PDA

View Full Version : Lucky the cat - in need of PT help

sirrahbed
09-22-2004, 08:18 PM
Over at Cat General, there is a sick little cat that is in need of help. The initial history can be read here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59006) Laura's Babies is one of our regular posters and her son and wife have recently begun posting as Dusty's People. The son and wife found this very ill cat and have taken him to an animal hospital where he is receiving the needed care. Another of our posters has offered to absorb the cost although she cannot afford it - so many of us are donating directly to the animal hospital. All the details as well as periodic updates on "Lucky's" care are here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59267)
Even if you are unable to help out - please come and read about what all is being done through PetTalk :) Even the clinic in Louisiana wants to know what PetTalkers are all about!!

jazzcat
09-22-2004, 10:28 PM
*BUMP*

leslie
09-23-2004, 12:27 AM
thanks Deb! Every little word for this boy must be working. you know, monday night on the phone with them, I could tell they had doubts he would make it through the night. I had already posted a "prayers needed" and now I wonder.... is there that much power? his temp was 105, he was severely dehydrated, couldn't hold up his own weight, and his pupils were not responding to a flashlight. Looked bad. But he made it. Then he made it throught the day in spite of plummeting, then he made it through another night, and now he is on an antibiotic that he seems to really be responding to! I do hope he won't relapse again! And I do thank you for this cross post and for donation for sure and I don't think I can thank you enough. Maybe Lucky can one day with some sweet pictures ( i am hoping!)

lynnestankard
09-23-2004, 09:42 AM
*bUmP*

QueenScoopalot
09-23-2004, 01:09 PM
Another *Bump* :D ;)

robinh
09-23-2004, 02:25 PM
Can't do over the phone, but I'm mailing a small donation today. Wish it could be more. Get well little baby.

tatsxxx11
09-23-2004, 02:28 PM
I'd love to help. I'm off to read the thread in Cats. You're muc loved Lucky:):):) Hands and paws in prayers for your complete recovery!

QueenScoopalot
09-23-2004, 08:25 PM
*BUMP* :D and purrs! ;)

sirrahbed
09-23-2004, 08:31 PM
:D Please do come and read the updates! Phred has been great about keeping in touch with the animal clinic and letting everyone know how Lucky is doing! I also know Leslie appreciates all the donations towards the bill total also. Oh, and there are pictures, too! It is just terrific what goes here at PT:)

leslie
09-23-2004, 08:43 PM
Hi Deb and all! I appreciate the donations and the updates phred has been able to get cuz I haven't talked with Dr. Adams since Tues am and the impression I was left with is that they would need my approval for each test etc as it was being billed to my charge card. But apperently not! Which is ok! I would only be wanting to confer if he were in need of a serious procedure that may leave him in worse shape, cost several hundred dollars with a tiny rate of success and he was in pain as it is etc.. you know what I mean? But luckily (ha ha) it never came to that! I am assuming Louis is ok and hoping Lucky will continue to improve. However, I don't know how long Dusty's People can keep them and it looks like if things cont. to go well, Lucky may be discharged any day. So need homes and Jan and I need to do transport requests (hopefully tomorrow or saturday at latest) I have never dealt with transport stuff but there is a first time for everything! thanks again deb for your interest, your time, energy, love, donation, prayers, uh... love again... and just being you! (and others here too- you know who you are!)

Cinder & Smoke
09-24-2004, 04:17 PM
I'z goin HOME!??

Thunk I WUZ "home"???

Ooooh - goin to Dusty's Howze!
:cool:

Izzit a long walk??

Oohh - Momma Rhonda an Poppa Kelvin are commin fur me...
An lil Brudder Louie is *waitin* fu me? NEET-O!!
I *missed* dat lil Twerp!!

Gonna *miss* all you guyz here inna Klinik!! :(
An I won't get ta say G-Bye ta Doc Kate... :(
Gonna *miss* her - she wuz Sooo Nice ta me!

TANKS to allua youze Klinik Peepil!!

Hey - can ya pack summa dat Wet Food ya been gibbin me?
Dat'z GUD Grub! Jest a kan or two -
I'll get uzed to da *DRY* Stuff again - unnerstand dat'z whut Dusty's
Gang all eetz - I kan handle dat!

Uggggh... gettin a TWO-week supplie of *PILLZ*, too...
Kuld do wiffout them!
OK - I'll be a Gud Boy an not spit em out.

WARSH UP?? ~ Why?
Poppa Kelvin is suppozed ta take *snappiez* of me wiffa Staff?
OK - I'll do sum *spittin* & *polishin* whilst I waitz.

Gettin 'cited now...
Goin Home - hazza nice *ring* to it!! ;)

TANKS AGIN, EBBERBUDDIE!!!

/s/ da lil Pet Tawlk Kat - LUCKY!!

:D
================================================

Please Post your "Welcome Back, Lucky" wishes on his
"current thread at >>>

"Donations NEEDED for Dusty's People's Foster Kitty..." (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&postid=850493)

And YES - we still need a few more Donations -
Lucky's Hoppsbittel Bill isn't *quite* paid off;
and we need a few extra dollars to help pay for
Lucky & Brudder Louie's *GRUB* while they hang out at Dusty's Howze.

THANKS for all the PT Help!!

/s/ Phred ;)

sirrahbed
09-25-2004, 11:23 AM
Lucky is Home! See Phred's thread above for the details:D
*BUMP*