did you all hear about Hurricane Karl? It's going up near Iceland!
:eek:
I don't think it's going to actually hit anything though. Probably pretty cold water up there! That will slow it down.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT12/refresh/AL1204W+GIF/231148W.gif

Tonya
09-23-2004, 09:56 AM
Oh my gosh! :( I cannot believe the hell Florida has went through this year. I hope that Jeanne misses Florida.

Fox-Gal
09-23-2004, 12:22 PM
I know I can't belive where going to get another one. And they say if it hit it will be back around where my Father lives again. That's the last thing they need now. It's still a mess over there.

Of Course it has to come on the day my husband was planing on taking me to Animal Kingdom also, to help cheer me up after all that the other 2 did to me.

Anyone want to buy a 3 bedroom house with minor damage from the last hurricane, pool and 5 acers in FLorida? Come live in the hurricane state.............Oppps, sorry I meant the sunshine sate. LOL :rolleyes:

4 Dog Mother
09-23-2004, 04:42 PM
I am suppose to fly back to Ohio on Sunday after 10 days down here in Melbourne with my husband. I am not too crazy about not getting to go back as scheduled! But that is nothing compared to all the people who are here and have to go through this again. All this is making me less and less anxious to move to
Florida!

wabbitwuver
09-23-2004, 04:48 PM
wtf? That's a sin! Not another hurricane!:eek: Here in NS we got hit by Juan which wasn't near as bad as any hurricanes Florida and thought it was hell! Good luck with the new hurricane.

dukedogsmom
09-23-2004, 04:50 PM
I'm thoroughly fed up with them all. If I never hear the word hurricane again, it will be too soon.

Cincy'sMom
09-24-2004, 12:21 PM
Stay safe everyone!! We'll be thinking of you this weekend.

I just got an email from my dad. He was able to move mom's flight up to tomorrow pm so if Jeanne take her time coming she, she may make it out in time. His plan is to then go to my aunt's in the Orlando area. Obviuosly, if mom doesn't make it out, they will both head there.

4 Dog Mother
09-24-2004, 03:41 PM
New update - I have convinced Dad into flying home with me! So we will have alittle more time together. Surely this weather has convinced him that it is time to work even harder to find a job up north!

Land fall is suppose to be here at Melbourne or below us again closer to Port St. Lucia (look out Delidog) so why not get out!

Will have all of you that have to stay in our thoughts and prayers.