PDA

View Full Version : someone help! with this stupid Windows media! :mad:

flamepony12
09-22-2004, 10:06 PM
can someone PLEASE help me? how do I import movies from my camera to Windows Media Player??? any help appreciated :)
-Dev :)

flamepony12
09-22-2004, 10:38 PM
bump???

MariaM
09-22-2004, 11:07 PM
Well, what I do is I just load them from the camera onto the computer, where I put my pictures. Then I go to Windows Explorer (just find whereever you store them...though some programs like ACDSee doesn't open them up) and double click, and then Windows Media Player automatically pops up for me and plays it.

lizzielou742
09-23-2004, 07:51 AM
Mine is a little more complicated because my camera saves video files as .mov's so I have to convert them. What file extension does your camera use to save your video files?

I downloaded two free programs, "Bink and Smacker" and Windows Movie Maker. I use Bink and Smacker to convert the file from a .mov to a .avi, then I use Windows Movie Maker to edit the video, put on title/credits, adjust sounds, starting and ending points, etc. Then Windows Movie Maker saves it as a .wmv file, which is what you need to play in Windows Media Player.

I guess it might also depends on what OS you are using? :confused:

flamepony12
09-23-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by lizzielou742
Mine is a little more complicated because my camera saves video files as .mov's so I have to convert them. What file extension does your camera use to save your video files?

Well mine automatically saves them as mpg.
I tried clicking on the player, then clicking "Open", then clicking on that movie, but it says it couldn't read the file. :(

captain
09-23-2004, 08:40 PM
Did you have a look at this thread

Posting Videos (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50899&highlight=convert)

Hope it helps!

flamepony12
09-23-2004, 08:46 PM
:eek: a little complicated.... :eek: but I'll figure it out!! Thanx for helping! :D

lizzielou742
09-24-2004, 09:49 AM
I don't think .mpg is a file extension that Windows Media Player can play. What I would do is download Windows Movie Maker, go to File, Import into Collections, import your video (combine clips if you have to), then go to File, Save Movie As and it will save it with a .wmv extension, which will play in Windows Media Player. Also make sure the movie is smaller than 2.1 MB, that's the limit for attachments on PT :) I know it's complicated, I'm sorry...it took me weeks to figure out how to do mine! Every computer and camera is a little different, so that may not exactly work for you, but Good Luck!

flamepony12
09-24-2004, 07:40 PM
oh, no, that was MUCH better! thank you so much for helping! :D