PDA

View Full Version : Mosquitoes!!

Kfamr
09-22-2004, 09:34 PM
A.K.A. THE MOST ANNOYING THING EVER!!
http://www.mosquito-control.net/images/redskeeter.jpg
I swear.. these insects drive me CRAZY around this time of the year! I was at my grandma's house the other day, just talking with her, and my legs got completely bit up! they have not stopped itching and it's making me insane. :p

I HATE HATE HATE HATE these insects!!

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-22-2004, 09:42 PM
I HATE them too, they're everywhere over here right now! We've got millions and I don't even like to put the dogs out for long right now because of West Nile virus.

dogs_4_me
09-22-2004, 09:55 PM
I hate them as well. :D I'm allergic to their bites so they swell up like 10 times the size!

Fox-Gal
09-22-2004, 10:09 PM
I know the feeling, ever sense all the rain for the hurricanes it's been H#@L over here with them. I even have to spray the dogs twice a day, with skin-so-soft, just to keep them off. Living so far out in the country we don't get the trucks with the mosquitoes spray like they do in town, so we really have them bad.

I hate even going outside any more and hate smelling like OFF all day long. It's become my new perfume, "DEEP WOODS OFF" lol

Desert Arabian
09-22-2004, 10:29 PM
Don't complain about mosquitoes until you have been to Wisconsin! :rolleyes: The running "joke" here is the mosquito is our state bird. I've been to A LOT of states during the summer months and the amount of "skeeters" is nothing- get back to WI and get chewed to death. :p

flamepony12
09-22-2004, 10:30 PM
:eek: over here there is WEST NILE VIRUS! :eek: specially at dusk! :shivers: omg! :eek:

micki76
09-22-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by dogs_4_me
I hate them as well. :D I'm allergic to their bites so they swell up like 10 times the size!

Me too. I look like I have HUGE welts all over me.

Ours are starting to thin out here, finally.

BitsyNaceyDog
09-22-2004, 10:38 PM
When I first saw this thread I thought someone from florida must have posted it, then I saw it was Kay. :) Day and night, it doesn't matter what time it is, they are everywhere.

Originally posted by dogs_4_me

me too:(

Originally posted by flamepony12
:eek: over here there is WEST NILE VIRUS! :eek: specially at dusk! :shivers: omg! :eek:

We do here too.

Kfamr
09-22-2004, 10:41 PM
YLL-- You must have never been to Florida. :p It's HORRIBLE here! :p

Desert Arabian
09-22-2004, 10:51 PM
Kay...

Ok...I'll ship all the ones from WI down there...hehe...yeah, I bet they are pretty bad down there with the swampyness/moisture...

Ticks are another big problem here, especially in the later spring months....ick, ick, ick...they are almost as bad as the skeetos....:mad:

teenster3
09-22-2004, 11:25 PM
AGH....I feel your pain, they are so annoying!
The dogs & I were sitting out on the deck tonight & here come the darn mosquitos!!!
I was trying to get some more plants in before it got dark out but they were terrible tonight!
I asked Matthew to light the torches to make them go away with no luck!:rolleyes:

molucass
09-23-2004, 12:20 AM
We've had at least 2 people die from the west nile virus, just in my area, and another lady who was diagnosed with it, but survived.

I hate letting the dogs out, and I stay in most of the time myself unless I just absolutely have to go out....

The dogs really like going to the park, but because of those people dying, I haven't been taking them anymore.

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-23-2004, 02:24 AM
We get horrible mozzies in South Africa during summer, especially at our holiday house, because it's on a lake. We have thoses plug-ins going in every room inside, and candles burning outside, and smother ourselves in repellant just to be able to sit around without satting at them all the time. I HATE mozzies!!

Uabassoon
09-23-2004, 03:19 AM
One of the few things I love about Az is that we don't have many mosquitoes. I actually rarely ever see them out here. When I lived in South Texas it was a whole different story, it seemed like they were every where all year long.

Buddy Blaze Lover
09-23-2004, 09:20 AM
Yeah, we have TONS of mosquitoes too!!! You step outside and bam...you're all bit up!! :mad: It drives me nuts, but hey, what can you do about it?? Fall/winter's almost here so they'll die off after a while. I still don't know the purpose of mosquitoes though, or why God made them...still, they must be in His creation for some reason!! *sigh* :rolleyes: