PDA

View Full Version : Allergies anyone?

dogs_4_me
09-22-2004, 10:03 PM
Kind of a pointless thread but I was just wondering if anyone had any allergies. I am allergic to Nuts, Bee stings (the bee stings one isnt that bad, I just feel really sick and gets hives, I could die if i ever ate a nut:() Typical Seasonal Allergies, and bug bites

cali
09-22-2004, 10:07 PM
yes and no. being around ciggerette smoke makes me sick, like a fever kind of thing, but that is the only thing that effects me in any way :p

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-22-2004, 10:10 PM
I am a bit allergic to cats, not too badly though. I can be around them for hours I just usually get a few hives sometimes though, I am allergic to milk too.

flamepony12
09-22-2004, 10:15 PM
I am VERY mildly allergic to cats, i wont get hives or anything, which im glad cause i love cats :) but, in general, i dont really have any major allergies :)

Fox-Gal
09-22-2004, 10:16 PM
YES, Nuts, peanut butter, chocolate, red wine, tire rubber and almost anything green that grows. :mad: Oh and belive it are not, cats. But I will still always have my cats, it's not so bad that I can't stand it, I'll just take a pill everyday to have my babies.

dogs_4_me
09-22-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Fox-Gal
YES, Nuts, peanut butter,

I used to be allergic to cats but thankfully not anymore. Ick I hate the nut allergy though, its tough when your friends can have somthing but you cant:( :p

flamepony12
09-22-2004, 10:19 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: OMG! YOURE ALLERGIC TO CHOCOLATE??????I WOULDNT BE ABLE TO LIVE!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
:D Lol

dogs_4_me
09-22-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by flamepony12
:eek: :eek: :eek: OMG! YOURE ALLERGIC TO CHOCOLATE??????I WOULDNT BE ABLE TO LIVE!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

LOL:D

Desert Arabian
09-22-2004, 10:22 PM
Ragweed
Pollen- tree, flower, grass, etc
Dust
Horses
Donkeys
Mules
Goats/Sheep
Llamas
Cows
Basically all barn animals
Dog saliva
Rats
Rabbits
Hay
Eggs
Custard
Pine trees
Certain metals such as brass

...there are only like 5 things I am not allergic to....:rolleyes:

My allergic reactions are:
-asthma attacks/breathing problems
- severe hives
- dry, red, itchy eyes
- dry throat
- runny nose/stuffy nose
- swelling of throat (eggs)
- headaches (from stuffy head)

flamepony12
09-22-2004, 10:24 PM
does your rabbit give you hives/ make u sneeze? :)

jazzcat
09-22-2004, 10:25 PM
Cats:( :( But that doesn't stop me from owning three and working on number four. I just take my meds and keep smiling.

I also get sick from cig smoke too.

dogs_4_me
09-22-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
Ragweed
Pollen- tree, flower, grass, etc
Dust
Horses
Donkeys
Mules
Goats/Sheep
Llamas
Cows
Basically all barn animals
Dog saliva
Rats
Rabbits
Hay
Eggs
Custard
Pine trees
Certain metals such as brass

...there are only like 5 things I am not allergic to....:rolleyes:

My allergic reactions are:
-asthma attacks/breathing problems
- severe hives
- dry, red, itchy eyes
- dry throat
- runny nose/stuffy nose
- swelling of throat (eggs)
- headaches (from stuffy head)

Holy !! LOL. During fall i am allergic to all the leaves that are falling off the tree so i get bad head aches... I couldnt live with any allergy to dogs LOL

Desert Arabian
09-22-2004, 10:26 PM
does your rabbit give you hives/ make u sneeze? :)

Yes, my rats and rabbit give me hives.

flamepony12
09-22-2004, 10:27 PM
I WISH i waz allergic to cig smoke! I might as well be, i start choking every time i get near one! :mad:

Fox-Gal
09-22-2004, 10:28 PM

LOL yep, it gives me migraines, but it like a drug, I still have to have it as long as I don't over do it to much. It kills me cause I love Kisses and Milky way bars.

flamepony12
09-22-2004, 10:28 PM
lol :D

BitsyNaceyDog
09-22-2004, 10:31 PM
I am allergic to cats, however I don't really get too sick with my cats, I've seem to have built up an immunity to them. Other cats I do however get a reaction to.

I am also allergic to:
rats
bunnies (especially angoras)
dust
mold

I guess those are the main things.

KYS
09-22-2004, 10:32 PM
Yes: most nuts,pollins, some plants, dust, some trees, mold and cats.

lizzielou742
09-22-2004, 10:35 PM
Neosporin Eye Ointment (not the regular Neosporin, just the stuff you use for pink eye, it makes my eyes swell up) and Macrodantin/Macrobid (gives me hives).

Oh and seasonal allergies too :)

Kfamr
09-22-2004, 10:37 PM
I'm not allergic to anything that I know of. :)

carole
09-22-2004, 10:37 PM
Yes well I am allergic to Cats and was quite badly, but now I am only mildly, so I can almost recommend getting two pussycats to remedy the situation , worked for me, I am also allergic to fish,severly, eating it could result in my death, and to junk metal, only gold and silver for me , and I don't mind that allergy quite so much lol.:)

PJ's Mom
09-22-2004, 10:40 PM
The only thing I'm allercis to is okra (Little itchy bumps) and guinea pigs. Unfortunately I have two piggies that I can rarely touch. :(

dogs_4_me
09-22-2004, 10:41 PM
Hah Sorry abit off topic but this boy got kicked out of class for sneezing:p --good ol' allergies hah

dogs_4_me
09-22-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
The only thing I'm allercis to is okra (Little itchy bumps) and guinea pigs. Unfortunately I have two piggies that I can rarely touch. :(

That happened with my guinea pigs, I couldnt enter there room or anything with out sneezing and getting head aches--- lol I lived with it for awhile but eventually had to give them away:(

dogs_4_me
09-22-2004, 10:56 PM
I WISH i waz allergic to cig smoke! I might as well be, i start choking every time i get near one! :mad:

Yah, I cant stand going into the mall when there a kids smoking outside, ick i can hardly walk by it

teenster3
09-22-2004, 11:21 PM
I am allergic to:
- long-haired cats
- hay, pollen, etc.
- summer allegies, it tends to trigger my asthma!
- dried eucalyptis (as used in flower arrangements)
- Medicines....sulfa & eurythromicen
- Any Oil of Olay products

Tonya
09-22-2004, 11:23 PM
I'm allergic to bee stings and pollen. The bee allergy is severe. The pollen allergy isn't to bad. I can normally control it with Claritin and Flonase.

Twisterdog
09-22-2004, 11:59 PM
I am allegic to:

Nuts
Raw carrrots
Avocados
Bananas
Cats
Horses
Hay
Rabbits
Ferrets
Lots of plants and pollen
Penicillin

NoahsMommy
09-23-2004, 01:58 AM
I'm allergic to everything from seasonal stuff to changes in air temp (makes me cough unless I'm on medication for it).

I'm also allergic to cats...but I think I've been a little de-sensitized with 8....9... ;)

catnapper
09-23-2004, 06:41 AM
It would be easier to list the things I'm not allergic to! :D

Making it short:
~Cigarette smoke
~Alcohol
~Dust
~Pollen (the whole seasonal thing)
~My pets - but dear you'd have to kill me before I'd give them up
~Yoghurt
~Blue cheese (and I LOVE blue cheese WAAAHHHHH)
~Penicillin
~Scented stuff like perfumes (Estee Lauder is the WORST), scented room sprays, or those little cardboard things people hang f rom their rearview mirrors.
~wasps
I'm sure there's more, and my allergist wants me to do the whole blood test thing, but I'm not wasting my time for him to come back and tell me a whole million more things to avoid! :Rolleyes: :D

Then we have a whole loooong list of things I am intolerant to (like pickles, raisins, nuts & chocolate - things that aren't quite allergies but will always trigger a migraine.)

PJ's Mom
09-23-2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by dogs_4_me
That happened with my guinea pigs, I couldnt enter there room or anything with out sneezing and getting head aches--- lol I lived with it for awhile but eventually had to give them away:(

Awww. :(

My daughter has even worse allergies than I do. If she touches the pigs for too long, her throat closes up. :eek: I don't think I'll have to give them away because we have 4 other people in the house that are more than willing to give them attention. :D

lovemyshiba
09-23-2004, 09:39 AM
This year has been the worst for my allergies. I never even had allergies up until about 4 years ago:(
I have been miserable all summer--headaches, sinus infections, stuffed up, sore throat, sneezing, congestion, all that good stuff--the best the doctor could do was give me an antibiotic for it all. It worked for that week, but then came back. The week I spent at the beach this summer was the best--just breathing in the sea air:)
I have never, ever looked forward to winter in my life, but this year I am, just to get all of the pollens out of the air.

I also am allergic to cats, unfortunately. It seems that short haired cats bother me much more than long haired cats too.

robinh
09-23-2004, 11:19 AM
I do have seasonal allergies, but my main ones are food. Just about anything you can eat I'm allergic to it. Main problems are with corn, wheat, milk, alcohol and chocolate. May not sound like much, but try to cook without some of those things. It's not easy.

Some days they just cause a mild headache, but I can usually tell when I've messed up an eaten too much of any one or a combination. Migraine onset - big time - go home, take meds and hide in a dark room.

My worst is chocolate. I have to allow myself a little every so often. This woman cannot live without some chocolate. :D

Tina
09-23-2004, 11:20 AM
The only thing I know I'm allergic to is bee's and dust.

Glacier
09-23-2004, 12:04 PM
Tons of them:

Pollen--especially the stuff that drops from cottonwood type trees
Canola
Smoke
dust
mold

Dogs, cats and straw! Filling the dogs' houses for the winter with straw is not fun!

Fox-Gal
09-23-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
The week I spent at the beach this summer was the best--just breathing in the sea air:)

I had always lived on the ocean and never really knew I had all the problems I had till the first year I moved here. :mad: That was one of the worce years ever. When asking the Dr. why now do I suffer, thats what he said, no sea/salt air in this county. I think they need to bottle sea air, if they did I'd be hooked up to it 24/7. ;)

My Peanuts
09-23-2004, 03:46 PM
I'm only allergic to cats. My eyes swell up and I sneeze a lot. If I rub my eyes I get an actual bubble on my eyeball. It's really gross! It look like when you squeeze a water balloon and it bulges out on one side :rolleyes: :p Needless to say, that is the only reason I'm not a cat person ;)

carole
09-23-2004, 05:28 PM
My symptons were very similar to your's, and I am still allergic to cats, but like Noahsmommy I have de-sensitised myself by putting myself amongst them, I still do have problems , but they are bearable, I just take anti-histimanes, which I need every spring for my Hayfever anyhow, and I have to remember not to touch them , then rub my eyes, is it worth it? ABSOLUTLEY YES!!!:)

Karen
09-23-2004, 05:47 PM
I am allergic to cats, dust mites, ragweed and other pollend, seemingly all tree nuts (sigh), new ones may be fish and shrimp, and because my allergy to the omnipresent dustmites is so strong, basically my immune system is always on high alert, so anything perfumed, ammonia, many cleaning products (409 is safe, most others make me wheeze for hours), smoke of any kind, and many, many more. More all the time, lately grrrrrr including some unknowns, so I am getting my allergies tested again in January. Oh goody.

wabbitwuver
09-23-2004, 06:07 PM
I am allergic too cats,horses & guinea pigs. I am also allergic to hay! My allergies are odd since I'm not allergic to dogs or rabbits,mice,ect. only the three above(and the hay:p ). Anywayz when I get itchy(eyes,throat) I use a medicine called Reactine, and it's the child kind even though I'm not a child, it works better than any other allergy medicine!:D Around horses my eyes blow up like balloons. Other syptoms are itchy,itchy itchy eyes,itchy throat & snuffy nose. They drive me insane!

Kater
09-23-2004, 06:16 PM
I have been tested for allergies once and came out positive for every animal they tested me for (cats, dogs, horses, rodents...maybe others) and I had a very strong reaction to dust mites. Dust mites are HORRIBLE in Hawaii because they thrive in high humidity environments. I have the special dust mite covers on my bed and wash my linens in hot water and special dust mite solution weekly. I take allergy medicine daily as well as using a prescription nasal spray and prescription eye drops. I also irrigate my nose with saline spray 2-3 times per day. It is still not enough!

I had a horrible horrible nose infection less than a month ago and went to see my allergist today because I thought my nose was infected again! However, as of yet it is just very irritated but could still turn into an infection. Where I live during the week is not very clean and I have fans running in my room whenever I am there. He told me I have to get a HEPA filter or air conditioning. Air conditioning is not a possibility so I'll have to buy a HEPA filter this weekend. I am going to seriously consider getting more complete testing and then starting the immunotherpay shots for desensitization. I need to get my allergies to a level that can be controlled by prescription medication otherwise I'll continue to be just miserable!

*Phew* Thanks for letting me get that all out. I've just been so fed up with my allergies lately!

wabbitwuver
09-23-2004, 06:21 PM
I wish i wuz allergic to cigars! My dad smokes them and it drives me nuts....especially that sickning smell! Stupid cancer sticks! *hiss*:mad: Oh and I always get insanely itchy from that guinea pig(CoCoa) and my whole family(except my older sister,Tara) won't let me move him to the basement or something....:mad: They say he'll get tormented by the cat! Pfft he gets tormented by everything else around him, I can't stand him! I usually love all animals but not CoCoa....I have to wake up at 6pm and that pig wakes me up,squeeking for food in the middle of the night! It maddens me....especially since he makes me so itchy and sickly!

davidpizzica
09-23-2004, 06:34 PM
I'm allergic to newly cut grass, which is bad because I cut grass at a golf course for a living! lso since I quit moking 22
years ago, I get sick smelling cigarette smoke.

dogs_4_me
09-23-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by david p
I'm allergic to newly cut grass, which is bad because I cut grass at a golf course for a living!

LOL that must be a challenge:p

davidpizzica
09-23-2004, 08:07 PM
It's not fun, but when I get inside a building, the symptoms go away. I sneeze aqnd get watery eyes especially in the summer.

wolfie
09-23-2004, 11:32 PM
yeah... something outside in the fall. leaves or something. But flonase really helps!

and I think rabbit urine, because I sneeze every time I clean Benjamin's litter box (doesn't stop me though!)

Logan
09-23-2004, 11:49 PM
I have learned to live with allergic reactions to pollen, dust, animal hair, etc. Obviously, it isn't life threatening in my case and although I do get serious sinus infections, periodically, overall, I just handle it with OTC medication, and the occasional antibiotic.

What has happened in the last 6-7 years, though, that I hate is that I cannot get near any sort of Ivy (whether it be English Ivy, Poison Ivy, anything). My doctor has basically forbidden me to be a weed puller in my own yard because I react worse and worse every time I do it. :( The rashes take forever to heal and seem to attack my whole body. Even if I don't see any Ivy, I still seem to "find" it. I might even be picking it up from the dogs and cats after they have brushed up against some. Lord knows I do cuddle with all of them, so it is a distinct possibility.

davidpizzica
09-24-2004, 12:20 AM
I forgot to mention that if I even look at poison ivy wrong I would get it! I know a friend that if there is a tiny spore of poison ivy in Ohio, it would find it's way to Pittsburgh and infect her!! That's how sensitive she is to poison ivy!!

Sweet Sixy
09-24-2004, 11:24 AM
I'm not sure what.......but its been killing me this week!!! Every fall....:rolleyes:

dogs_4_me
09-24-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Sweet Sixy
I'm not sure what.......but its been killing me this week!!! Every fall....:rolleyes:

Lol, For me fall is the worst season for allergies :p

slleipnir
09-24-2004, 02:56 PM
I have allergies..I have a runny nose like everyday, and itchy eyes..I have no idea what I'm allergic too. They've only become bad this year.

Vio&Juni
09-24-2004, 04:38 PM
I am allergic to poplar fluff. It makes my eyes red. I am also allergic to black and white pepper and to some other seeds/spices. But nothing is as bad as Basil. In Moldova we have a kind of basil that we use basically for smell, I just turn black and I can't breathe. I wouln't try the basil in the food :eek: