PDA

View Full Version : Just about in my own back yard! SICK, sick, sick!

QueenScoopalot
09-22-2004, 08:14 PM
http://www.thedailyitemoflynn.com/news/view.bg?articleid=7190

Hog-tied dog washes up on Nahant beach
By Jill Casey
Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Nahant Animal Control Officer Michael Kairevich said he hopes he never again sees what he did Tuesday morning washed up on the beach.

"It's just not right," said Kairevich, referring to the dead golden retriever that was discovered hog-tied and stuffed in a heavy burlap bag on Long Beach shortly before 9 a.m.

Lynn police first received the call from a person who stumbled upon it near the bathhouse on the Lynn-Nahant line. Lynn police then alerted Nahant police about the matter who are now heading an investigation to determine who may have done this to the dog. Nahant police also want to too see if the dog can be connected to a registered owner in the area.

"There was enough bloating to say he was in the water for a while," said Kairevich, about the condition of the dog's body. All four legs of the dog were tied together, he said. The sex of the dog has not been identified yet.

The Massachusetts Society of the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals was alerted about the gruesome discovery and will investigate the matter Wednesday in Nahant with local police, Kairevich said. Kairevich, who was upset about the discovery, said he intends to do anything he can to find out what kind of person would do this to a helpless dog.

"It's horrible," Kairevich said.

The MSPCA can determine if the dog had an identification chip implanted inside its body for tracking purposes, Kairevich said. If the dog didn't have one, Kairevich is hoping that word-of-mouth may help police connect the dog with its owner.

Kairevich, a retired Nahant police officer, said he has never seen anything like this in his career. "I hope I never see anything like this again," he said.

flamepony12
09-22-2004, 10:33 PM
:SOBBING:
OOOOO-MMMM-GGG!!!
:(:(And it HAD to be a GR like my mackenzie!!:(:(:(:(
That is SO sad!!! :(:(:(

elizabethann
09-23-2004, 09:27 AM
I caught this on the news last night (channel 56 I believe). It was the headline story and they showed pictures of the dogs legs. It was very sad. I just looked over at my dog Fenway and couldn't imagine anybody doing something like that to an animal. I hope they find who did this. Poor Golden Retriever.

lizzielou742
09-23-2004, 09:52 AM
That's horrible. Do they know if the dog was alive when this happened to it, or is someone did this to an already dead dog?

elizabethann
09-23-2004, 10:00 AM
The cause of death is drowning. He was alive when this happened. Poor thing.

Logan
09-23-2004, 12:56 PM
:(

pitc9
09-23-2004, 01:22 PM
omg..... :(

RIP Sweet Golden..... please know that not all people on earth are at all like the beast that did that to you. Please know that you fell into the wrong hands. We all pray that you went quickly, and with out much pain, tears are falling as I think about what you may have gone through..... oh I pray you went quickly.....

But now you are free of all pain and far from evil people.
Please know now that nothing will ever hurt you again my sweet Golden.

Play Hard... forever

QueenScoopalot
09-23-2004, 01:26 PM
I wonder if he was thrown off a boat like that. :( :mad: I sure am praying he was microchipped too. :( Poor innocent dog. :(

Logan
09-23-2004, 02:22 PM
Something tells me that whoever would do something this terrible would never take the time to microchip. :( :( :(

GiantSchnauzer
09-24-2004, 10:28 PM
That is absolutley horrible! I saw the channel 4 news crew on the beach the other day and wondered what was going on. Now I know. Sick!

wabbitwuver
09-25-2004, 03:22 PM
WHAT A SIN! Poor puppy! How can someone be so cruel! Wait people can be even more cruel!:(:(:(:( I was on this website and it showed how in japan and china(you know how they eat dog and cat) well it showed them burning the dogs alive!And all the other dogs watching in this cramped up cage! It was horrible and made me sick! People are insane!:( :mad:

QueenScoopalot
09-25-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by GiantSchnauzer
That is absolutley horrible! I saw the channel 4 news crew on the beach the other day and wondered what was going on. Now I know. Sick!
You must be my neighbor then. I hear there's a large reward being offered for any information. Sure hope someone overhears something and turns in this beast of a so called human. :mad: